1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Sounds

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Magnus Zarwaddim, Feb 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I wouldn't consider this anything other than a Quality of Life improvement, and acknowledge that the level of priority for the following request is low.

Please upgrade the sounds in-game for spells/actions. Not every sound is "bad", but many detract from the auditory experience in the game. As a positive example, I have truly enjoyed the music in the game as it fits with the theme of the world and it pleasant to listen to over long stretches of gameplay. I cannot recall who the composer was, but they did a great job for SotA. Another great example are the ambient sounds you get from the different zones. I particularly enjoy the death scenes ambient sounds - I cannot tell you how many times I heard voices in the dark of night and have turned around thinking someone is lurking behind me while I have a headset on (I'm not a monster, and don't subject my family to creepy sounds while they sleep!).

In my case, these are the spell sound effects that I find grating/annoying. I cannot lower the following sounds without lowering all spell audio effects, which detracts from my overall experience with the game. Here are some sounds I truly have trouble with:
    • Dash
    • Death Touch
    • Death Punch
    • Death Field
    There are a few others, but I think the game would benefit from an overall pass at sound effects for spells/actions.

Do you have any particular sound effects for spells/actions that you wish could be changed? If so, please list them.

Roxefeller and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The loss of the sound designers was as big of a tragedy for Shroud as the original plan for the quest system and sticking with the original UI for half a decade.

Sounds makes the game, it's well established.

majoria70 and Anpu like this.
  3. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Magnus Zarwaddim likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.