Where's the pleasure anymore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dax Legend2, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax Legend2

Dax Legend2 Avatar

Sorry for my english, it's not my primary language...

I'm not someone who complain on everything and always telling changes are bad, but had to post this to empty my heart
    I have less fun to play this game,
    I play since 3 years now and I'm level 128, working hard to be in the 10% of the strongest players...
    Playing 3 to 5 hours each day
    Now I feel like a baby, everything I was able to solo is really hard or even unable to solo again...

In the last year, they add alot of things that break the balance (enchanting artifacts, able to merge artifact, socket them, 2nd ring slot...) and almost all the changes affect magic because the attunment increase (can reach almost 400 life att)
    1 year ago, I had an objective to go over 300 INT and thinking it will be hard, and with the changes they done, I can easily reach 473 INT now (including unicorn meat and accumen pot and I didn't have Elrond's best gear)

UT was the place I ran solo for grinding XP and money, done 150k to 250k gold each day there, now with the reags cost, I can't do money there and I unable to solo (the last wave) it anymore....

I'm not a fire/moon mage that use fire ring and meteor I don't use them in UT...., I'm SUN/LIFE spec,
    When I was in group, I go in Despair, really hard dungeon and fun to do in group, also ruined keep and Mysterious swamp...

I didn't make any changes in my deck and now with the cool down increase, after 1 min of spell casting, I cannot cast any spells, slot stay empty few to several seconds because all glyphs are in cooldown.... Have to add useless spells to be able to cast non-stop.

They reduce the duration of aoe (but I didn't use them)
    They reduce the undead vulnerability to sun and life
    They increase the reags cost
    They increase cooldown of some spells
    They change the attenuation 2M to 5M, it's more harder to follow hardcore player, before, doing my 2M take me 25-30 min and got a 35-40 min break to do real life things and be able to follow hardcore player, now, impossible, have to play non-stop, not sure someone reach the attenuation... Mabye only a group of players like Mac...

They do this to put back balance...
    Why in the last year you do things that increase the power of magic and now you just tell mages they are too strong??

It's like tell me "man, your 3 years of play and work to become a strong mage, now, you're too strong, so we change the game and you lost 1 year of work"...

I think they plan to do this and it's why they remove on the forum the right to announce real money trades....

I'ved spen like 10 000$ in 3 years and now I just think how I can sell my account and my POT and move to another MMO
    Had 4 subscribing account to got 3600 COTO and stuffs each months, now I stopped them because my lack of pleasure to play...

Mabye I have to take a pause and try back sota in few months to see if I can get pleasure again....

I still stay 1 week or 2 to see if I can get pleasure with all the changes, but for now, just thinking to play bored me...

2. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

Personally I dont mind the nerfs, but the breaks I've had were a must for me. I had taken 3-4 breaks since i play this game, each time I came back I was anxious to play once I get home from work.

Try using wands with LRC and also don't use yhe warlock chain. Should make it worthwhile.

UT is still the best place/fun for me.. I really hate control points. Lol

Have a good one Dax!

FrostII likes this.
  3. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Well said...
    It is sad when the ability to be excellent is the real nerf target.
    I hope this 'balancing' to make everyone equal stops before more avatars quit.
    I love this game but I hate being regulated into a 'norm'.

It is not fun to work for years only to be kicked again by the nerf hammer.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  4. eli

eli Avatar

Well, for me, it is not fun to work for years, periodt.

I think a lot more potential new players would rather fill a role in a group a few times per week than to work alone daily...

Sea Bear and Drilikath like this.
  5. Dax Legend2

Dax Legend2 Avatar

I'm a MMO player, not a solo one
    I'm not the people trying to find the best way or exploit to play a game, as I telled, I didn't use ROF and Meteor in UT, the "EXPLOIT" of casting some AOE and just kite and heal... I cast in front of ennemies and get hurt by them and use LIFE spec to heal myself more than the hit I got...
    In my mind, mages didn't wear heavy armor nor shield, I'm in full cloth and a staff or dual wands, and in a group in UT, i'm in front and tank (only because I down them fast) ennemies
    Yes my banish was strong enough to almost one shot the skeletons and lichs from the 19st wave of UT (before the change) but is not an exploit.

