Universal Orb needs to be removed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Dec 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I like hanging out in Solace outskirts grinding for mats and talking to new players. Give them some crafted light gear and see if they have any questions. I also make sure to tell them about the SOTA streamers and how that is a great place to learn anything they want about the game. I don't see anyone using the hospitaller title often though. It does seem to come up often as a loading tip to look for them.

Proteus Tempest likes this.
  2. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

3 years later and you still cant chat in this game? At some point you need to stop tweaking bad design elements and start scrapping it entirely. Whoever thought not letting people chat was a good thing was wrong, own up and fix it.

3. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

This game would need substantially more people playing for there to be a concern about global spam messages. Gold farmers spamming global chat would actually be a POSITIVE sign.

4. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

BUMP.

Agreed! Universal chat should of been a given. Don't forget to put your Hospitallers title when helping new players...

Alleine Dragonfyre and Numa like this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I agree a noob chat for sure would be good, as well maybe a limiter to number of posts per X time in it to help curb spam. With mods now around they can block the offenders and perhaps have the system track how many times someone gets blocked to automate perma blocks and or keep increasing the blocked time for each offence?

Geaux and Echondas like this.
  6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

This.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Or perhaps quest for it to earn it. Something that distinguishes real players. I don't agree that it should necessarily be purchased but it wasn't even given automatically with a subscription or a purchase. It has been poorly set up and represented. If it is an earned privilege in a good way that gives points. Being able to report a post can be abused but if that were possible in a good way. How do other games handle spammers? We really don't have in game chat spam ATM that I see. Will that change if it is free to everyone? We shall see I'm sure.

8. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Awesome idea, and a pinned chatbox flag should be created for any new player that explains you need to do the quest to speak in Universal, until they complete the quest!

Alleine Dragonfyre and Lily Byrd like this.
  9. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

The game population is too small and spread too thin for universal chat not to be open to everyone. Give it to everyone and default new players to Universal when they start. That way I might see more than twitch ads in universal and newbies might get answers to their questions they currently spit out into local.
    I can see why they did it like they did and if the population ever jumps , it may make sense to go back to how it is now.

10. Numa

Numa Avatar

Spammers as a rule spread like maggots in ingame channels where a lot of players congregate. We don't have a lot of players currently so spammers aren't a problem.

I do think that we should concentrate on increasing the player population first before even worrying about virtual spam. We need to get our priorities right.

Alleine Dragonfyre and Sentinel2 like this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This really should be like the pot row lot deed per account (they already have the function for that), and just give 1 per account for the first outskirts area finished.

12. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

Recently a random player asked me about Universal Chat and the orb.
    I have to admit I was surprised that they had to ask and they didn't have a orb.
    I though the orb was a free thing they got at the start.

We have to support the new players. I'm happy to answer any question sent to me (often a whisper from players I don't know lol) but all players should be able to just throw the question out at everyone that's on.

Quick easy info should not be a privilege.

Side thought: After you make universal chat simply universal. So we don't need the orbs.
    Please make the existing orbs a deco item so we get some more rare's for the early game. Lmao:D

13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

In ESO we have something sorta like Universal chat. Sorta. I think it's more zone related. And people are able to use it without much hassle. It's come in handy when i began learning that game. I believe it would help SOTA a great deal to just give everyone an Orb. It may help encourage people to stay if they can talk and ask questions.

UPDATE. Further thinking about this. If they abuse it, a dev can just take the orb away. Or maybe someone with a GM potion?

Xandra7, Anpu and Numa like this.
  14. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Or the ORB deactivates for cooldown per X many lines of chat until you are a certain level

Xandra7 and Sentinel2 like this.
  15. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

That would be awesome as a deco item...

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

17. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Hmm, not sure if I like this, and not sure why I dislike it! :D A good thing I guess! :) Just not sure where I'd place this useless object, hopefully it looks cool.

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m happy with this change, but now we will see what that does. I feel in general it’s very good for the game as a whole.

I do hope at least they do have people monitoring chat in all time zones. Just in case something bad does start to happen.....

FrostII likes this.
  19. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

The game should probably teach/ point players to universal chat or something?

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I agree !

They don't have enough people to write/fix code AND monitor chat (which would be 24/7).

Absolutely !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.