1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Hair Accessories. Not new ones.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by kaeshiva, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm not asking for new hair accessories.
    I understand the difficulties/limitations in making new character art and that's not what I'm asking for.

I just want the ability to deal with this problem:

[​IMG]

I love my braids.
    Except the red baubles are the bane of my existence.
    I have conferred with several other female avatars who respond to the red baubles for the most part with varying amounts of frustration/aggravation and rage.

Sometimes, putting on certain hats (I can provide a list, if it helps), makes the unsightly red bits go away:

[​IMG]

(Although, there's OTHER hats, where it just makes you look bald. This makes me sad. Again, I can provide a list if someone wants to look into it. The new pirate headdress that was added originally did the pretty no-bauble braids but then was CHANGED and now makes you bald. Sad kitty.)

Anyway I digress.

While there are a small selection of hats that serve as an occasional workaround, what I really want, is to just be able to change the color of the hair accessory.

This is a revenue opportunity. I would absolutely go pay cotos at the new you shop JUST to make my hair match my current outfit for a particular event. At the very least, I envision a crowd of red-bauble-braid folks lining up and paying to turn them BLACK or make them match the color of their hair.

Please please, for my sanity - the hair baubles.

Or, if this is actually not possible/feasible/etc. could we just get another hairstyle option, exactly the same in every way, but with baubles in black or just make them match your hair color so they don't stand out like...like shiny red baubles?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are already npcs that have buns and ponytails with a dark scrunchy. it just needs to be made accessible to us (along with the other styles with an accessory: braids and dreadlocks, off the top of my... err.. head). the bauble holding back the norgard braids ALREADY DOES change with hair color.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I second, uh, third (?) this emotion. It's the reason I'm sporting Norgard Braids.

4. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

ooo, I thought I was the only one...it's why I have the hair style I have, cause I didn't want red hair bobbles

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

[​IMG]

*goes to find a picket sign*

6. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

I would like to see more hair styles and accessories.
    If new helms, hats, etc can be made, new hair should not be an issue.
    I have several judges wigs because they can now be dyed.
    I love that ability, and it should be extended to hair and accessories.

ThisLittleTree and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. ThisLittleTree

ThisLittleTree Avatar

I'm so happy with the design of the Ardoris Priestess Robe, and it would look flawless if it weren't contrasted by the fire truck red hair tie that is nearly impossible to ignore. I experience this annoyance with many of the outfits available, not just this one.

This compels me to either fight against my strong inclination to match and make perfect, wear all of the hoods, or break out the red dye with every outfit I wear. I'm spent on the red attire, so please please PLEASE - just make the hair ties the color of the hair itself.

I know the staff is jam-packed with many other projects, and fancy new hair styles/accessories can come later. Just this simple fix will go a long way in my personal appreciation for your hearing our voice and recognizing that the small things really are huge. I'm sure the majority, or perhaps all those in this thread would agree.

Thank you for your time and consideration!! May good days always be with you.

-Rhea

[​IMG]

kaeshiva and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Lained

Lained Avatar

Or the dyed colour of the chest piece. :)

ThisLittleTree likes this.
  9. ThisLittleTree

ThisLittleTree Avatar

Yes! That would be cool too. Whatever gets the change done faster is good for me to be honest. The bright red is killing me... At the risk of sounding completely and utterly shallow, this is a huge issue to me. Every time I see that hair-tie with the absence of a red outfit the visual stimulus makes me feel what can only be compared to as a small part of my soul dying. I’m not dramatic or anything, though.

Margaritte, Bedawyn and Alley Oop like this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Honestly I'd be happy if they just removed the baubles and made the hair appear as it does in the second pic in the opening post when you have a hat on. Clearly there's already a set of circumstances with that result, be nice if they made that the default.

Or you know, as I said, I'd totally spend the cotos at new you shop to change bauble color to match outfit for events, every time, if that were a possibility - especially since there's such a shortage of dressy/feminine hats/helmets that don't screw your hair up or make you bald.

Trinity and ThisLittleTree like this.
  11. ThisLittleTree

ThisLittleTree Avatar

YES!! I’d be overjoyed. It’s already a thing, why not make it the thing?!

kaeshiva likes this.
  12. Littleoneloot02

Littleoneloot02 Avatar

I agree to all of this!! I agree with the OP 100% Please let us pick the colour of hair accessories, and/or let us choose if there even are hair accessories on our characters at character creation.. A choice would be good. If there must be a hair accessory, please either allow us to pick the colour of the hair accessory or give us an identical hairstyle without the accessory or both!! Or allow it to be that the hair accessory is the same colour as the hair colour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.