[POLL] 5 mill skill trees solo attens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Feb 7, 2020.

?

What are the 5 mill trees

1. Life

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Water

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Moon

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Air

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. Death

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. Fire

28 vote(s)
    63.6%
  7. Sun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Earth

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. Taming

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Archery

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  11. Swords

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  12. Bludgeon

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  13. Polearms

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  14. Second point dump if you think there is only one

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  15. None can do it

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numa

Numa Avatar

Ok, i was planning to visit Ravensmoor soon but with those new undead HP levels grouping is definitely a must for me.

2. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

I see another nerf for Fire mages coming soon. lol

Numa likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

I hear they'll need this extra reagent :)

[​IMG]

4. VesperMadeMeChangeIt

VesperMadeMeChangeIt Avatar

If you are already high level then you can do a lot - anyone else, you cant.

Charon and FrostII like this.
  5. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

Thank you and I have the same concern.

Barugon likes this.
  6. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Did the poll changed? Pretty sure i saw 6 bludgeon and taming last time i checked this thing..

7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

no I have it locked once u submit it stays,
    I’ve had more than one fire mage tell me they selected non fire so they can stay off the radar. I suspect a few of those 2-3s are bogus votes.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Numa and Mishra like this.
  8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Hahahaha, tell them good luck with that!

Numa and Mishra like this.
  9. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

They must have voted for ranged

Numa and Brass Knuckles like this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

there are a few I think are bs ranged is def one of them. Taming impossible to hit 5 mill 4,3,2 etc.

back in the day bludgeon at one spot maybe but that’s been changed in 74 not possible anymore. For me anyways maybe the 140 adventure level guys can still do it but I’d need to see a video to believe it.

this poll has showed me one thing. IF leveling is important to you play FM till your satisfied then reroll to what you want to play. I suspect that option isn’t avail to anyone under 105 ish avl though and gear would be required.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Mishra likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If there are people who can attenuate solo using just ranged then I sure would like to hear how.

12. Charon

Charon Avatar

If anyone that's straight melee, less buffs and heals, says they can hit 5m per hour I'm calling BS unless I can stand there and watch them do it.

Retlaw, Mishra and Brass Knuckles like this.
  13. Numa

Numa Avatar

If @Sara Dreygon can't do it then nobody can.

14. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Can straight melee sans healing and buffs ;). Calling BS on that is fine... hard to believe. In most cases I'm an atypical outlier.

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

You can hit 5m exp solo? Mind sharing maybe a location or something so us from the lowest class of outsiders could try and attempt a run? :p

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  16. Charon

Charon Avatar

I'd love to see that. Maybe it'll give me some hope.

17. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I was bored today, so I started gathering up all the stuff in offline mode to simulate different builds and do some testing. I haven't started yet, but I'm pretty sure that there's probably a few places that a high level player could attenuate solo with death magic if they have really good gear. It's kind of dumb that the best held items for death and lots of other stuff are probably also vex and thunder branches. You shouldn't be able to do this:

[​IMG]

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Odd... I’d love to see more pure air mages, great fun to play but everything high tier shrugs off air dps.

19. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I've been playing a pure air mage for the past few releases, and I think it's pretty decent, depending on what you're trying to do. I was air/sun spec and basically just went with big focus gear and spammed lightning, toggling between spellbinder and passive stance with air shield. It was very good against the clockwork dragon and decent vs. some other dragons. Damage isn't great, but it's not terrible, and the survivability is insane. Air and Sun also don't overlap much in effectiveness and you can just swap sun damage in vs. some things like undead, trolls, aether dragon, etc, and it's not too bad. All that being said, there's nowhere you can get 5 mil xp in an hour with something like that unless you know some secret that I don't. I think the best I could do with it is something like 2.5m-3m killing warp spider cave over and over.

The build that I'm testing right now is death/chaos, but there's no reason to not use thunder branch (and/or vex) with it, even though they're not made for death. Still get just as much death attunement and still get death ray bonus, but you also get a ton of another attunement, so it's still way better than anything crafted. Death/feedback requires a pretty big drawn deck since it burns through glyphs so fast, so air is a good supplement for it. At high level, you can add in all air damage glyphs without dying, and you get some damage from it while also stunning the crap out of everything. The extra damage is a lot more than a little bit when you get to just add in some +35 attunement stuff though...

Death/chaos is very strong, but like I was saying before, most stuff doesn't really have any place to go to that's anywhere nearly as good for xp as zombie nonsense. My first attempt (offline) at hitting 5m/h without fire was at Sanctus Spine. With an avatar that's rougly equivalent to a lvl 130 online player, I can kill kobolds indefinitely without dying, but I can't fully keep up with the spawn rate and the checkpoint control flickers and slows down. Here's a few minute sample of that:

In that particular fight, I forgot to load corpse explosion (long time since I played death), so I could have done better there. I made more attempts though, with CE and a couple other improvements, and it still wasn't enough for me to fully keep up with the spawn or hit 5m in an hour.

After a few more tries, I decided to bump my character up to god level to confirm whether or not it's even possible to hit 5m there before wasting a bunch of effort on it. I was able to keep up with the spawn and maintain continuous control of the checkpoint, and the result was a little over 5.3m per hour. That's pretty bad considering how powerful you have to be for it to even be possible. I can't think of anywhere in the game that would yield much more xp from non-undead mobs, but I'm open to suggestions.

The other thing I was going to test is rise lich room since it was being mentioned here as a possibility. I know the hp of mobs there went way up, but maybe it's still doable. Other than Elrin, all the damage there is physical, so you could do quite a bit to counter mob attacks when breaking it up. Probably a lot easier said than done though.

edit: Death/chaos is really good for warp spider too, btw, but can't test that one offline because offline bosses are nerfed and have half or less hps than online. Instead of 27k/28k hps, those only have 11k hps. That might be a possibility though. You can kill those really fast with death magic and each round is about half a million xp. It has something like a 2 minute downtime before respawn though (and poop for loot).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  20. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

@Lazlo, are you spec in chaos ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.