Can we have the ability to have endless Quest Resets on QA ONLY

Discussion in 'QA Feedback Archive' started by Anpu, Feb 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Wanted to ask for this (for when you will be adding new quests, as well as checking current ones).

The reason I am asking for this, is some quests are set to so that they can be done in various ways, and involve multiple different series of sequences to complete them.

Currently every player can use them only one time and that is it. And some players have already used them.

Allowing this option ONLY ON QA, would allow me to try a quest multiple times, doing various sequences to see if there might be a specific sequence that might not be finishing correctly.

For example:

I am going to go test the Gather 10 pieces of sunless cloth quest in the Sunless Barrens.

My main character Anpu still has 1 quest reset available to them. This character has already finished this quest, so I cannot do it again. I use my one time quest rest and then proceed to the Sunless Barrens and go test this quest.

This quest has 2 different ways to finish the quest, and 4 different sequences to approach it. I can speak to the prisoner and collect sunless cloth and return it to them. I can speak to the Ebon Dawn and collect sunless cloth and return it to them. And I can speak to both and collect sunless cloth and return it to one of them. And I can speak to both and collect sunless cloth and return it to the other one.This has 4 different sequences to finish this quest.

Since I only have 1 quest reset available to me, I can only check 1 sequence of this quest and that is it. I am completely prevented from testing the other 3 sequences of this quest. I can only test another sequence if you do a new copy of live onto QA. Then I have my one quest reset available to use again. And then I can still only check 1 more sequence.

If we had the ability for infinite quest rests ONLY ON QA, I can do a quest rest and then I can run in and test one sequence and finish it. Do another quest reset and test another sequence and finish it, and then do another quest rest and test another sequence and finish it. We can't do this currently.

I have no idea how difficult that would be to add ONLY TO QA, so this is just a suggestion. If that would take considerable amount of development time to implement, then just forget it. :)

Thanks!

Elgarion, Fister Magee, Numa and 3 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the suggestion! Added as issue #66470

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.