Re: bard music.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by craftymethod, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Will the music played be a flash back to 80's mono music like the current sheet music implementation or will we be entering the current century with proper music?

And how is all this going to sound if people can get 3 songs playing at the same time?

I wonder if any of the songs can be used to make an animal or moster move somewhere or attack something? Maybe force things out of combat temporarily?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    FrostII likes this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

What do you mean by 80s mono music versus proper music? Its playing from instruments thats while its sheet music :D

Though an instrument that played PC Speaker tones would be funny.

3. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

You telling me current in game instruments sound more like real instruments over PC tones?

xD

4. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Have the first song be a beat , the second a having track and the third a riff line. Mix and match for some awesome tunes. Ie, some drums, then some recorders then a vocal track singing 'bravely bold sir Robin' or something.

craftymethod likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It would be great if they get /sync working with it.

Lily Byrd likes this.
  6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Question though. Would other folks music affects override each other. I know the current instrument affects from fleet flute and such can override each other in groups. So if i play one of the bard things can someone else with higher skills will it cancel mine out or not. Just curious as to how in a group if you have more than one bard it will cancel each other out. And if one is using Harp of Invigoration or whatever on a group will the bard songs cancel those out as well.

7. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Damn trying to think what it going to sound like when everyone starts playing Slayer's "Raining Blood",

Anpu and Numa like this.
  8. Numa

Numa Avatar

For me the ability for several bards to synchronise their music and power up their bard spells should be dependent on the ff. things:

1. It should be a specific musical sheet obtainable through a quest

2. There should be scores for each type of instrument like lutes, flutes, harps etc

3. For the maximum effect, each bard should be playing a different instrument with the associated score.

You shouldn't be able to cheese your way through by simply having the maximum number of bards playing the same instrument and the score over and over for every mob encounter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.