INK: would be nice if the NPCs didn't have their owners name under theirs

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Kind of breaks character, doesn't it?

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I agree, but be sure there is SOME way to identify the NPC's owner in case problems arise with the dialog or quest! I suppose this is circumvented because the NPC can only be placed by certain people in certain places (like owned lots, and POT's)?

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Correct.

4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I would have to agree, my NPC's basically exist on their own merit in a RP sense, if the owner text was quite smaller that would be good, better yet have the detail displayed in the context menu?

#NPClivesmatter
    #NPCrights

5. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Ive basically assumed my Conversational NPC's are residents of this Story town and thus members of a default town npc guild called "Keepers of the Light".

They have assumed responsibilities which are to help Elad (a dev placed NPC) maintain the Lighthouse which is prominent in this town.

Having that text where the owners text is and having it say a group or guilds name would really help sell their affiliation to said group/guild in regard to overall presentation.

Possible to have that field as custom? or maybe assigning them to a owners guild?

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

This is a whole bigger problem in the game.

You write a book to tie into a quest you write around a Jacob the Farmer NPC, "Jacob's Personal Diary", and it has the line "By Vladimir Begemot" in the tooltip.

Or a "Love Letter from Jacob to Ann", but its "By Vladimir Begemot."

Or you write a similar quest book of ancient lore "Centuries-Old, Long-Forgotten Ancient Grimoire", and not surprisingly "By Vladimir Begemot."

You hide a sword of necromancy belonging to an ancient lich in a crypt chest on the 10th level of a dungeon, and it says "Crafted by Vladimir Begemot."

Numa, Anpu, Colin Storm and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.