1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Play Release 75 Now! Universal Broadcast Orb Transformed! Land Rush Q&A Livestream!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Thanks @Nick Is there any physical difference? @Elgarion you mentioned a Midras press. Is that a 3rd variant? Magic, Midras and Craftable?

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

4th. There is also a Sojourner Tales Press from an earlier cross promotion.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Midras press was in reference to one of the replacement items for the Sword of Midras novel pledge reward. There isn't a craftable one, its on the vendor where you buy generic crafting stations now.

Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt. I wish I had one.

This just in! There are 4 Printing Press varieties! :p

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

5. Nick

Nick Avatar

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I have one in my library at Elad's. It adds a unique cover and illustration to the first page of the book, although it was bugged for a long time.

It was a cross promotion with Tracy Hickman's Sojourner Tales board game... which still owes us three SotA modules.

Numa and Anpu like this.
  7. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

I see Fire magic is nerfed again. Making this game very difficult for me to play and have fun.....

8. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Forgive me when I thought persistence meant what we earned we could keep: last promise broken. Port, Catnip, a man’s word is his bond. When bonds are broken no further bonds can be purchased. Camel’s back broken by 2 wands, not a straw. My wallet is closed SOTA. Goodbye.

Girlsname and Xiones like this.
  9. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

It is my most sincere hope others do not share my view about this change and continue to support the game. Chris is a good man who, in my view, tried to make an improvement which just happened to break a fundamental promise I considered unbreakable. My personal upset should not influence others. But my exit is certain, even if it takes time. I respect and support those who feel otherwise and hope they back and support this game to episode 5. I planned to do so. Better men and women should take the high road and prove me wrong. Take care all. My last post ever: to all those I enjoyed and shared this game with, I say thank you. Time for a boar hunt; not a good ending for us Baratheon’s.......

Girlsname and FrostII like this.
  10. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

a bit curious what promise you are talking about.. didnt see anything get removed or changed this release?

11. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings King Robert
    Very sorry to hear of your displeasure. I do understand though. Shall we share some mead before you go hunting? It take the sting of the boars tusk.

12. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

• Simultaneous Use of Identical Artifacts: These changes didn't quite make it for R74, but coming in with R75, expect a wide range of artifacts to no longer allow simultaneous use. For instance, your character will no longer be able to use dual wands, ankhs or even rings of the exact same variety in each hand or ring slot.
    • Simultaneous Use of Related Artifacts: Also not making it for R74, and to be pushed in sometime during R75, players should expect a variety of similar artifacts to be prohibited for simultaneous use. Examples will vary, but Rings of the Frogkin will not be allowed with Rings of the Cuttlekin, and Vexlyn Wands with Wands of Undying Embers.”
    Persistence means “firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition“

that is why I am leaving.

as for celebrating with friend as a depart, I would love to do so. The community has been great to me, and I LOVE the game. But taking what was promised would be mine is a line crossed for me. And I don’t expect it to be taken back, since I raised what I felt was my reasoned objection before, based on promises made.

Girlsname likes this.
  13. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Yeah that was mentionned before they add those enchant to those artifacts which made them great and usable more than wands and stafff, but they took 4-5 month to make the change... It should have been done at same time.

Dhanas likes this.
  14. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Persistence does not allow changes when promises prove challenging; that is the point of the word persistence.

Girlsname and Lesni like this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Artifacts didn't even exist at persistence.

Montaigne, Numa and Elwyn like this.
  16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I hate to see people leave, especially those who've been here for so long...
    What @King Robert exactly did they promise that they've now reneged on ?

17. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Bad to hear, my few coins about those changes:
    1) Didnt like it at all
    2) I dont see real any difference for average crafter between hardmaple wand and Vexlen both should be enchanted and master-crafted except on rare things like Vexlen, Xen and etc, the average crafter can compete with hardcore.
    3) About what balancing devs could talk about if we have things like enchants in crafting which are totally broken. All dmg effects on enchants should be att dependent, it would give rebirth of hybrid type builds, and will need rebalance again. May be make it first ?
    4) I dont know about double legendary Vexlyn but if we talk about 1 rare+1 legendary its not the best choice already. Leg Embers+ leg Vexlyn is better from my point of view.
    5) Afraid of smth is too powerful, try to make balancing fun. Double lich rings broke balance ? Give Elven mages banish undead spell. Smth like 500 dmg per banish into 400+ att necro will balance it.
    6) @Chris All changes you make should increase the way number we can play the game, not decrease. Its should be one of the base ideas. Want to balance fire ? Make tick of all spells in fire few 0.1 seconds more. BTW 0.1 if it is from 1.3 to 1.4 its 7+% of damage. I think that the fewer tics we have the better performance we have too. So its win-win type of balance.
    7) Ok if its final decision about arts, then Atos pls push Mythical type of arts as fast as possible, then double leg Vexlyn owners would be able to upgrade and still benefit from their legendary arts. But legendary-mythical should give more than rare- legendary, smth like +50 att and +20 int to the mythical Vexlyn.

P.S. Generally if all stacks with all, then it far better for player fun and perception. I hope sometime we would come to this.
    P.S.S. There is a problem with Gaia and Frozen tears, its to easy to obtain and too powerful. Let make them wand type mastercraft possible too but balance their drop rates, decrease durability, and make socketed legendary like +40 not 60+.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Lesni likes this.
  18. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@King Robert Thank you for all instances over these years I have been privileged to know you and do business at times with you. Hopefully you change your mind . If you do not I do understand what your are saying and how the line was crossed. Take care and relish everyday of life in all you do.

19. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

@Elgarion Will we also be getting the published patch notes on the forum and not just on the website?

20. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yup, it'll be a link to the website post however. I haven't gotten to the part of the day where I spam. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.