Melee Combat 1. Buffs.

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Gamician, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The thing we should try to not forget is the fact that we can learn all skills does not mean we should be able to use all skills, It is a game of descisions, and if all the buffs lasted long enough to be able to cast them all and then forget them, I mean why would we not simply use them all? You can decide, do you need this buff, or do you want to taunt once or twice extra? Imagine, some people manage to kill every single boss in this game solo, and they do it under 5 minutes. If they could simply have those buffs up for 30 minutes at a time, their kill times would probably go even lower!

I would like for stances to stop being buffs, and actual stances instead, but apart from that, there are few buffs I see that should last an eternity like many here are suggesting.

OzzyOsbourne and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

So it is your choice to keep 5 skill buffs continually. I assume if that takes 25 seconds you are charging these skills. If having them fully charged and on continually is what you want to do, then i suggest you unlock them, stack, use mind lock, then you stack them in the cool downs of other skills. Cast them when you need them.
    That is the flexibility of the deck system, you are choosing to charge them, which has the down side of you only being able to auto attack (not even that if you are a mage) for skills you want to use often and are short duration.
    Many times for short duration buffs like fortify defence I make the choice to for go some defence for DPS and just use it in the single form, which means i can have it on a slot with other things I choose to not have the power more than 1 and spam them as they arrive. For me this is fortify defence, evasion, douse, and soothing rain (again does not seem worth the time to charge it for the duration it has, as it is additional healing for me not something i continually need).

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    OzzyOsbourne and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

ESO has no fizzle when I'm wearing heavy armor.

Just saying ;-)

Cordelayne and Violet Ronso like this.
  4. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

No I am not stacking them... Hell if I did I would never be attacking anything!

FrostII likes this.
  5. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Managing buffs as it is currently is part of the game. Build better decks, include short buffs in your combat deck, map your decks to hot keys, swap between them. Build a deck with buffs that has attacks so you can dps while rebuffing. It's not that hard.
    Split duration buffs are there for a reason too. If you have purify in your combat deck you get a reactionary timed bonus. Make choices, find what works. The culture of complaining for changes in this game is getting old. Figure out what works and learn to be better.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  6. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

If you made these 1 hour long you might as well remove the skill completely and just add them as base stats.

OzzyOsbourne, Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. aragorn lancermane

aragorn lancermane Avatar

And..... this is the main reason why we have NOT gotten new players to stay... or even gotten the game to spread by "word of mouth"

Seriously folks.... you are for the most part fighting to keep this game "unique" and "uo-esque" or even simply being sheep by stating "designed as intended" at the cost of what?
    1. How long has this game been on launch? How many players have we sustained? How many of you are looking at the end goal of this game and making it successful? To be honest, most are being selfish by wanting this game to be what "YOU" want it to be and not what most other players would want to try out.
    2. In my post in this thread, how many of you are serious tanks in this game? How many of you know how long it takes to work each skill to make it manageable? How many of you know how much time and resources it takes to get the armor needed? How many of you have felt how many times you need to repair your gear from hours of tanking? How many of you actually know what a "tank" really is much less play one?

I agree with your idea of making the buffs actual stances or maybe even combining them into one stance... however you mentioning not being able to use the skills that we have put time into actually means what?
    • From what you state, that means the time we put into the skills are wasted... we shouldn't be able to use them right? Put points into it for attenuation, but nah, you won't need or use it.... we have all these skills and work them .... just to use 1 or 2 spells out of that entire tree?
    1. Again..... "some people that do manage to kill every single boss in this game solo has ALL done ONE THING in common..... pour time.... mind numbing play in acquiring experience. Put all that time and effort into this game with NO LIMITS and this is the end result. Not having adventure level caps have killed this game, not the unlimited skill cap. This game is what it is.... a grind for both Adventure level and skill points. If they put that time into it, they deserve it. Is it right? For them yes it is. If you support the no Adventure skill cap, then you have no right to complain. They put the time in, they earned it. If they can do it and you can't, and it does not affect you, then why bother with it? Jealousy?
    Again, this is why we do NOT have a large player base to interact with. You enjoy the game the way it is? Good for you! I truly am happy you like it. But if you think we will attract more people to play this game by keeping the combat system the way it is, you are sadly mistaken. You state to figure out what works for you and learn to be better. Cool- I get that. I've done that. But answer me this.... have we been able to get more people to try this game and CONSISTENTLY STAY playing with us?... ... ... Why yes... I believe that to be crickets I hear...

The deck system... seriously? Yes it has its uses.... but if you want to "optimize" dps and taking down a boss, point for point, is it going to be better than 5 or 6 stacking? Oh but I can "combine" skills...... then good! you can "combine" skills but if you and your group have a goal to drop a boss and you are not doing your part to be the best you can be, then that's on you. How many visiting players come in and say "Oh man..... I'm going to stay in this game because of the deck system!! Hoozah!!" No.... most new players get confused with the deck system and just play with a locked glyphs. That becomes strike 1 for new players.

This is a feedback thread, but seriously... Defaming someone's input or feedback because it DOES NOT suite YOUR play-style? That's rich. What constitutes you being an expert on the topic enough to make their input less valuable than yours? Yes I can be a facetious a-hole and a half but I will tell people what they need to hear and not what they want to hear.

