Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

“airlock” gate systems are confusing and awkard currently

Discussion in 'Release 74 Feedback' started by Echondas, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

The "airlock" gate systems in The Clink are currently confusing and awkward - I turned around several times thinking the lever was intentionally supposed to be "broken" or "disabled" due to the fighting occurring -- or perhaps part of a puzzle I needed to solve, until I finally decided to make a bug report about it - only to discover it's an intended mechanic in the release notes:
    • Updates to The Clink: ... more “airlock” gate systems ..

Perhaps an easy solution while keeping the mechanic could be having the lever always be usable/interactable -- but if the partner lever is still 'open', have the game output floating text and/or local chat dialog message simlar to "You must wait for the other gate to close before trying to use this", etc?

PS - just tried this again at home with sound on -- you cannot 'hear' the opposite gate closing SFX when standing near the opposing lever/gate due to distance - that would also be a good hint/help for the player to understand the intention behind this mechanic.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I've already added an update similar to this. While the one gate of an "airlock" pair is in use, interacting with a related switch will give you a message saying "This Switch is Resetting."

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Elgarion, Alley Oop and Echondas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.