Lets make Upper Tears fun again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dysis, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dysis

Dysis Avatar

I voiced some negativity when we changed our att to two million, however, I was wrong, and it turned out to be a nice change, as I was able to earn more experience, and still maintain my real life. I viewed the attenuation, as the first MMO to take hold of healthy gaming, and get people to take breaks. I was able to get all my daily real life chores done, and play my favorite MMO at the same time, and really get somewhere! It was a life of fun, with work in real life getting done!

Unfortunately, now that the 5 million att is here, and UT actually costs money to run, I see that the att was just a limit on the players, and no thought for actual human health or real life productivity. Reality has smacked me in the forehead. Now we are looking at control points for experience, which are the opposite of any health ideas, as they are non stop. I just looked at the looking for group page, on a Sunday evening, and not one party, used to be full of upper tears players...

Why take the most popular playground away? Oh, it was too easy? Then, please, just add extra hard tier, I dont think there was a need to obliterate it by adding 2 harder tiers and the buff stone. We just need to find the happy spot, and bring back the fun that was Upper Tears. It would be nice to actually make some gold again to:)

I love sota, and think Atos is doing a great job. We all know MMO's change, its just the nature of the beast.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How does it cost money?

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

How - exactly - has UT changed for YOU, @Evenstar ?
    And what did you used to do in UT that you can't do now ?

Like Barugon asked: "How does it cost money ? "
    And what - exactly - is "the opposite of any health ideas" ?

UT was not "obliterated" at all, just a bit different.... Still quite "doable"........

I could be wrong, but what I'm hearing is that you used to be able to do UT and get your chores done at the same time...
    As one who has done UT since it was invented - and also as one who generally does the most damage (with notable exceptions) I tend to notice people in the group, who are just along for the ride and are off doing their chores - you sound a lot like someone who NOW must actually do more ingame and less RL "chores"....

I was forced to read between the lines in your post, since you never did get around to saying exactly what changed for you in UT now...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The cost is from the increase in reg cost of the main skill used there, and when in a party the loot you get just does not pay for the regs you use that run. In 35 minutes earlier, we had a party member use 900 garlic and 500 of some of the other regs.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

This may be intentional, but appears to be not well thought out, IMO..........
    When you say "The main skill used there", @Mac2 - are you referring to meteors, fire or banish ?

Dark Tidings likes this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

While I did not mind the breaks, I dont mind not having them either. There are people who did not like it, and it was really a safety thing to make sure no bad exp exploited were out there, I think.

Tailz likes this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Not following you, @Mac2 .
    What are you referring to as "bad exp exploited" ??

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

"exploits"

9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

So, what I'm hearing is that there was an exploit of some kind, and the solution was to MASSIVELY increase the use of regs ?
    Is that correct ?
    Pathetic solution............

Mhtic and Brass Knuckles like this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think he means that attenuation itself was originally a way to limit the damage if there was a bad exploit, since the scene had such a fast spawn rate and high-ish level mobs. I don't think he's referring to the current situation.

Mhtic and Tailz like this.
  11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Um, the current situation seems to be that reg use has increased dramatically - which is the situation that I was referring to.

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Because you have a warlock chain equipped?

Which has a +%200 reagent cost if you wear it?

Mhtic likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm sure the garlic usage is from spamming Banish Undead.

14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Nope, been wearing one for over a year...... Nothing new there.

So, did he reduce the damage done by Banish or increase dramatically the reg usage - or both ?

15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Perhaps the +200% Reagent Cost is now... actually working?

Mhtic likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

He reduced the damage a wee bit, increased the garlic usage, increased the focus cost and increased the cooldown.

FrostII likes this.
  17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Not that there was any bad exp exploits, but just in case there was, everyone was capped at 1 mil exp then 2 mil exp. The regs used on the main aoe skills used in UT was increased a lot, the damage on banish was halfed, reg useage increased and cooldown of the skill was made longer. That was warlock and 2 ankhs of sacrifice, so 600% increase :) . For me I just use warlock but having to cast the aoe skills a lot more often with the increased reg cost I have to refill my regs a lot more often now. I am not really worried about me, I can afford it for now. Its the new players who want to play as a mage and end up putting all the coin they make into buying regs that worries me.

Boris Mondragon, Mhtic and FrostII like this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Chris did say the reagents you can grow yourself were affected and that plans for us to find the ones you can't grow will be more plentiful to find. It's easy to grow reagents. It of course takes planming your strategies which was the goal. I don't know how it will work out but change can be painful at first until you get your new strategies figured out. I'm sure Chris will appreciate hearing new strategies people get and what is out of whack. Just some thoughts from reading this.

Mhtic likes this.
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

Speaking of new players, is the functionality of POT public gardens working properly now? Sounds like reagent gardening is about to become a really popular pastime :)

20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I don’t miss going to upper tears I became very tired it was the only lfg game in town. I’ve had a lot of fun this weekend doing fresh lfg stuff aka other cps. Lots of players where like where is veritas pass or what’s superstition cannon... Best weekend I’ve had in a while. UT has a place in this game but being the only thing people wanted to do made lfg boring as hell.

the reg costs are real now for the aoes, still deciding how I feel about it... sounds like we need some arties with lrc rolls on it. Or posssibly make this a better roll on crafted gear.

Barugon and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.