1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Play Release 75 Now! Universal Broadcast Orb Transformed! Land Rush Q&A Livestream!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Avatar’s Update #370: Play Release 75 Now! Universal Broadcast Orb Transformed! Land Rush Q&A Livestream Today at 4pm CDT!

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=121916

Thanks for all the help getting the notes together -- you guys rock!!!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Elrond, gtesser, By Tor and 9 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

add toilet paper holder to the stuff that was patched into 74 that had not previously been announced.

address somehow the kitchen sink that WAS announced to be patched into 74 but dropped off the face of the earth.

deepened

this is a BOOK pattern not a HOOK pattern and is on booksellers as a result of
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...reviewed-missing-pattern-fishing-book.154934/

Aeryk, Jay Nord and Anpu like this.
  3. Elgarion

Good stuff, on it as usual Alley -- I'll start making edits to this tomorrow. Keep those suggestions rollin' in folks ;)

I realized I didn't put in anything about the Universal Orb changes coming, that'll get added tomorrow as well.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

This is what I see when I take your link, @Elgarion
    Taking any of the topic links get's me a Page not found

[​IMG]

Lord Stein likes this.
  5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

If you're making corrections, capitalize Shank in Crooked shank.

6. Smelly2

Smelly2 Avatar

@FrostII if you scroll down you can see the topics for each of the appendix items at the top.

Also @Elgarion @Chris it looks like this is just the completion of the combat changes that started in R74 is that correct? If I am not mistaken the Banish changes as well as the attunement adjustment to damage dealing spells and the focus increase for banish was all adjusted in R74 correct? R75 is going to bring the adjustments to the duel artifacts is what it looks like from this document... is that correct?

Dhanas likes this.
  7. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Nicely done, in addition to the above, I only noticed the following:
    • Fireflies (Blue, Green, Orance and Yellow) > Orange
    • Be part of shaping the next great MMO by becoming a Crowfall Backer! Crowfall is the first and only online Throne War game. You can win. Join intense PvP battles The "You can win" sentence seems odd on it's own like that.

Elgarion and Numa like this.
  8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Is it supposed to be:

Crowfall is the first and only online Throne War game you can win.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  9. Elgarion

It’s because it takes you to a page that’s not published yet. It’ll be published on Friday. Thanks for checking though. I tested all the links already at our end. I’ll also try to perfect how I present the draft notes each time. Maybe I’ll leave’em out next time but its nice to have a second set of eyes on those too for spelling etc.

Just peeking in with the phone. This was a good quick one to answer. Keep those suggestions coming guys. Really appreciate it. :) Should be a fun day tomorrow!

FrostII likes this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

So... the only release notes we get will be the weekly update? I mean, it was already pretty much a duplicate, but it won't even be posted the day of the release? /boggle

I love the Gustball uniforms. You should really consider a Wellness symbol version through the Meretz app.

Is Mistrendur just the three islands that form the Serpent Archipelago, or has that name been abandoned? What about Atos' Atoll and the Chaos Isles?

After "Ink NPC Conversationalists", you should probably include the link to the Ink tutorial that is in the in-game Crown Shop descriptions.

In the Lord of the Isle Bundle section, you can remove the "to be revealed later" text from the home. We've seen it! You should also add a link to the Festival of the Avatar, so those interested can get information about the event.

Finally, and I know this is Chris' thing, but you should really evaluate what you are getting by advertising for Crowfall and Pantheon. Neither of their sites even have SotA mentioned in the last six months, and they post their updates just like we do. Just saying.

11. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

What's the difference between the Magic Printing Press and the Standard Printing Press?

12. Nick

Nick Avatar

Its able to copy a number of books a week without using blank books. Basically, you get to save roughly 10 gold a week if you use Magic Printing Press.

13. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

>"Cross-Continent Galleons" that will be available in R75 across the three overworld maps.

Are these visible in scene or Overworld only?

As a spokeperson for residents of Elads Lighthouse, our great harbour adorned with the greatest of lighthouses we offer an excellent harbour for Galleons to make port and receive supplies of lumber to ship to these far away locations. We also have an abundance of fresh water from the Lake and waterfall!

Boris Mondragon and FrostII like this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The new continent added should probably specify it is still work in progress.

Boris Mondragon and FrostII like this.
  15. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

16. Elgarion

• Capt Hook called and wanted his hook pattern back. Ah well.
    • Checking up on Kitchen sink, maybe a box didn't get checked. Maybe I messed up on that old update mentioning it.
    • Deepened fixed.
    • shank is now Shank
    • more comments like "were patched in during R74 or went live for R75:" were added
    • Orange fixed
    It's ornate and as mentioned also makes X free books per X timeframe. The midras one does that PLUS can do a unique book cover pattern. The standard looks plain and requires blank books every time.

If that didn't include in-scene versions of the galleons, that would be good a good feedback forum item for any of those locations affected that actually have a shoreline in the scene.

I'm continuing to refine the concept of the weekly update. I'm still not entirely settled on my right formula, but each week I do one, its getting easier and more streamlined.

There were 3 versions of the update (4 if you count the google doc draft) that require unique effort to format and edit. It was extremely time cumbersome. Combining the play instructions and the draft release was one time saving step. I assure you, you want us saving time on this stuff so we can dive in stronger elsewhere. The final edited version of the update will release 1 day after the release goes live. This also allows us to fix any major issues in-game that occur hopefully by the time of the official announcement. Expect official weekly/release updates to come only on Fridays, albeit on Wednesday (before release, not non-release weeks) I will put out to social media, Discord and the forums the availability of the draft notes for those who want a sneak peek of what's gone live on the day of (and to help me edit).

Currently, if someone does their dye and heraldry accordingly, they can make their uniforms a wellness version, but cool idea to eventually have additional uniform types. I'd put that on the wishlist forums.

So far, the only officially decided upon name I know of is Mistrendur.

We featured the links to inky during the main update for that system introduction a while back, and they've been added to the resource lists also (and sotahelp). There is also now a forum and discord room for Inky lovers :) We love that inky!

Revealed comment removed, thanks!

Aye, as for cross promotion stuff, likely that should be looked at soon. Good input

17. Elgarion

Also... I added Dirt Path Pavers to the new store items ;)

18. Elgarion

fancy kitchen sink never did make it in, adding to notes, will patch in during R75.

19. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I'll add this suggestion on the R75 notes, but a "Conversationalist Upgrade" to the Player Owned Vendor and various other Player Owned NPC character might be a good idea.

Also, having varying script size and paying for capacity increase up to massive conversation lists might be good. The default on the "Conversationalist NPC" package should be quite generous compared to what the initial upgrade of a different NPC is, but still should have upgrades offered to massive conversations, up to the maximum logical limit of the engine elements. (This would be in both keyword cap and character cap. Most players would hit keyword cap first.)

Lord Aventine likes this.
  20. Elgarion

Good suggestions, please put those in the feedback forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.