1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Summon tree

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by thesometimeslurker, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Why not have a tree dedicated to the nonundead summons?

Make it to where it focuses on having more than one elemental pet (daemons, phoenix, and wisp included), and while it would make the elementals stronger, it would not be the same level as the taming tree does.

Instead, make it so the playstyle with elemental pets is adapting to each situation, utilizing the strengths of each magic school's elemental and being able to swap them out when necessary. Utilize their unique abilities in tandem with each other and what not.

That way players are able to "generalize" with the specialization, and truly become a summoner instead of just one.

Please note that I'm using "elemental" as a generic term for all summoned pets.

Summon Familiar: Unlocks Summon Phoenix/Wisp. Summoning Specialization increases their overall effectiveness (Health, Damage done, Resistances).

Unlocks: Train Summoned Pet Resistance and Pact Magic at level 20.

Trained Summoned Pet Resistance: Basically same as the Focus tree variant, except that skill would be moved over to this one.

Unlocks: Summon Lesser Elementals, Train Summoned Pet Damage, Train Summoned Pet Health at level 40

Pact Magic: Reduces the casting time of summoning elementals by ( x )% and further boosts the effectiveness of your summons based on your attunement to the appropriate school (Example: Having high attunement to Earth will increase your Earth Elemental's effectiveness greatly). This has no effect on Death Summons.

Unlocks: Cursed Mark and Elemental Totem at 40.

Summon Lesser Elementals: Unlocks access to Air, Fire, Earth, Water, and Ice Elemental summoning glyphs. Each one will be separate. The Summoning specialization increases their effectiveness.

Unlocks: Disruption at level 40, Summon Lesser Daemon at level 40, and Summon Specialization at 80.

Train Summon Pet Damage: Same as in the focus tree but moved here.

Unlocks: Summon Specialization at 80, Train Summon Pet Speed at 40.

Train Summon Pet Health: Same as in focus tree but moved here.

Unlocks: Train Summon Pet Taunt at 40.

Cursed Mark: Debuffs a target for ( x ) seconds. Friendly Summons deal increased damage to that target. The Summon specialization also adds an attunement penalty to the curse that is based on your current summon.

Summon Lesser Daemon: Same as in the Chaos Tree, but moved here. Summon Specialization increases its effectiveness greatly.

Elemental Totem: Temporarily summons a totem for ( x ) seconds. While this totem is summoned, nearby friendly summons gain ( x ) damage resistance. The Summon Specialization further increases the radius and duration of the totem. The totem does not count against your summon total, but can be destroyed by moving too far away or being hit by attacks.

Disruption: Chance to stun elementals and daemons. No effect on other types of creatures. In PvP has a low chance of banishing the enemy player's elemental instead. Summon Specialization increases the chances for the stun.

Summon Specialization: Increases the effectiveness of your summons, as well as their bonus from your magic school attunements. Also benefits some of the other skills.

Train Summon Pet Speed: Increases movement speed of your summons.

Train Summon Pet Taunt: Increases summons aggro generation.

Death Tree bonus skills:

Here are some skill ideas to add to the Death tree, since nothing in the Summon tree would benefit the Death Summons.

Corpsecrafting: Increases the health of your Death Summons by ( x ). Increases their resistance to physical and magical damage by ( x ).

Ravenous Dead: Increases the movement speed of your Death Summons by ( x ). Increases their critical damage done by ( x )%.

Desecration Aura: Shield spell. While active, your Death Summons' attacks heal you for ( x )% of their damage done and they move/attack ( x )% faster. The Death Specialization also adds a small strength bonus to your Death Summons.

Disposable Protectors: While you have a friendly Death Summon active within ( x ) of you, it will intercept ( x )% of the damage you take (Note: For balance, this would be 10% at 100, and 15% at 200).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  2. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

The problem I see with this is the focus on the elementals alone. I am an advocate of expanding on the summoning/taming/pet systems as a whole. Not just one type of summon/pet. Let alone adding a new skill tree to do it. If you're proposing a new skill tree be added, it would have to be introducing something to Summoning/Pets that isn't already there. Like the animation of crafted weapons as summons/pets.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s/suggestion-tamable-animated-sword-s.161538/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/suggestion-new-taming-innate-skill.161570/

Bayard Knock likes this.
  3. thesometimeslurker

Ah, my mistake. I was using Elementals as a sort of "catch all" term, meaning if they were to add some new lower tiered summon in the game, such as animate weapons, imps, and the like, it would more than likely be included in there.

Roxefeller and Numa like this.
  4. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Ahhh, okay then yeah. That's definitely something I can get behind. I really do want to see the summoning/taming/pet systems go a lot further.
    If you couldn't tell, I'm a strong advocate for "animate weapons" and to incorporate weapons from your inventory so that crafted weapons could be targets of the animation; making for more powerful summons that not only are strengthened via skill trees, but also take on the attributes of their targeted weapon.
    Properly crafted items are already such an integral part of endgame gearing. Finding more ways to incorporate crafter's wares into gearing decisions is good for the economy and the player choice factor.
    There's so much potential in SotA, and so many great ideas here on the wishlist forum.
    I just hate to see agendas being pushed by groups of early deep-pocketed backers that inevitably nudges ideas like these off the wayside.

Bayard Knock and Numa like this.
  5. thesometimeslurker

- Removed Focus Tether and added its effects to Pact Magic.
    - Added Elemental Totem in place of Focus Tether
    - Added Conjure Minor Swarm

The best we can do is drum up enough support for these ideas and hope the devs see them.

6. thesometimeslurker

Tbh, I'd be happy if they fixed the Train Summon passives to be worth the xp required, and made it to where the Focus Specialization buffed all summons by giving the passives a boost.

Numa likes this.
  7. thesometimeslurker

Updated the tree idea and added some love for the Death Tree summons.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  8. thesometimeslurker

To describe my idea for balancing the different pet types: I want summons to be weaker, but more readily switchable, with the lesser daemon being the strongest but also require more investment. If one elemental isn't working great, try summoning a different one quickly. For Death Summons, I wanted them to be very strong, but make it similar to current summons and take Death Magic into account. Yes, they're very strong for the amount of investment put in, but they won't hold aggro for you at all and what not. I'm also thinking about adding a passive that allows for multiple undead summons, but at the cost of their overall effectiveness.

9. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

Ohh, give me some sort of BABY TREE/ ENT (s) ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.