Plate armor vs Chainmail, first one really needs love

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Antrax Artek, Feb 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I do fine in full plate. Max resist 94% so if resistance was 500 and I took a hit of 500, I'd only take 30 damage? Add in all the hits I parry, dodge, glance, etc. and I regen faster than that. I could probably go AFK against an aether dragon and not die at 500/94%. In PVP I'd be nigh unkillable and I'm hard to kill even now and that's without healing. Plate is fine.

Antrax brought up the point but fails to mention that even currently in plate, it takes quite a while to kill him even if multiple players are attacking him and that's with him in full plate and having a relatively low advl. 1v1 his defense is solid in plate as is. I don't think any changes are needed. He does fine with it. I do fine with it. We'd do worse in chain.

2. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

My point is the fact that i can get almost the same DR as plate wearing chainmail, number one reason for which i use plate is that i don't have a good chainmail set and need to farm to craft it. :)

We have different playstyles, for you probably the plate is still the best option for the little extra Max DR since u don't use any magic, but i would opt soon for a chainmail if it stays like that.
    Also both of us have heavy armor spec, if you check DR stat of plate set even against bandit gear (that has 40-50% weapon damage based on upgrade) on someone without heavy spec you will see the DR difference is really minimal.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Cordelayne, Numa and Sturg like this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

This is the difference between a full plate set without DR mw and a bandit set without DR mw
    [​IMG]

This is in order, Full plate armor, Full chainmail armor, full leather armor, bandit set.
    All the 3 first armors are bought from the blacksmith, no materials, enchant or masterwork.

[​IMG]

P.S. Not everyone run with heavy armor spec and people without it are pretty squishy vs physical dmg even in full plate with all defensives on.

Cordelayne and Sturg like this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

But you also mention often, as do Mac and Antrax, that Bow users take you down before you even think about running. Wouldn't extra resistance help with this? Bring the absorption down, but bring the resistance up, find a sweet spot, and there we go!

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. ZODROT

ZODROT Avatar

Plate is useless right now! believe it or not , compared to chain mail, even with heavy spec.

6. Numa

Numa Avatar

Simply for reference.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.