Pvp Que...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhunon, Feb 26, 2020.

?

Would you use the PVP Que

1. Yes.

32 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Waste of resources.

23 vote(s)
    37.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhunon

Rhunon Avatar

Pvp Que off today's stream.

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I said yes. but, I meant "maybe".

Anpu and Rhunon like this.
  3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Can't wait to run around pillars while my Nightmare melt's my opponents...

4. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

No idea, what am I queueing for?

Is it fun?
    Is it rewarding?
    Is it single or group PvP?
    Is it battle royale or 1v1 or team v team?
    What play styles does it include? Is it all combat killing or a mixture of objectives aimed at all different builds and play styles?

The list goes on.

Regards
    Spung

majoria70, Margaritte, Anpu and 5 others like this.
  5. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

For now, I believe it would be some sort of ranked arena 1v1 (which kind of excludes healers unless they face a death mage...)

The obsidian trials is already open for FFA and could also use a queue since the rewards are only rewarded when there is 5 players minimum.

Would also be great if there was a battle royale where we need to find our own weapons/spells/reagents in the arena. But that sound like a game in-and-of-itself....

I just want 2v2 and 3v3 arenas. Or, even better, some sort of competitive conquering of the world map but we cant have group bigger than 8 so that would still suck without raid party size.

Violet Ronso, majoria70 and Dhanas like this.
  6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

"Waste of resources", but of course I don't PvP and don't care:)... I like the game the way it is: PvP zones that I don't have to be forced into participating in, at anytime...

Vaiden Luro and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

If people don't pvp, it only makes sense to vote waste of resources. I voted yes and would definitely use a queue if available, but i don't like losing so id probably stop joining the queue if I felt like I was at a disadvantage. And after fighting with a few players that pvp in this game regularly, I probably wouldn't do it very much.

I want to pvp, but I'm not the type of person that will put themselves in a position to lose more than I win. I prefer feeling like I at least have a fair chance at winning a fight, and unfortunately in this game, the players that pvp now have so much more experience then I do, it makes me feel hopeless. I still have a small bit of hope that I will eventually get to a point where i feel comfortable, but im not going to hold my breath.

Boris Mondragon, Numa and SmokerKGB like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If the Queue was for a PvP fight, in an area that had all skills locked at 80, I'd probably give it a try. Just for fun.

Otherwise no.

There is no vote option for "maybe".

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Really depends what its for and how it works.
    The 'queue' system as added in Obsidian Trials just isn't fun, you spend 90% of your time stood around waiting.
    The actual trial itself, where only the overall winner gets a reward worth getting, quickly caused most people to lose interest. There's nothing in it if you can't be the ultimate victor and that pretty much makes it pointless for all but the hardest of hardcore pvpers.

If there was a pvp queue that didn't waste my time standing around for 45 minutes of the hour waiting for something to happen (IE, it can teleport me when the event starts then put me back where I was), for a pvp game that was some sort of team vs. team challenge and everyone who participates gets -something- (with higher contributors getting more, of course) then yeah, sure, I'd use it. But from what little info I've gleaned, if its winner-get-something-loser-get-nothing, people will not simply continue to show up to lose. Why should they?

Violet Ronso, TaiKee Vetrae and Prada like this.
  11. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

12. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I would not call the one in obsidian trial "queue", the 10 min waiting even if the map is empty is boring and a clearly bad design. If the queue has to be like the obsidian trial, please no focus on something else, if you are going to create a Real queue system i am all for it, since it can open possibilities for realy lot of things: Arena, Battleground, Castle defence scenario, pve hard mode contents.
    About rewards i do agree, it has to reward everyone a bit but with different prizes, maybe 2k gold for the losers but 10k for the winner and a mediallion ( those one from obsidian trial that reward the winner with cosmetic things)
    I would like to add that doing pvp you will work on a build, gear, artifacts, potion and so on, you will spend reagents, essences, potions, foods, so rewarding with cosmetic ONLY doesn't incentivize it at all and sound more like a waste of time: giving igg or cotos or resources prizes is the way to go.

13. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

There is a zone with skill capped at 100 i think they can do it even for "arena", they can do different tiers. It is just up to them if they do it in the proper way or a mess like everything else.

Violet Ronso and Boris Mondragon like this.
  14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I think a 1 to 5 ratio of loser to winner prize worth is reasonable. But if we're talking gold, there's a lot better ways to earn it than to PvP; as you point out, PvP has costs in reagents, repair, etc. so not only does it need to 'pay for itself' but it also needs to be lucrative. Making the "medallion" or equivalent ONLY accessible to 'winners' creates a scenario in which it is pointless for anyone to participate unless they're reasonably certain of winning. That excludes anyone who isn't a natural PvPer, and results in the usual 'not enough people doing it' problem.

