Stag related food should provide intelligent buff instead of strength and dexterity

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Chiasma, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

Stag headdress provide intelligent bonus but stag related food provide STR and DEX buff only. It would be great if stag related food can provide INT buff as we have too many STR and DEX food.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I dont disagree with this perspective.

I rely on stag food for its dex/str buff currently tho, its my favorite snack!

Id rather them just make more cooking recipes, and favor +INT/magic-related-buffs bonuses on new recipes.

3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Good feedback, moving to the Feedback Forum ;)

4. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

A stag is strong and quick, not smart. Thus they are prey and not predators. Unicorn food gives int buff.

Anpu likes this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This is one of the headscratchers with the food system that defies the established pattern with the headdresses (bear-str, wolf-dex,stag-int) when it comes to food (bear strong,wolf-dex, stag....str/dex). When they added boar food, we all held our collective breath for finally having an int food and...nope, its exactly the same as stag food, str/dex. And I do mean exactly the same.

There seems to be some sort of feeling that int food needs to be rarer, making stag food the int food would achieve this, since stags are significantly more difficult to 'bulk farm'.
    Having int food on the phoenix / unicorns / extremely rare fish at insultingly low drop rates is not a solution - we still need a "reasonably obtainable" intelligence food and have needed such for years now.

The fishing ones are just a joke - I've -never- caught some of these fish and have spent hundreds of hours fishing, and if I did catch one, I certainly wouldn't waste it on a few hours buff. Unicorns - same, I spent over an hour just trying to FIND some unicorns, which are not easy for most folks to kill, and after all that, the drop rate is bad too. Not a viable solution. The best bet seems to be the Phoenix that at least is consistently available, but talon drop rate is again - bad. If it was at least like dragon haunches and dropped everytime, it would approach viability - assuming you can solo the phoenix to feed yourself, which I'm guessing is not an option for a lot of folks.

So yes, Stag -> Int food seems like it would be the lightest weight 'fix' for this, at least until a complete revamp of cooking can happen :x

Sawtooth and Chiasma like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.