Path notes Build Number 1121 (new continent is in game with a catch)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by craftymethod, Feb 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=32989

Build Number 1121(199967)- Feb 17 4:00AM

Updates

• Fix for collision issues in Blood River Forest Pit traps.
    • Mistrendur AKA Ep2 continent now in build but only reachable through GM teleport/summon
    • Fire attunement loss now working properly for Magic Warding
    • Extra dialog for all Kobolds in the Caverns of Skrekk
    • Owl’s Head: Players will now properly unlock Guard Winslow’s name
    • Vault updates
    • Ravensmoor: Moved floating rocks to the ground and rebuilt navmesh
    • Devotional Caretakers: fixed an issue where the devotional caretakers were stating the player had been to Jaanaford even when they hadn’t
    • Fixes for store tags for rock and boulder packs
    • Aether creatures have left Novia
    • Adventuring Trainers: “Bypass conversations with merchants” can no longer be skipped with adventuring trainers unless you have a specific “training” flag that relates to that trainer.
    • Crown Shop – added fireflies vfx decos
    • Change to allow Printing Press assets to be placed as POT Deco
    • Bard’s Rest: Removed interconnection with Brittany Fort.
    • Change all crafting stations to allow POT Deco placement
    • Adjusted lights on fireflies VFX decos
    • Crown Shop – Added grass rock and boulder packs to store
    • Blood River: The two guards named “Robert Townsend” are now named “Rob Townsend” and “Bob Townsend” (and they’re cousins).
    • LOD performance work for many decorations
    • Stonefist will now correctly stun targets
    • Changed WaterWell to allow placement in Player Dungeons.
    • Belt durability increased
    • Piano: Female Avatar’s nameplate now moves to the right place when playing
    • Fixed an issue where the camera would not follow the character correctly when traveling on elevators
    • Added fancy toilet paper stand
    • Ardoris: Updated the “boy in the attic” journal and responses from The Boy and Captain Cugel, including adding compass markers.
    • Resolute: Added “bandit head” responses to Godbert’s “hello” responses that match his “help” responses.
    • Resolute: All the knights/guards now can respond to the “godbert” keyword.
    • Battle of Solace Bridge: Updated the auto-switch that opens the “magically locked” gate to better account for grandfathered characters from before the BoSB revision.
    • Added eternal pattern to cupid bow
    • 8 New NPC’s with large conversation dialogs. (Currently investigating why they aren’t showing up in the store)

-----------------
      Pity rune marking isnt a thing for the new continent, and is there ever such a thing as items only for NPC/story towns? Seeing POT only placement items constantly is quite disheartening. It would be great to see some dev love over at Elads lighthouse, Would be great if we had any amount of story npc's or an adventure scene nearby or a local industry. Seems we are are in a weird place inbetween a fully fledged story town or vibrant POT. (place is looking quite good atm considering our very limited options! great central location for those looking for a nice area!)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

Spotted some noteworthy fixes that should have significant impact on gameplay.

-Fire attunement loss now working properly for Magic Warding

-Stonefist will now correctly stun targets

Lived for a while in Elad's and I agree that it's a wasted opportunity to have a hybrid NPC town/POT environment.

Re:new continent, it's a pity that player usable boats didn't make it into the game.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Hmm, bet I can check it out in offline mode. ;)

EDIT***
    Yup, was able to get myself to the main island over there. However, there is not much to do and no way to get from one island to the next (invisible border around the whole island.)

I did see a few small docks across from the other islands, but no boats there, which I assume will be the means to travel between the islands.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So does this mean our existing NPCs will forever be mute? Our vendors, which are the ones I had intended to make talk, will never talk?

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

@Elgarion

6. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I have a raven on my lot I would love to sprinkle some magic dust on him to be able to tell anyone who interacts with it to go get lost in a flavoursome emotive way.

Would be great to have access to this dialogue system/feature without having to shell out more $$$.

If that dialogue system is only available to the fancy folk who got that humanoid automaton and otherwise need to pay for the feature would be quite a misstep IMO.

I believe its been said to not be like that but offering a cashshop version first is a bit rough?

7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Ideally, why not make us pay for a dialogue system with AUDIO? let us have deep conversations but limit the number on a lot if needed. I mean, how awesome would having a dialogue with something and hearing the spoken word? Not really ground breaking, but a great opportunity to get community talent in the mix.

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

A speaking doorknocker that greets guests would be something everyone would want. Lots of applications possible beyond automat a.

9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

By the way, after exploring what I can on the new continent, I really love how the "main island" (I'm assuming it is where we will start out when first going there) has what looks like a giant fanged snake head mountain... where you can climb on top and sort of trace with your eye the serpent outline the rest of the islands form.

It really gives a nice touch of presenting the whole area as a snake!

10. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Talking inanimate objects gets into some awesome story telling territory, haha

Paladin Michael, Numa and Cordelayne like this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't mind using Crowns to make my existing NPCs talk. I just don't want the large number we now have to suddenly be obsolete.

Talking door knockers would be great. Hell, talking anything. Why not a chair that barks at you when you sit on it? Someone might want to make that.

That's why you don't sell NPCs with dialog, you sell the dialog ability and apply it to things.

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

To visit the new landmass, you can use a teleport to friend scroll (you might see a friend on your list there).

Of note, once you have visited there, you can return there at any time with a teleport to zone scroll.

13. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

probably a programming nightmare but hey, that's what we are here for, shoot for the moon! perhaps we will get there, eventually haha

14. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

*EDITED*

Doh! @craftymethod didn't realize you beat me to it already! :D;)

15. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

great minds think alike ;)

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Damn right! :D

[​IMG]

17. Godra

Godra Avatar

so how did you get there in Offline?

craftymethod and Anpu like this.
  18. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

The current implementation of the Interactive NPCs will not work with NPCs who already have a dialogue interface (such as vendors and some pledge rewards).

There are plans to add the 1000 character conversation ability to other existing NPCs,just not implemented yet.

19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks for the clarification.

Sean Silverfoot and craftymethod like this.
  20. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

The mini brass automatons are already in game, it would be disappointing if this feature was made easily accessible on the cash shop before anything other than the larger Automaton which as you would know is basically unavailable.

That would be like the first boat being able to move would be a top tier pledge reward only then offering fancy boats in the cash shop first overlooking the feature to 90% of other boats in the game until its somewhat dated in the store.

Unless im mistaken, would just be great to see the feature accessible before the cash shop (before expanded fancy versions).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.