How to Own a Home in SotA Without Spending Money (Updated Feb 2020)

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Bayard, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah Snow

Leah Snow Avatar

I subscribed on the 8th. I've unsubscribed. I may still play from time to time just to see what happens but with the costs involved .. I mean if I do the quest (78 hours?) or even get a preset village row house do I still need to buy a plot and a house? Taxes? Holy hell I am so confused, lol. Is there a bulleted list someplace? I'll say it again, I played briefly (supporter) in 2015. I don't remember the game being this confusing then. Currently, things are as clear as mud to me.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

This is way outdated. All you have to do is finish one of the Outskirts main quests and tell the main quest giver (you probably did Solace Bridge Outskirts so Captain Kinsey), "deed" once you have finished the main parts of the scene.

Boom, you've got a row lot deed. Row lots are unique as they come with a house on them. You can change the house when you aquire another one but for now you are set.

This takes 2 hours tops if you are fast, maybe 1. For a new player obviously more, but not that many more.

Now go to a player owned town (Outlander Welcome Center is south of Solace Bridge Outskirts on a hill by Soltown) and find a row house who's sign has ruinic letters on it. That means you can claim it. Double click the sign, claim the lot, and have fun!

Taxes are 250g a day. The Oracle will give you 500 a day, just tell her Test and answer correctly.

3. Leah Snow

Leah Snow Avatar

Thank you! I was looking at row houses earlier .. found several open. I looked at the little runic pillar out front, scratched my head, then went back to fishing, lol. I will attempt to finish the beginning quest line tomorrow.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello Leah. Yeah it's not too difficult as at first it might seem but nothing warns you about getting a house or deed which it should of course some place.

Some towns have lot stones instead of signs to click on. It took me like 10 minutes to get the deed but I am higher level.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

All POTs have lot stones and not signs. The deeds you get during the quest are POT deeds.

majoria70 and Jaesun like this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

The main post is outdated to a point. There is no longer a lottery to get deeds. Mainly just the outskirts questline to get a row lot and the Shroud quest for the village. And there are several POTs that have free housing programs as well

Anpu likes this.
  8. Elgarion

Good point -- @Bayard do you have time to update this thread? It's got a lot of potential for use once polished up (talk about row free deed in Outskirts and Village deed after Path of the Oracle). If not, I'm sure another guide maker can copy and paste this into an updated one, spruce it up, and I'll link to that one instead. This one should come off the link list eventually if not updated.

Numa likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This looks like a great thread: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...deed-from-completing-outskirts-quests.155817/

Bayard likes this.
  10. Elgarion

Anpu likes this.
  11. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Agree it needs to be updated. Give me a few days and I'll get it done!

Anpu, thanks you for the link. That is a FANTASTIC thread and I'll add it right at the top of mine.

Anpu and Elgarion like this.
  12. Elgarion

awesome!

13. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

What if youre a returning player and have completed / progressed through the solace bridge outskirts missions?

*edit* also can you have a row lot without a building placed to created yard space or planting?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Bayard likes this.
  14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can go back to the captain and get any rewards that were added after you did it.

you can by buying an empty row 'house" from the crown store.

Anpu, Bayard and Grimsley like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.