1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Daily Escalating Quests

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by VesperMadeMeChangeIt, Feb 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VesperMadeMeChangeIt

VesperMadeMeChangeIt Avatar

One thing I have enjoyed in other games, is that there are very simple daily quests that reward players for completing them each day.

We have some daily quests already; but an interface that tracked these and marked if you did them and THEN gave you a multiplier to the gold/xp you receive if you completed them X amount of days in a row.

This would give an incentive for some to login on a daily basis to complete these quests in order to keep their multipliers going.

Anpu, Numa, Lord Aventine and 5 others like this.
  2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

That's one of the things I really like about ESO. I do at least a couple of the crafting daily quests. Focusing upon them as I level up my character. I also like their daily rewards a lot better than SOTA's. Every day something different which is nice. I especially like their double XP scrolls. They last a couple hours and are worth logging in to pick up. Especially at the higher levels. I finally reached Level 34 as a Nord Warden wielding Ice/Frost Magic for attack. And the healing abilities are awesome being a Warden.

I figure SOTA will get there sooner or later ;-)

Numa likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You just might not know this @TaiKee Vetrae but the game actually DOES tell you when a daily quest is available.

You will need to have done the quest the first time, then afterwards these will be marked on the overland map as blue markers. Some do require an item in your inventory for them to show up, and some don't.

For example the daily Get Dragon Tooth at Ulfheim. Once you have completed this one time, every day this marker:

[​IMG]

Will show up on the map, telling you you can do this quest now today.

Another example is the Retrieve a Rune Bag daily quest. You will need to do this quest one time (go here to start it), and then you can do this daily.

When you have a Boundless Forest Rune Bag quest item in your inventory (you can have 1 of these on you at a time), this marker is shown and you can turn in this quest for the day for it:

[​IMG]

Sulaene Moon and Fister Magee like this.
  4. VesperMadeMeChangeIt

Thanks Anpu, I'll just run around the map each day.

Anpu and Fister Magee like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was just mentioning this in case you weren’t aware of it.

Is there some additional ways you want to be notified that these are available every day?

6. VesperMadeMeChangeIt

I wasn't aware of this at all no.

I was thinking something REALLY out to lunch, like appearing in the quest journal. :eek:;):p

Sentinel2, Cordelayne and Anpu like this.
  7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Neither was I. And I've been here since R1 :)

Now the problem is, how do I know what else is around. ESO (for example) makes it very easy to find quests in your area. And I've only been playing that game for the last couple months!

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Actually, the thread is titled " Daily Escalating Quests "
    Here's the OP:
    It seems to me that @TaiKee Vetrae is asking for daily quests that give more reward every day if you don't skip a day. As seen above, she says she is aware of daily quests.

I think the confusion is that you are thinking she's not aware of the quest markers because she says "an interface that tracked these and marked if you did them", but she went on with "and THEN gave you a multiplier to the gold/xp you receive if you completed them X amount of days in a row."

But you're right, my post was off-topic, but I was curious about the rewards given from the quests you listed.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Sorry, I guess I missed that point @FrostII ! :oops:

Currently (most) of the daily quests give barely any to little XP, however the amount of time/effort to do them is barely (if any effort). For the most part, they are basically not worth the time to do any of them (I still do a few of them, just because... what the hell, it's at least something different to do....). The arcane catalyst and dragon tooth obviously are more XP but a lot more difficult, depending.

Let's say a person does these 3 quests daily.
    1: Approximately (including scene loads and running the overworld or using a scroll, these are actual numbers) how long would these 3 daily quests take ?
    2: What are the rewards for each ?

I've never gone through and specifically timed just doing 3 a day but I CAN give you actual numbers for one of them:

Boundless Forest Rune Bag
    Everyone uses Teleport to Zone scrolls, time to go here, meaningless.
    Run around and kill barbarians until Boundless Forest Rune Bag drops. This takes approximately 1:48 to 10:12 minutes (I've actually documented this, these are actual numbers). Note this is with my characters abilities, which are over 80+ and I'm not even AL 100 yet (lol).
    Leave scene and go to Yew which is right next door, load scene, and speak to Pendro: About 2-3 minutes
    Reward: 8000 XP

Worth it? Probably not. That IS however 8000 CRAFTING XP.... but whatever, could get more in Elysium or Etceter Craig Mines spending the same amount of time (and gaining resources).

I DO like TaiKee's idea of them getting more and more as you do them though.

Depending on HOW high this goes up if you keep doing them daily, people would probably start doing these?

But really, how much XP should you be given for 1:48 minutes (best case RNG bag drop rate) of the players time? 8000, 10,000, 20,000 100,000?

If anything, do that for the Extortion, Runebag and Letter quests. Since those are the 3 lowest XP ones.

The dragon tooth, and arcane catalyst I don't know about yet. They do give considerably more XP. I don't know if people find those 2 worth the time.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    FrostII likes this.
  12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Been here since Release 1 as well and also never heard of this feature.

Googling 'Shroud of the Avatar Daily Quests' doesnt produce much of a return to indicate that this feature exists either.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.