Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Numa

Numa Avatar

Tons :)

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You get 1 free Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed per account. Just making sure you got that.

3. caper12

caper12 Avatar

Where do I look? I mean, I see the lots open all over the place but I don't know where to go to buy the deeds. I guess the online store?

Is that a quest item?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    .dao. likes this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You'll get your free lot deed by completing all the quests in a starting area, such as Solace Bridge Outskirts. Here's a link to two guides (just in case) and can't figure out how to receive your deed in the Outskirts:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...rse-guide-to-the-episode-1-main-quest.144686/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ting-started-the-outskirts-and-beyond.161220/

Vaiden Luro, Numa and caper12 like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It’s a regular item that will go into your inventory. It will have the name: Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed.

Elgarion and caper12 like this.
  6. caper12

caper12 Avatar

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @caper12 to the game. If I can assist anytime I'm Majoria in game. Have a great time. I'm also the managing steward for Wizards Rest if you'd like a tour and a little more info about placing your deed in a player owned town. Take your time to see which one is a good fit for you.

Elgarion, caper12 and Numa like this.
  8. Kreugerz

Kreugerz Avatar

Hello everyone, The wife and I decided to join this world (Bryn Lizbet and Ovand Fireforge), we have a pretty extensive background of MMORPGS and I must say the community of this game is by far one of the best we have encountered. Every encounter we have had with the player base of this game has been delightful. everyone is very open and forthcoming and more then willing to help with any questions we have had so far. I know coming into this we had worries that it was another pay to win with micro transactions to bolster your character to a status where you are a god like and the game becomes dull, but we have been pleasantly surprised that wasn't the case. Anyways I wanted to stop in and thank everyone I have encountered that has taken the time out of their game to answer the questions that may seem noobish to you veterans but mean the world to the new players coming in to join you. Hope to see you all around and may the Alfodr guide your way!

P.S. I know this game is a few years old but so far I have zero complaints besides I cant ride this giant bunny that we got for subscribing.

9. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

Kreugerz & wife.

Hello and a warm welcome both.

I read in your words that you've caught the essence of SotA; helpfulness, forthcoming people and no pay to win - but play to win.

SotA is on a large scale based on trade, making homes, decorations and city structures.

As for the noob/vet status ... I don't buy that :).

In here we are either all noobs or veterans, though alas ... a large part of the player pool are veterans from Ultima Online - which is both a legacy and platform for SotA. So many of us know stuff by heart or memory - instinctively from UO.

I simply can't imagine players in here being deadly drama people (we have quarrels from time to time - nobody is perfect) or pointing fingers.

All doors are open for, you have to dare open the rest yourselves, both of you - so based on your shown player spirit - I bet you will have lotsa fun in here.

I might become target for timely criticism now, but I can live with that; I recommend you settle down in Britt Mart - both a trade and settlement Municipal. I live there myself and our Govenor is an ingenious architect.

If you feel like it > I'll offer my time to give a guided tour, in the astonishing; infrastructure, decorations, scenic hillsides and hanging gardens - let me know via a pm.

Once again: welcome :)

10. Elgarion

Welcome! Hahaha, mounts might be coming down the road. Not sure we'll have ridable giant bunnies, but who's to say? :p

Vaiden Luro and gtesser like this.
  11. Baskar

Baskar Avatar

On that note.... Here Bunny!
    ...Time to break out the ps1.

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  12. BelomorKanal

BelomorKanal Avatar

Hi guys! Im new and bit stuck with loading game with 500kb's. Good start imo.

13. Elgarion

Welcome -- I hope you enjoy the game! :)

14. Furious6frog

Furious6frog Avatar

Hello. everybody! Looks like i`m ready to join forum discussions. Almost half a year game experience, still love it

Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  15. Elgarion

welcome! :)

16. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Hello.
    Well, about 9 months for me now. I have a few questions:
    1. The Magic Resistance skill in Tactics reduces Affinity by 1, and Affinity increases Magic Resistance by 1/2. Does that mean each skill level increases resistance by 1 or 1/2? How can I obtain my current Magic Resistance values?
    2. Is Mistrendur now public or do we still have to pay $20? If we have to pay, it would probably be a good idea to remove "early" from "episode 2 early access" as it's been around for awhile.

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The new continent Mistrendur is open to anyone. Anyone can visit the continent and all the player owned towns there. Eventually, the content in there will not be available to everyone, as that will be Episode 2 content. Episode 2 content will we added over time.

Justiciar likes this.
  18. Elgarion

1. I believe you're right. Since the resistance skills raise resistance to a school and lower attunement for the same school and attunement includes inherent resistance bonuses, yes, your resistance number is actually increasing in a smaller amount since the attunement also decreased. So if I recall, for each point in the skill, the resistance increases by .5 due to what you're describing. You can download LUA add-ons which display this info. Currently, the game does not reveal this in a UI. Also, if you type /stats it dumps your stat data into a chat log. You can find your chat logs by typing in /datafolder -- hope this helps :)

Justiciar likes this.
  19. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Hey Justiciar, just to add on a bit to what Elgarion replied, you are actually right. Here is the actual resistance Formula :

Magical Resistance = Warding skill + Resistance passives + Warding Gems + Warding Jewels + (Attunement/2).

This means that if you never raise your attunement, but get all your warding passives (The one in the Tactics Tree and the ones in the actual Magical Schools), you will gain 200 points of resistance, but lose 200 points of attunement, ending up at 200 resistance - (200 attunement / 2), Giving you a flat 100 resistance. This can be counteracted by raising 10 skills in a magic tree, and their average, which will give you your base attunement, will counteract the negatives from the passives. Without any other factors, ignoring any resistance passives or gear, you can reach 150 Resistance in each magical School except Chaos, only from 100 Attunement + 200 Warding.

Note that many high tier mobs (higher level liches and whatnot) will often seem to deal "True Damage" which ignores any kind of resistance be it physical or magical, in these cases, you need to learn the "Tell" and hide behind cover, have a shield to "block" or manage a nicely timed "dodge" (the last 2 being mostly luck based).

Justiciar likes this.
  20. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Hello!
    Unfortunately /stats does not calculate true fire resistance. The fire resistance value it shows is the sum of the Fire and Water fire warding passives. It also shows Magic Resistance value itself and of course Fire Attunement.
    From what has been discussed, I take it that my true fire resistance value is the sum of stat Fire Resistance and stat Magic Resistance and 1/2 stat Fire Attunement.
    The maximum at 200/200/200/-200 would therefore be 200+200+50+-100 = 350.
    Without warding it would be at 200/0 hence 200.
    Anpu, I take it that there will be an announcement when ep 2 will be available?
    I'm currently having fun in EastReach Gap. I think I'm probably already a leader in Most Times Teleport Othered if that stat was kept.