Episode 2: POT Spreadsheet ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macnlos, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

On the 1/29 stream @atos said he was looking to put out a spreadsheet for the new PoT spaces in Episode 2 by 2/7. Couple of questions:

1) Any update on the date??

2) Where and how will you be communicating the availability of this spreadsheet?

3) Regardless of the availability of the land mass, why cannot you not publish a list of the priority of who ponied up first for these (we'd like to know where we are in the line)?

E

2. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I agree. I'd love to see at least a priority list. I'm patient, though. Maybe just a nibble of when you think it will be done.

Elgarion and Boris Mondragon like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Definitely coming in R74, the map is something Chris has been working on a LOT the past week. The process and sequence for selection will be arriving shortly after but should also be within this month. More to come and soon ;)

4. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

There are so many variables to possibly use to come up with a spread sheet for Order of Placement. My puny Viking thoughts are for those whom have a POT to transfer, use the time and date the Transfer Token was purchased. That is totally fair for that category of Gov's.

Just another thought... I was talking with the great Arkah we both agree that IF there is a town that has no activity such as no homes with no players or no NPC's basically dead, then don't place those on the over world so we don't have to look at some empty concrete pads.. Keep the Over World "clean". Create a place inside a mountain of the over world and place the dead towns inside of so they are not visible. Then once the Gov comes back and makes his POT live again, he can find a place with the Dev team for a new placement. Put a 60 day timer on a POT that goes dead and place it inside that mountain. I also think this would be good for Novia as well.. Clean it up a bit. Keep everyone active in a collective and everyone dead in a collective.

I think a dead POT sets a tone for a new player joining the game. I remember running into a dead POT wondering WHY are they no people here???

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Pifester and Numa like this.
  5. Numa

Numa Avatar

Personally, a dead POT should be represented by a ruined village on the overland map.

6. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

This!

7. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Or make it invisible until the governor logs in again, as long as people do not live in it. If people live in it they probably need it visible.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I always thought it would be cool to have different themes. Ragnarr could have viking buildings as his.

And the platforms didn't make sense to me anyway. If there's a building there, there's a building. Otherwise it is blank.

Ragnarr Lodbrok, Cordelayne and Numa like this.
  9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Now this is something that nobody said before, that is a fantastic idea Numa!

10. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi there,

I'm starting that spreadsheet today. It'll be reviewed by the team, tweaks will be made, then it'll be published. Not gonna give an exact date YET, but will be soon so folks can prepare. Won't take me long, my draft will be ready for them to review today.

I'll advertise all aspects of the selection process on the forums, discord, social media, during our streams, on the website. It will not be a secret. Even an in-game message will appear in chat.

11. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

People who will claim PoTs in the new lands will either be a) those buying a new POT or b) those transferring their EPS1 POT. I sincerely hope that the order of precedence is based on those in the first group who are bringing in new money, and in the order they paid/bought their $500 reservations.

Redhammer and that_shawn_guy like this.
  12. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

There's a topic about that here. I love the idea and it could be done really well.

Boris Mondragon and Numa like this.
  13. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I for one would NOT be in favor of this, but rather, the selection be made in the order in which all four categories were bought.

I don't think there is any 'new money' realistically from this, as these were sold starting in July of 2018.

Even if someone had a Holdfast from the $500 days of 2014, to get to Hamlet, they are paying way cheaper prices to get there than the old way. You can upgrade in crowns, and crowns is where the 'new money' is.

Sean Silverfoot and Alley Oop like this.
  14. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Greetings and well met...I think we can all agree that the new land mass offers prime locations for new Player Owned Towns. The selection process may be best served by waiting to see what they have in mind. I purchased the New POT token and am glad we are getting a chance to place them...Honestly I expected that the placement order would be for those that purchased a new POT token based on the payment date, then transfers of nested or transfers of overland again based on the date of token purchase...how else should this work? Thanks @Elgarion for keeping the community in the loop on this...

Ragnarr Lodbrok likes this.
  15. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Well, since some POT owners purchased transfer tokens over 18 months ago it would seem that they should have first crack at moving and then those who purchased a new POT based on purchase date. Or... combine the two lists and go buy purchase date - movement token or new town notwithstanding. And, I agree with the "Thanks @Elgarion for keeping the community in the loop on this..."

16. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Transfers should be lower down the list than new pot purchases . Existing pots have already had time in game whereas newly purchased ones haven't. Place in order of purchase obviously.

Redhammer likes this.
  17. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

I find no fairness in this.
    I have a POT that has been nestled since the Tokens came out two years ago. I to have been waiting patiently to be placed on the over world. I have been an active Gov for two years now. Why not allow the active Gov's to be on the higher part of the list? I have put in my time and money well more than the $500 you spent for a new town for Episode 2.

18. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Because your town is in game and has been utilized in ep1, which is what the town was originally for. I don't have a pot, BTW, just saying what I feel is the most unbiased way of doing it.

Redhammer likes this.
  19. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

People who purchased/reserved a POT spot for EPS2 did it 18+ months ago as well. It seems that the new lands will have at max 150 overland POT spots. 50 for the new owners. 50 for the EPS1 overland owners to transfer. 50 for the EPS1 nested owners to upgrade to overland access. My point with the original post is to ask for the clarification. For me personally, I just want to know where I rank. 18+ months later, $500 spent, $400+ more to be spent...

Redhammer likes this.
  20. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    Elgarion,will all of the new land mass be available at once. I thought I had heard during one of the streams that "The first of the new lands will be available shortly". It is quite possible I remember this wrong so lets all wait until it is confirmed. If it is only part do we get to pick our spot anyway and then we can wait until all the areas are open?

I echo the comments I am seeing all over the forums about how you are keeping us informed. Great job.

Redhammer and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.