Returning player with questions :)

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Elric Zand, Feb 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Salutations,

Left the game summer of 2018 due to new house, new job etc. (kept my subs active :cool:)
    I am back now in full force with wife and both kids :D

I have a couple of questions so thought I'd post in new player despite not being one.

1. Are my kids penalized in any way for playing content with us that they are normally too low level for? (besides missing their hits)
    2. As a four man group that will not be grinding, will we be able to clear most content eventually? dragons etc?
    3. Loot tables, have they been improved since? they are barely able to keep up in costs for buying new skills/reagents.
    4. Any dungeons that start "easy" and ramps up the deeper you go? any adventure tips in general are welcome!
    5. Are instances gone? last we played there was private, friends and public I beleive .But I can't find the options now.. I might just be blind.

thanks

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Adventure level doesnt affect your hit chance anymore. Dexterity does. Low levels can go anywhere and still hit stuff.

At level 80 youll be able to do most things with 4 people.

Loot has been improved quite a bit, especially for large monsters since 2018. If youre asking about making money, the price of crafted goods has increased along with the increase in gold earning potential tho. NPC reagents and veggies have been increased slightly.

Dungeons pretty much each have a flat difficulty. There are easy ones, hard ones, and crazy hard ones. There are low/mid level wave-battles in places tho.

Private instances exist for non-pvp adventure scenes. Towns and overworld are now multiplayer only

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The biggest penalty of doing this is that they will level out of all the good Tier 2 and 3 scenes without them being a challenge. There are a number of unique scenes in that difficulty range that are quite good. You'd be better off going down to their level for a while and working through those scenes together. Otherwise you're going to all be standing in Upper Tears before long, wondering why that's the only thing you do, having skipped 3/4 of the game.

Theleb K`aarna and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Thank you for all the answers and tips.
    With all the COTOs my wife and myself had due to keeping our subs active, I was able to upgrade our TF town deed to a TF City deed yesterday :eek: :eek:
    We only play in sessions of 1-3 hours now and then so I am not "afraid" of ending up in UT any time soon with them.

I have one more question, my son is missing the bottom dialogue options and it is pretty annoying. I can't seem to find how he managed to turn them off? :(

[​IMG]

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that little bronze triangle just below the red circle in the center of the box is a toggle to show/hide the keywords.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the compendium, in the graveyard in braemar.

Anpu, Numa and Theleb K`aarna like this.
  7. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

thanks!

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome back!

Theleb K`aarna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.