Lord Houseboat thoughts?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by High Baron O`Sullivan, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

The boat is cool and full of light, with a good amount of terrace/outdoor space, I like that. Can be the best Tavern ever and yes, also good for plants. But the Lord "normal" house was my favorite. So I dont know If I can say that the boat is really is better, and also probably no basement. Anyway I could not check in-game. Yesterday too many problems to log-in.

2. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I believe there will be a basement. DarkStarr mentioned waterfront property having basements. I guess you can use your imagination and pretend your houseboat basement is really just a lower deck.

Golem Dragon and Eriador like this.
  3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Cool. Anway I cannot have a houseboat. U.U

4. Sir Edreamer _MGT470

Sir Edreamer _MGT470 Avatar

*Imagines showing folks around*

ByTor, Time Lord and Maka like this.
  5. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I would really, really, really, hope that boats do NOT get basements. That would be wack.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

The boat doesn't need a basement. The can put some land or some dock there with it's own mini "dungeon" if you want stairs and put some teleporter on the boat.

7. High Baron O`Sullivan

Or the price for owning a houseboat could be forfeiting the basement/dungeon/whatever.

Sir Frank likes this.
  8. Sir Edreamer _MGT470

Sir Edreamer _MGT470 Avatar

Perhaps the Devs could create and sell a "basement" designed to look like the lower deck of a boat - perhaps including a glass bottom specifically for this purpose

Maka, Hazard, NRaas and 2 others like this.
  9. High Baron O`Sullivan

Now that Sir, is a good idea.

10. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

But I can see there being one under the lighthouse or one of the larger water castle houses...tough to see one on the boats but also difficult to penalize folks like that as whack as it would be.

O`Sullivan likes this.
  11. High Baron O`Sullivan

Aye. One could definitely understand there being a basement attached to a lighthouse. I actually have visited quite a few lighthouses in my day that had basement like structures built into the foundation. However, in all my years I have never seen a boat with one of these.
    [​IMG]

But one of these I could deal with.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Could even be instanced and be more believable then any other model in the add-on store

12. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

I like the idea of glass windows (floor or otherwise) that would view out into water. Occasional fish or sea monster swimming past. For that matter, I also like aquariums as a decoration item but that's not really relevant to the topic.

The only issue is that from the outside, you get a sense of the depth of the boat. You could get away with one deck below water. Maybe two or three on the Galleon. But five levels to the houseboat would be... Weird. Just not sure how they'd pull it off.

Maka, Time Lord and O`Sullivan like this.
  13. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Since some piece of land belongs to a waterfront property it should be possible, to have your basement with an entrance from this piece of land separated from the boat or building.
    This entrance can be a hold, some decorated stairway down into the ground or a teleporter ...

Maka and Time Lord like this.
  14. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Only problem with glass would be that the lore so far seems to indicate glass-in-lead windows are the standard, which don't work well with boat-bottoms!... ;)

And someone mentioned a teleporter for cabana's (you know, those things on stilts), so that might work for boats as well...

15. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

All the water houses already forfeit the majority of land for growing crops and herbs. Giving up basements would be a double whammy. I already think the small strip of land needs to be bigger, at least on one side of the bridge, to allow a small garden. Although, useable planters would be enough, given enough open space to grow a few stuffs. I have not seen a shot of the upper level of the lighthouse, but the other views don't show a big area.

In the typical land lot, the house is placed in the middle of the plot. On a same sized water lot, the house should be placed on the far edge, leaving a bigger land strip. I can see farming on one side of the bridge, and the entrance to the root cellar on the other half. The strip of land would only be a bit bigger than what has been shown.

I'm personally leaning back to a land lot for 2 reasons. First, I am worried that the coast areas of the cities are going to be wall to wall high rise condos. Second, having a bit of land might not seem important as everyone rushes for the best scenic waterfront lot, but as the game goes on, having the flexibility to grow some crop or herb might be important.

That being said, if I happen across a secluded lighthouse location, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist.

Kaisa, Lord ByTor, Curt and 1 other person like this.
  16. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am putting my 5 story basement under my Lord Houseboat. Don't take that possibility away!

Gabriel Nightshadow, Maka and Koldar like this.
  17. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

I think it is beautiful, perhaps my favorite structure thus far.

18. Maka

Maka Avatar

I think they are right and having a basement under a boat doesn't make a lot of sense. So anyone lucky enough to get a boat should also get a plot of land across from it with a 5 level dock warehouse instead of a basement. :)

Oh, and the top of the warehouse should be flat with roof access for parties and gardens.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

If you get a boat house ill work on it as long as i can fish off it and travel the seas! I dont think ill be able to afford one of those!

Maka and Time Lord like this.
  20. smack

smack Avatar

I think they've simply resigned to the fact that basements are only accessible via teleports. So since it's via teleportation, you can have basements anywhere, be it on your land lot (under your house) or water lot (under your island / boat).

The idea about having a lower level of the boat that exists underwater would be cool. But I would love to see an actual habitat underwater too.

Maka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.