1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Recipe & Pattern Books/Porftolios

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by kaeshiva, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I have millions of recipes and patterns. Looted recipes. Bought recipes. Salvaged eternal patterns, salvaged regular patterns, heraldry patterns, et cetera. Now while its completely possible to just shove these in a box or bag, it would be nice to have a container, say, shaped like a book or rolodex or whatever, that could store all of these bits of paper. Functionally, this could work exactly like a box, but be limited to only recipes/patterns but allow you to exceed the 300 limit, alleviating the stress of going through many boxes/containers to find the things and finding duplicates everywhere and etc.

I'm drowning in scraps of paper.

I don't object to embellishments of this, such as being able to filter by bought, dropped, salvaged, etc. but just a single container for these item types would certainly be a nice-to-have.

Anpu and Scooby Doo like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Made a thread suggesting folios in 2017 ;) ...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/folios.96707/

We already have one... the Novia Atlas, but can't make our own. Other suggestions about them in that thread.

It also serves a lot of RP purposes, like having customers browse through sheet music in a folio, instead of asking them to look in a bag.

Cordelayne, Anpu and kaeshiva like this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Its absolutely not a new idea, but I didn't go back that far...;)
    Its STILL a good idea!

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'll repaste everything here, so people don't have to go read a closed thread.

We already have one in the game -- the Novia Atlas !

But it would be nice to be able to craft a container that would just be a folio binder where we could drop in sheets of paper, be they written sheets, recipes, sheet music, or maps.

Maybe later if scribe skills come in the game and we get visual representations of things like sheet music we could actually bind these into real books, but right now, just having a type of folio container would be great -- to carry them with us on person, or to collate them together for storage and display in a library, or to sell them as collections on a vendor.

The tooltips should tell us the number of sheets contained in the folio.

NPC vendors could probably also sell folios of related recipes, ie.
    Folio, Iron Blacksmithing

Also included some images...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Cordelayne, Anpu and kaeshiva like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

I was just in Arkah's music shop recently, where he has individual sheets of music sitting on shelves so you can try each out. Its a bit tedious to do it that way, especially since the tooltips for books and pages showing the titles load so slowly -- you have to wait for one tooltip to disappear and the other to appear and so on (it would be better if just the text changed so there was no delay when moving from book to book).

In any case, it reminded me of this topic, because it would be so much easier with a folio. Arkah or anyone else with a music shop could put samples of all his music in a folio and then put it on the desk of his music shop. Then, if a customer wanted to try the music before buying, he'd just open the folio, scroll through the list of sheet music, and it would be really easy.

Just like with books, you could have folios with different images on the cover:
    A music folio
    A patterns folio
    A recipes folio
    A maps folio (like the Novia Atlas)
    A blank folio (for everything else) etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.