Episode 2: POT Spreadsheet ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macnlos, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So you can teleport to Mistrendur in the current live release. @Elgarion had a community of the Avatar stream where people could request to be teleported there. Similar to Tartarus, once there you can teleport to zone to get back there. You show up on the island where the serpent head is. At least of patch 1121, there were no ferries to go between the islands. I have seen devs port people to the other islands for them to explore. So to explore at least the first island, it is a matter of having a friend who has been there already.

Numa likes this.
  2. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

As of yesterday's patch there are boats to each island. But no ferry TO the island.

3. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

This might be the most fair and would negate any arguments over who is more deserving.

I bought a new POT and emotionally I want to be in the first group because I missed out on the town purchase the first go around. While I don't agree the transfers deserve precedence over new towns simply because they have skin in the game, I totally understand feeling like you've paid your dues. Nested transfers probably feel they should go first because they've had to suffer as a nested town all this time.

So let's just go with first in, first out.

4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The new landmass is available to roam currently, but only for that purpose. Kind of a sneak peak for people to see what it'll look like, but also for town owners or soon-to-be town owners to have a chance to see it so they can pick their locations more accurately.

Picking locations will all be based on purchase order, "whoever committed to living there first, second, etc." More to come on this Friday's Update. I hope to have the guidelines formalized with the team and get it published as our spotlight item for this week.

5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Cant wait to see how many docks will be placed on that Isle of Bones for us pirates to assemble the biggest fleet in Novia. Yarrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May the gods help you once ships sail and battle on the Novian seas. R/Boris/El Pirata

6. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

If you have an existing town to be transferred from a nestled location in Novia that is going to the new over world , will our POT's have to be torn down and emptied? or are they moved as is? I'm sure this was discussed at one point.

Are there any other criteria towns must meet? I was told by Sarah Dworken (ex Dev) My town did not have to be upgraded in order to be placed on the over world of Ep 2.

Just checking.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

My guess is move as is. They move POTs all the time without tearing anything down.

Ragnarr Lodbrok likes this.
  8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Only town name changes and biome changes require the town to be reset. All good ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.