What I'm suggesting is if there is a special pvp currency or whatever, let it be obtainable if you participate in PvP. If you kill more people, do more objectives, and generally contribute more, you get more of it, but there shouldn't be anything locked behind a "must win all the time" wall, else people will simply not show up if winning is not a possibility (which for a lot of players, it simply wont be, ever.)

I had a load of fun with the PvP in ESO; queued minigames that didn't pull me in until they were about to start, got a little bit of advancement even if I did terribly, and doing them all the time I eventually got better at it. Combine with an open world castle-siege scene that had a variety of objectives (such as scouting certain points, reinforcing/repairing walls at certain sites, and so on, while in the PvP area) let me earn pvp currency in ways that weren't just about "gang up on solo player, profit."

I'd love to see a queue system that worked similarly, i.e. doesn't zone you until it has enough people and its ready to begin.
    But its also important that the game itself be worth the time for everyone who joins it, not just the ultimate victor.

15. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I have only been able to win a PVP duel 3 times (never in a group PVP time) and that was several years ago. It was fun although at that time I did not like the ransom nor if it still was in place would I like the ransom. Because I am so poor in PVP skill and if ransom were still in place I would probably not participate even tho I would still watch and wish I could.

The PVP queue would give those who would like to try it a chance to win by providing a way for the person who may have a high adventure level but no experience in PVP to be paired with someone with close to the same lack of PVP experience. This would help one learn how to succeed and become better in PVP. I see it as similar to learning any sport or any other skill. Instead of being placed with a tennis player that has played for months or years with one who has never played or only a few times. Then the person with no experience expecting the ability to play would just somehow pop onto you and be able to hit every ball, slam a ball to the edge of the very skilled players court at just the right place and suddenly win the match over and over he would be placed with one closer to his ability. It is unlikely that the understanding and the skill would just to be granted without the understanding and practice it takes to become good at anything.

The PVP queue if properly set up would give the opportunity to anyone interested to learn and practice and win without the discouragement that would come with always feeling like there was failure.

I want to PVP and someday work my way up in skill and win. Just think maybe even win against Fzol! At least if I have a place to win against and practice in the level I am now there can be that dream for the someday win.

16. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Would be kinda cool to drop into a pitched battle with someone (randomly?). Maybe with a goal where you could try sneak to achieving another goal.

Or you could just use it as a friend match making service.

Mortal kombat sound effect to start the round comes to mind...

FIGHT.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  17. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Hmm; PvP que? ( in my native language it means PvP what?)

Though not an avid PvPer by any means, certain things need to be “fixed” first to make it worthwhile.

Start with making it worthwhile for single/group/large scale.

Single PvP - Forget ransom altogether except have 3 types of body parts you can loot (Head, Torso, Leg) and have those parts be used to craft armor/weapons to add + 5 or higher stats (Head - Intel, Torso -Str, Leg -Dec).

Group PvP - start with increasing party size from 8 to 24 or more, have it as a GM potion for each group leader. Same drops for crafting stats.

Large Scale PvP- castle siege/defense- “X” amount of castles to be taken from heavily defended NPC troops and once controlled yield triple resources from an under the castle area for 48 hours. It will reset automatically so those who hold it will have to fight not only NPC waves but other player armies trying to take it for themselves. Extra drops in form of head/torso/legs again for crafting. Give that group a title for duration (Champions of the North/South etc).

@Chris , @Ravalox , @Elgarion : chew on that idea if you want to bring meaningful PVP excitement to this game. R/Boris/El Pirata

Violet Ronso, Numa, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  18. MalykFowl2

MalykFowl2 Avatar

There is not enough pvpers on to make a queue system work in this game, I feel like I would sit around for an hour and maybe get a fight so imo waist of resources.

19. eli

eli Avatar

There's not enough pvpers because casual players who might be interested in PvP are punished when they try.

As a result, pvpers remaining are higher level, have all fought eachother a million times, and can't find a fair fight even when they try for hours and others may be trying too.

A ranked queue with fairness, rewards, and no punishment addresses all of this.

If implemented right you could do whatever pve or deco or erp you want while waiting on the queue.

20. Numa

Numa Avatar

When PvP veterans like @Adam Crow say nowadays it's very difficult to get a win even for him - that pretty much kills any interest I have in PvP.

eli likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.