I prefer to play with friends, not solo, but as my guildies didn't play as much than me, I play 50% of the time solo, and it's at this time I grind for gold and XP
    Almost every night, before I left fot the night I LFG to help others in UT or even any other scene... I think alot of peoples can confirm that...

Rada Torment, Xiones, K1000 and 3 others like this.
  6. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

This is not group play. you just said you try to stay top 10%

Girlsname likes this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

And how can he not be in the top 10% and still group play? He doesn't always play with the same group, but is always playing, the rare times I see him playing solo is if there is no close to ready UT groups, or all the UT groups are already 6+ people (he prefers max of 5 people groups).

As for his complaint, I can understand it. Many many MANY people in this game have been upset, main reason being that this game had been sold with a solo-able aspect, and every time people reach that point, the goal gets pushed back, Archers have been the ones to feel it the most in 2019, and how many threads went on and on about the fact? Now, Fire mages, who reign supreme since forever, are finally getting hit, but every style of mages is getting hit in the process! Fire mages are still supreme after these nerfs, but weaker mages, like a sun/life spec, or many other kinds, those are the ones who are taking a beating right now and can barely clear content that has been considered single player endgame until now.

The team has been trying to make more group content, and I appreciate that, but the fact that they are doing it all wrong, and now at the expense of solo players is sad for them, and maybe you all should see that other side to the medal. Chris has said that Episode 2 End Game would be group focused, why start changing current content instead of making the new content that will actually make both parties happy?

K1000, Mhtic and Boris Mondragon like this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think control points were meant as “full group content”.

There are a couple of problems 1. The devs designed them very poorly. 2. They left them unfix and broken, soloing them became the norm for a exceeding long time. 3. The other zones are not balanced well, t5-t10 zones needs to be bumped up in reward to satisfy the soloist or small group play. The xp reward is this game is way too in favor of the stand in one spot and mobs come to you areas.

@DaxLegend you could roll fire and solo tarturus zombie waves still. That’s where you find the 5 mill solo play currently.

Gorthyn, Elwyn, Mhtic and 3 others like this.
  10. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

before r74 moon/fire without spec and a really good gear was a think... now they nerfed all non spec fire and moon mages spec is mandatory because the duration/countdown of AOE spells.

Tailz, OzzyOsbourne, Mhtic and 3 others like this.
  11. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I have been here since Day 1. I have been nerfed as a pole arm user more times then I care. I still play. I am only Adv 116. I can not compete with anyone when it comes to XP. Best I can do is around 1.5m/hour. It is about time these other tree/skills get on par with the lower end of it, not the high end. If these changes bother you so much as the OP, please find another game that you can go and ruin, because this game is a lot more fun with balance/fair then the unbalanced overpowered skills that let individuals get 2+m/hour solo for all this time.

The OP stated about solo problem

I do not care how much you want to defend/argue. This quote right here is what I posted about. I will never accept a solo player doing these type of things. DUO is NP. but Solo it should just not be done.

12. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

As is any skill tree to be Great at it, not just good. You need specialization and 130+ skills, and all of a sudden the tree you are using becomes amazing.

Numa and Brass Knuckles like this.
  13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think the issue I have is if u have well in my case 150s and 155s as melee or non fire you can’t even get close to the aoe classes in xp per hour. I think the best I can get in a hour is 2.5 mill but I have to work extreamly hard to do it and usually after and hour of that I’m exhausted lol.

it’s not the xp I have a problem with it’s the gap in reward. It’s a hard 2 mill for me and a relative simple 5 mill for a fire mage of equal level. I know many many people playing fire right now with the intention of changing to a preferred play style after they have high levels.

the biggest recent change though effects people who are new from having any chance to catch up. The tier zones need to be sped up I think at this point.

just to be clear I’m NOT calling for fire nerfs but that some of the non aoe come to me areas be rebalanced to be somewhat more competitive. I’d also like a new uppers zone for mid level groups that can pay out 2 mill ish for the lower levels to help close the gap.

