1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Give abandoned/empty POT's a ruined village look on the Overland Map

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Anpu, Feb 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Totally stealing this from @Numa but this was a GREAT idea, and really should be a Wishlist item.

For the Player Owned Town's that are not getting any (or too few) visitors, give them the appearance of a ruined village on the Overland Map.

Perhaps a POT that has not had any visitors at all in 20(?) days, or has less than 10 visitors in 20(?) days then get's the ruined village look on the Overland Map.

This would, at a glance, let players know which POT's seem to be active at least (from a New Player Prospective).

2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

What would be even more interesting is if once that POT did get that "Abandonned" designation if there was some kind of way there could be "squatters" or people able to place rent-free houses or something.

Anpu and Numa like this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

4. Alleine Dragonfyre

It would have to be truly squalid though. No victorian village houses or anything. Perhaps like @Numa showed in illustration, decayed but claimable lots where one can place maybe just one chest and live roofless decayed, bug-ridden, bat infested structures that let the elements in. True ghettos.

Violet Ronso and Anpu like this.
  5. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Why not just kick inactive PoTs while you're at it?

I admire the thought but it's not a good idea. Let's make all items in the game that aren't used, 'dim', 'dingy' and 'marked' for no consumption.

How about giving people a reason to login and make PoT's great and un-abandoned!

Cyin likes this.
  6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I paid thousands of dollars for my ghost town to be the way it is, permanently, and on the map forever.
    A permanent part of the world we helped create.

7. CICI

CICI Avatar

inactive overland Player Owned Town!
    Turns in to a Nested Town if gov does not log in for 12 m0's
    Repack into the game account if gov does not log in for 24 m0's
    an I'm sure the dev's can look at account info to do this for old towns that just been abandoned/empty forever
    and if some of the accounts have more then one town offer coto buy back for them or even town upgrade

The game needs a TOS for Player Owned Town!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Violet Ronso likes this.
  8. Alleine Dragonfyre

I think really, if the Governor comes online they'd have the ability to demolish the ghettos and immediately exile the squatters.

9. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Too late for that on existing lands. Turn the screws on the new lands but leave the old alone.

Cyin likes this.
  10. Alleine Dragonfyre

I daresay a lot of interesting and creative stuff happens in the ghettos ;) That's how gentrification happens. I do not agree that overland ghettos should be made nested.

11. CICI

CICI Avatar

Nope gov Haven't login for 2 years they not going to play lol

allow to charge the tos at any time!

Violet Ronso likes this.
  12. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

They can change the TOS whenever but this idea of kicking inactive PoTs is a waste of time. Make the game great so that there won't be inactive PoTs. Take your torches in the proper direction.

Fister Magee, Cyin and Tailz like this.
  13. CICI

CICI Avatar

it will make the game feel/look less dead lol
    like deeds have a timer till unclaimed pot's need the same thing

14. redfish

redfish Avatar

Never mind this is not friendly to POT governors/stewards (and I'm one who has an empty POT because I've been taking a whule getting things set up, not that I've abandoned anything), it's also not new player friendly. New players want to visit ruins. And when they enter a hex with a ruin, they expect to see a ruin.

The only players this helps are those that have been around and know what the devs have done. This is a problem with way too much in the game so far. Old players keep asking for things that make things less intuitive and more difficult for new players. (Hint: new players like immersion)

POTs on the map should ideally look as they are when you enter them. Right now, if you don't have people living there, you see empty lots foundations on the map. If you don't even have any lots placed, you shouldn't even see these lot foundations, because its misleading to players passing by on the overland. You should just see empty wilderness. Players will see empty wilderness and not even bother looking in

What you see should always be what you get.

As far as POTs being considered "abandoned" this should be partly a function of either the governor or steward logging in, same as it is for housing where the owner just need to log in to keep his lot. Not a function of visitors. How this should be handled, I don't know, but I think showing ruins when there aren't ruins is a bad idea.

Aside from that, I don't see a problem with immersive ideas for giving hints to players about town activity.

I've suggested putting footprints in the game before. The previous suggestion was about temporary tracks trailing you in things like sandy or snowy environments, like in Poekmon games. See thread here. But I think it would be cool if when a town was well visited, there would be tracks in the ground near the town entrance. Tracks from feet, horses, carts, etc.

This would only help when you entered, yes, but it would be cool. Though the town tooltip could have a note saying the town looks well visited (I think saying it looks abandoned on the other hand would be a bad idea)

Honestly, though, instead of expecting players to randomly visit towns, I hope the devs put in a real notice board system where players can advertise shops, guilds, events, jobs. Town-wide, and then notices could be propagated regionally or worldwide. Then, people would be drawn to towns through advertisements, and random visits would be more pointless.

Vladamir Begemot, Cyin, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  15. Numa

Numa Avatar

Throwing one more thing into the (boiling) pot. Once a dead POT is represented by ruins on the overland map, let the monsters in.

So this would be an incentive for passersby to drop in, kill a few mobs and just maybe claim a lot and stay for a while. Then eventually the (overland) ruins will become a town again.

Of course this might tempt a few governors of active towns to make them inactive for a while to intentionally make this very thing happen :)

16. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Intriguing but how about leaving POTs alone. There are so many other things that need attention.

Cyin, Drilikath, Tailz and 2 others like this.
  17. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Why limit this to just dead POTs?

Some of us want fauna with our flora... oh right, they don't want player owned adventure scenes.

Alleine Dragonfyre and Numa like this.
  18. Numa

Numa Avatar

Hey, I'd like this too for the POT i live in but the topic was about dead POTS. If it was me, I'd give the governors the choice to toggle on the adventure scene mode for their towns for player-run events or special occasions.

Would like nothing better than to stand on the second floor balcony of our inn and snipe away all day at the monsters wandering about on the street below.

Alleine Dragonfyre and Anpu like this.
  19. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and Anpu
    I would not base the change on visitors to a town, I would base it on active residents. If a town has a few residents that are active you should leave it alone. I know the is one town that was bought and only the Governor lives there. They do not want company. Plus there are a lot of nested towns that get no visitors only the people who live there. I agree with @Numa that overworld towns should be changed to ruins if they are truly a ghost town and if they are nested then who cares no one sees them anyway.

One not for @redfish. There was a great idea that never made to where it needed to be and that was the Billboard you could place at the entrance to your town. The problem was that only the Governor and maybe the residents could place post on it. It would be great if these could be opened up so everyone could place a post on a public Billboard. Then we could advertise anything anywhere. The Governor could set a timer for how long a post could be shown.

Numa likes this.
  20. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Anyone in this thread that does not own a POT, should not say a word. You did not spend $0 money for said Item, so you get 0 say. Having said that, it is really annoying that ALL of these people want to tell someone what they can and can not do with what they purchased. Stop trying to control other people stuff. If a guy wants an empty pot, or not log in, they have the right. When they log back in EVERYTHING should be as it was. They own the damn land.

Many people have Waited/will wait a whole nother year for "Ep 2" again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.