PoT Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Datendrache, Feb 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Let me tl;dr the above, because my exmaples are off a bit anyway.

The game has to think. POTs are the perfect place for it to do so. We change something, it thinks and changes something, we think and change something.

A POT is a canvas right now, we paint it together. It should be a sandbox instead, with rules that we work within. Once the POT is a thinking, simulating toy, you will never have an empty one again.

Numa, Mhtic, Charon and 2 others like this.
  2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I just want my City's map back and the ability to edit to add trees, street names, map icons etc that showed up when avatars look at it like others were able to in the past. I'm still VERY salty about that.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

SWTOR has an intended Plague as a yearly(?) event. I wonder if that one is studied as well. Same principles. This is how we would "grind" the plague and it was so boring I had to find something else to do, so dance I did lol:

(yes, i dance in every game i play if mechanics allow it!)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Numa likes this.
  5. Numa

Numa Avatar

Lol! I used to spend hours playing the original KOTOR single player game but never had the chance to play SWTOR. The rakghoul storyline was one of my favorites.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  6. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

You can even take Vlad's ideas to the next level.....

The PoT owner has NPC's. With an implemented conversation system, the NPC's can give out quests (ie "Bring me X", "Go kill Y", "Tell Z this information", etc). The quest rewards might be a little Xp, maybe a little gold. But more importantly, the reward can also be Faction gain within the town. Want to go a little further? Any resident with a home and an NPC with quests will offer PoT Faction rises when completing their NPC's quests.

What could faction standing in a PoT be? Good question. Maybe a 1 or 2% discount on item prices. Maybe access to some dungeons. Or maybe some other things.

7. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

I'm not sure making Pots amazing is going to solve much. It's a sunk cost for catnip as the pots are already sold and new pots are worthless without more players. The focus really needs to be on the actual gameplay.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree about not spending the time on pots atm. Sure add some here and there like let us place more items on the actual pot ground and get heritage items out of the picture and let us place lots of npcs, npc buildings, and and creatures and pets. But for the most part that can happen over time imo here and there. Where the game does not shine is in UI and missing basics.

Let the game track our progress and reward us for it. Provide the dailies, tasks, and achievement system that can be tracked. Reward us for it. And for heavens sakes let players know immediately what features and things to do the game has. Give us the timed battlegrounds with daily quests, pvp and crafting quests for special resources. Not all players want to grind for xp and what is being worked on at almost every moment of this game THE GRINDABILITY? and combat which is not all there is I assure you or at least wasn't suppose to be all there was. Provide the UI to show us what this game has the moment a player enters the game. Have the game tell them not other players that hey this game does have control points, housing, fishing, crafting, and music you can actually play solo and in group with a variety of instruments.

I'm so tired of not getting to these things. We won't die if our combat balance is not absolutely perfect well the game might if we don't get on with the show. Get the raid system in now, create timed battle grounds with quests, and pvp quests, crafting quests, fishing dailies, lots of them and add them to the areas of the game. Perhaps this starts with episode 2 if our characters cannot yet track what is happening with them. If not please add trackability somehow someway for episode 2. Control points used to be fun, not for the xp well not for me but for the challenge and then the rewards were the chests opened. So silly that those got closed down. Please open that reward up and let it only open for those on the control point quest then. Ok so once again from me.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Elrond likes this.
  9. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Maybe the old PoTs are a sunk cost but they still are getting upgrades. The Episode 2 PoTs are not sunk costs -- these are pending revenue.

Here's what people bought for Episode 2:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=55262

Specifically, this:

NOTES:
    • The cost of this reservation goes toward the total cost of the Player Owned Town. Closer to Episode 2 launch, you will be able to upgrade this reservation to the POT size of your choosing.
    So, each of the Episode 2 PoTs will require $400 apiece for converting to the lowest level, a Holdfast.

There is plenty of money for Catnip games if they can convert all 50 reservations into 50 surface PoTs. Certainly enough to cover the cost of development of the land masses, if not more. Along with the halo effect of additional upgrades, PoT deco, and associated property deeds, homes, expert crafting stations, and other related goodies that are associated with a fresh PoT.

So far I'm loving the responses to this thread, especially those that ventured off in new directions than my OP. A PoT should be fun and entertaining and it seems like there are more ideas out there to improve them. Heck, even those castle warfare plans and such could be done from PoTs. As people pointed out, this is a niche game -- the best part of being niche is being special instead of treated like a number.

Sincerely,

Engineer

10. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

$20k might pay for a month of work, it's not going to cover the development of the land mass.

11. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

The land mass should have been paid for 10x over. We all prepaid.

12. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I paid my $500 reservation fee for an overland PoT in Episode 2. Seeing the minimum sized PoT is $900, I still owe $400 to get it done. It's the only reason I've been hanging around and waiting. Going to get it and then take a loss and sell it for a ridiculously low price or maybe auction it off in a raffle... I was watching Blade Runner today and it started stating it was set around November 2019. I feel cheated... no cool replicants, no flying cars, etc. < - - - Kinda reminds of me something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.