1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

The Grand Bazaar (Universal Vendor Search)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Kabalyero Kidd, Feb 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Man2

Old Man2 Avatar

Only town search, not universal.

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Why not ? Why not universal search, @Cristiano Kimberlin

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Senash Kasigal and StarLife like this.
  3. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

Agree. I can't see a justifiable reason not to have this universal. If something is worth doing do it properly not half baked.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Absolutely, @StarLife - and I'm still waiting to hear why Christiano doesn't want one .

5. CICI

CICI Avatar

Make sure to tell Atos that we all want this in game and maybe he will do it ASAP :):D:p

Redhammer, StarLife and FrostII like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

YES PLEASE.... ANYONE WHO CAN DO HIS STREAM AND TELL HIM IN THE CHAT.
    :);):eek:

7. Nick

Nick Avatar

Yes yes and yes! I go into crafter's town, thinking to buy something. I see lots of vendors....too many, and I decided I should recall home and make more books......

Maybe we can place a unique item on a random vendor and in a random town. And just ask atos to find it. He might get the idea what we are going through.

Redhammer, Dhanas, Skye Azure and 6 others like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yes, but he can't cheat....

Dhanas, Skye Azure, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  9. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

Love this suggestion.

Dhanas, kaeshiva and FrostII like this.
  10. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

The universal or town search should include stacks and stack size for sale. If I need 1000 iron ingots I dont want to waste time going to a vendor with 10.

Ostvel, Dollar Bill and Anpu like this.
  11. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Or we place the Item 3 times with very very different prices and laugh at him when he bought the most expensive item. 10 times more expensive than the average price. :p

Nick likes this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

This.

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

14. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

I disagree, and think that a global price for goods is a good thing. Those that wish to list items for "their own prices" will still be able to, but it may or may not sell right away or at all.
    It's sad to say, but it's the truth; Far too many people try to take advantage of newer players coming into the game. Having vendors/POT's located in and/or around newbie towns and buying COTO's/valuable crafting resources for stupidly predatory prices knowing full well what the actual value is of said items.

Cyin, Gravidy and Skye Azure like this.
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

There is somewhere a very very very long thread regarding this topic where everything has been said.

16. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

It may also encourage more players into less populated towns. As it is now there are half a dozen or so major trading towns. Most people frequent them because of their high vendor density and therefore more chance of finding what they are after. A global search would allow players in list in their own (residential towns), which are less visited and have their ware come up in the global search. Where the prices are competitive this would attract players into those (non major trading ) towns to purchase items. If it were me I might also have a little peek at what other vendors have on offer while there. How can this not be a win all round?

Skye Azure, FrostII and Roxefeller like this.
  17. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Very much in support of the Grand Bazaar. I think it's a great idea from which both veterans and new players alike can benefit. Also really like the idea of not eliminating travel to the actual vendor by marking where you need to go to pick your item up after purchasing it. The Grand Bazaar can only help the game as a whole. In no way will it hurt it or the players. The ONLY people this would affect negatively, are the ones that aim to take advantage of those who don't know any better ... which is a good thing.

Cyin, Dollar Bill, Skye Azure and 2 others like this.
  18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Well said, @Roxefeller .
    I agree completely...... ;)

Skye Azure and Roxefeller like this.
  19. CICI

CICI Avatar

20. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I recently tried to help a new player who had his heart set on a particular telethon reward (to use as a pattern) find one for sale.
    Three of us spent close to four hours (12 hrs cumulative) walking around, checking vendor, after vendor, after vendor. We messaged a lot of people to ask if they knew of any or had this item for sale.
    After a while, we reported that we'd seen about 5 of these for sale, with prices ranging from 60k to over a million (for the same item).

I think that Kimberlin's approach is fine - he did have this item available (I went straight there and checked, because I know he has everything) , for about 200k, and if I had been shopping for myself, I probably would have just bought it to save myself the hassle. You pay a premium for convenience and availability - two things which are sorely lacking with our current market system.

However, if we had a universal search? We could have found that 60k item in a few minutes instead of hours, we could have realized that this was as cheap as it got and not spent more time looking for something that wasn't there. Over time, prices normalize - the low cost point items get snatched up, and the ridiciulously overpriced (ie, the guy who wanted a million) sits there not selling.

Yes, convenience and availability will hurt players who have built trading empires, who have advertised, who have worked hard to become cornerstones of the market. But it would help everyone else participate in the market, save hours/weeks/days of fruitless clicking/loadscreening, and keep people from getting ripped off by way overpriced stuff, etc. Overall, I think bringing a global market will be better for the majority of the game population. I have every confidence that dedicated, full-time traders will still find ways to create appeal and remain relevant even with a search system in place.

Vaiden Luro, ErikRulez, Cyin and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.