Mhtic, Boris Mondragon and Numa like this.
  14. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

And to hit on this one. Upper Tears, Tart all used for testing of Episode 2 Content. So the fact that they changed it for the what 4th time now since it was introduced shows progress. Sure when you look at it from your angle/op it would seem that they hurt you. But the fact of it really is they helped the game way more then they hurt it with this change. So many new players came into UT got more xp in a month then i did in 3+ years. But yet still can not play the character because they have no clue how to play SOTA, because all they did was sit and get XP. Not learn anything.

Mhtic likes this.
  15. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

For sure. We can not compete as Melee it is not possible on my best day. I watched the same individual for Years, doing things/getting xp that I can not even dream of. I threatened to become a fire mage for years, just to get the xp they can. I never did because I personally enjoy melee/and medically it is hard for me to target with spells. But using a Earth/Pole build I enjoy the game. Can solo 95% of content. Do I do it fast NOPE. Did I solo kill Aether Dragons to get a Aether Dragon head... Sure did. I solo killed all but the Clockworks to get heads from them. The AOE from clocky I need heals. So that one was a DUO event.

I can not take on 2 of the new zombie at once. But that good ol fire mage can still grind out all that xp.... Wish we as melee could do something similar....

privateerFox, Hornpipe, Mhtic and 4 others like this.
  16. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

No idea what tree you are talking about but I am positive it is not blades which happens to be the tree I picked and IMHO the garbage tree of melee.

Yes I have specced tactics (116) and blades (100, may dump it completely), yes I am AL 126 with Bladed combat at 160, Thrust/Double Slash/Rend/Off-Hans at 150. It all adds up to not being to get that 2mill per hour and the others complain about it being tough to get 5mill per hour? Reilly?

Maybe the other trees become “amazing” when specced and skills at 130, I can attest to one that is not so please don’t generalize. To the OP, cry me a river and try blades then realize at least you had your chance at the glory of soloing UT, others did not.

R/Boris

privateerFox, Lesni and Cordelayne like this.
  17. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yep, we suck. I'm nowhere near your level and it is disheartening to hear that even if I were, my build would still be severely lacking.

Granted, I am only AL 87, but I am lucky if I make 500K xp in an hour through grinding mobs. I don't mind the fact that blades really doesn't have good AOE (whirling blades...meh), but I do mind that my fully plated avatar might as well be wearing nothing. Plate armor really needs some improvement, because it really stinks given the high fizzle rate and total lack of damage resistance/avoidance. Make Plate Great Again! #MPGA!

Mhtic, Numa and Boris Mondragon like this.
  18. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; only positive is that considering all the shortcomings I can still make 1mill xp per hour working the Rise solo in party mode and make a modest 700 k a week. Maybe one day @Chris will try blades out himself and see where this tree lacks. Soon as I am done with a couple of non blades skills my plan is to raise ranged from 120 to 150, get a bandit armor rare set and an Envy/Xen bow.

R/Boris

Mhtic, Numa and Cordelayne like this.
  19. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

A game where there is one (or a few) places to get good XP, and every place else is not worth it, is inherently broken.
    There shouldn't be any one place that everyone goes to in order to get millions of XP an hour, while every place else gives much much less.

20. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I guarantee if you where not speced in blades, and you tried to use them, You would do a lot less damage. That is the part I was talking about. Most the people that are talking about these issues are not specialized fire users/moon/life. whatever the argument is. Melee Has, and always will suck compared to all other tree. I have been the same skill set since I started, 150+, and yes I still suck the same as you as I stated with my 1.5m/hour at Adv 116.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.