Bard skills in Prod?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GMDavros, Feb 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Just curious since i don't see all of the updates and such, but are bard skill supposed to be in production? Just logged in, patched, and there they are. Along with many of the issues posted in the test forum.

No problems really, just curious.

Fenris

Adam Crow likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...se-75-notes-play-instructions-for-r75.162217/

The bard skill tree now has many skills available for testing on the Player Test Environment (QA) server. We're hard at work adding visual and audio effects, but players can now experiment with many of these new abilities and provide crucial feedback to the development team on the Player Test Environment (QA) forums.

For some unknown reason, they added the Bard Skill to live, which is currently causing endless confusion. But there’s your answer.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Adam Crow and Numa like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

What is the count now? :p

I think everyone who logged on and knew they could use Universal chat asked us :p!

.dao., Adam Crow and Anpu like this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

This is going to be so much fun :rolleyes:

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Well I do have a problem with this, I've seen some questionable moves in the past, but this is just ridiculous. Seriously... they put the skills into the skill tree but didn't actually put them into the game. Put a damn disclaimer at least that explains what is going on so a player doesn't log on, see the new skills and instantly ask in universal where to train the bard skills.

I read the release stuff so im not angry that they arent in yet, I get it, I know what's going on. But I am angry they are visible on the skills menu. Such a stupid decision. Really no way to try and defend this idiotic move.

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Both this and the Universal Orb being no longer required, both of these changes would have been very important to be mentioned in the daily announcement you get every time you log on. Like you said, people saw the skill tree, and kept asking where to train it. It's not the players fault, it's 100% the devs fault for doing it in such a stupid (YES, I will say STUPID) way. As for the Universal Orb, any player that has been locked out of the global chats before won't necessarily start testing it every release, so they won't know they can use it unless someone tells them.

I read the release draft, and honestly, I still don't know what happened this release, I heard stuff about gustball uniforms (not in yet), No more dual artifacts (not in yet) Bard skills (not in yet), and that was pretty much it in terms of noteable content for this release, so what happened this month? Did they all spend more time on their side projects then on this one?

Elrond likes this.
  7. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Hopefully my ABC music files will sell now. lol

Moleren and Numa like this.
  8. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, currently still on QA as it gets fleshed out more with sound effects, VFX and skill testing/fixes. Also confirmed, the Master Tactics Trainer in Desolis can train these skills, but only on QA.

.dao. and Numa like this.
  9. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Thanks @Elgarion. Why was the bard framework moved partially into production if it is still being fleshed out on QA?

Fenris

10. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Laziness.

11. Numa

Numa Avatar

Not going to touch the bard class and until after the third release of it going live. The brave souls who are going to be test driving it will be on one hell of a roller coaster ride till the class finds its footing.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does Musical Fortitude also affect the duration of artifact instrument buffs?

13. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

FYI, the Bard skills on QA can once again be trained at the Desolis Master Tactics Trainer. Still a QA only feature since it requires further testing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.