The happy medium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elnoth, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

You can change silver/gold (premium currency) in order to have premium status

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. Sharok Alurien

Sharok Alurien Avatar

Here are my thoughts....1. If Artifacts are going to continue to be BiS, then drastically lower the drop rate so they are very, very rare.....2. Fix the crafting system to make it viable again....YOU broke it Chris, so YOU fix it...there are a ton of good ideas on this thread. Read it, and use the most realistic concepts. I came back because I'd been told that the crafting system had been greatly improved......yet I find it's been pretty much obsolete? I enjoy ALL aspects of a game, not just hunting and killing,but crafting and gathering as well...I think the amount of other players that are like me in that respect is far higher than you think.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I just want to point out that there are no craftable belts/sashes.

[edit] Just for clarification, I should be able to craft a buckle from an ingot then craft a belt from that buckle and a leather strap and then I should be able to masterwork and enchant it. I shouldn't be required to find some rare item in order to have something that I can enchant and masterwork for that slot.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Numa and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Hi Elgarion, thanks for the suggestion :)

From a standpoint of ticking the boxes to meet the criteria of a happy medium, this path is viable, and possibly the easiest to implement as there would be virtually no coding change on the dev side, just a change of approach. It is virtually what we had ingame until the changes to add sets like bandit or astral gear into game recently.

The main concern I have would be that there would not be a complete balance in this approach to all the current crafters. With that I mean having the base armor slots heavy with crafter love would suit blacksmiths and tailors, but would leave carpenters in a less than ideal position as they can only craft weapons (bows/wands/polearms/hammers etc) and are either competing with artifacts or needing to use Tier 3 mats to compete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.