In a nutshell its this-
    • There are various sides to all this bickering. Those that don't want things to change, those that do want changes, and those that have given up after trying the game and try another game out there/go back to the game they came from.
    • I give the guys in Catnip credit. They are seriously trying to make the game work but if people keep whining and crying to changes they are trying to make and WE influence them to keep from making the change that will make this game better and more successful in the long run, then its OUR fault for this game being at its current state. But on that same coin, its THEIR job to know what attracts players to games and implement it here WHILE keeping the flavor and lore of the game intact.
    • There has to be give and take to make a game successful. Its knowing how to lure people to stay in a game when they visit by offering something that would peak their interest. We are failing in that badly. Why? I can give you an opinionated statement that I have seen first hand by just watching the streams or reading the forums... When they propose changes and people don't like them... it becomes all gloom and doom. In turn, Catnip needs to understand and recognize where they fall short and fix it. Take a look at other games that are ON TOP and see what they have that works for them and see if they can work it into this game WITHOUT ruining the integrity of the lore.
    • Catnip is spread way too thin and are focused too much of listening to the masses and I can even dare say listening too much to certain players when the decisions should seriously come from them. Input is nice, but the players IMO have way to much sway in the decision making process and that is OUR fault together. If we don't like the game after the changes, then guess we have a choice to make. Stay or leave. For those that are thinking it... yes I have put a good amount of money into the game and in the kick-starter.
    Just might join ya bud... ;)

FrostII, Gamician and Cordelayne like this.
  8. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

That is because you are accusing the problem to be a flaw in the game but its clearly your deck that isnt well built. You can actively stack all these manually (unlocked glyphs) yourself while fighting and just refuse to do so. Maybe you should revise your tanking deck and stop forcing yourself to have short duration buffs on another deck.

9. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Tanking in this game is a joke. You can just run around in circles around a pillar while spamming taunt nakid(with just a chain chest).

I can succesfully tank everything in this game IN BERSERKER STANCE.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  10. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

You mean you want to dumb the game down? We all know where that leads.

11. aragorn lancermane

Will anyone be able to tank anything in zerker stance? Sure I can believe that. Can you do that and stay up for your group? Doubt it. Tanking in this game is a joke. Never denied that. Its tedious as all hell. So what is your point to my reply? You all that LEETness? Oh... had to make an adjustment and addition. If you think that tanking in the game is going melee and bashing on mobs then your entire post is moot.

There is a difference between QoL issues and dumbing the game down.

FrostII and Elrond like this.
  12. aragorn lancermane

Just realized what you just posted....... dude..... seriously...... that is not tanking...... that is KITING.....

You just proved you know nothing about tanking and trying to imply and force your view on this subject. Please revoke your tank card now.

FrostII likes this.
  13. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I've tanked Despair and fell asleep. Tanking is a joke, so much so that you are a waste of a slot because of the lack of damage.

If they do make ANY changes, they MUST be linked with specialization because then everyone will be using the buffs, not just tanks, but also fire mages and so on.

14. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

its not tedious.... you are literally spamming 1 skill, taunt... with troll belt and black shroud. Its an absolute joke.

Why bring a tank when I can so 2k crit spinning attacks in berserker stance and pull aggro WHILE doing damage?

15. aragorn lancermane

Again ... like I said.... you have no clue as to what tanking is if you think tanking is just going toe to toe with mobs. Holding aggro is just one element of tanking.
    Can you do that at a control point such as eastreach and live? No. Highly doubt that.... Could you do that and pull aggro? Sure but for how long? Not very. Again.... you do not know the finer points in being a tank if you believe all tanks do is spam taunt and run in circles.

FrostII likes this.
  16. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I do it almost everyday on stream... but we have a mage that does more damage and tanks without any tanking buffs just with meteor shower... that should give you an idea of how useless tanking is in a party.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  17. aragorn lancermane

Post a video of it. And if what you say is true, then you certainly are a reason as to why the game is at the state that it is and I understand why you want to keep it this way.... empty. You're doing nothing but proving my point.

Cordelayne and FrostII like this.
  18. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

You want to dumb down the concept of deck building. This isnt even about tanking. Tanking in this game would require HUGE changes to how the mobs work and how they path and also what they do. Increasing the duration would just unbalance all the classes (unless they are strickly linked to specialization, of which I approve). Either way, there are no mobs in this game that require any form of tanking. That is why archers are predominant in this game because they can kite and solo everything. Same as for fire mages. You cannot steal aggro from a real firemage/heavyarmor build which is stupid imho. But that is how the game is made. You can just have all your team stand on a stupid rock and have all the aggro to yourself. 1 Healing blast also makes tanking a joke. Why bother when I can just kill stuff faster than a tank can taunt?

19. aragorn lancermane

Again... you are making my point. Easily in fact. Still waiting on that video. Also:
    Basically you're cheating the system on how its intended.... even then, I'd like to see you tank Eastrach on zerker stance. Not kite.

Cordelayne and FrostII like this.
  20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Once you are pushing level 120 on your active buffs skills, most of them are lasting over 2 minutes. The ones that are low duration are fortify defenses( if not tactics spec a 5 stack last 1 minute), the stances only last 1 minute, and dash does not last long either. For that reason I keep those on my main bar as they are needed often and you do not want to be without them. The recent changes to the durations of the aoe spells has made it much harder for me to try and keep the 3 main aoes down and keep my buffs up, but I am managing. This whole thing about tanks always makes me laugh. Never had a tank that could actually keep the agro off me, but I have had players who can get the agro off me by doing lot of dps. Taunt does not seem to be as helpful to me as valiant warden is, in fact, I dont see taunt really work at all with me in the party.

I am not taking a side on the duration of buffs issue, I really do not care if the devs increase them or not. But I do not agree with this is the reason why we have low population in the game. The quest system has it part to play, the items that were suppose to be exclusive becoming available again had its part to play, changes to whats tradeable and whats not had its part to play, bad reviews in magazines by people who played for an hour and did not understand the game at all, the lack of advertising, the nerfing of things, and many other factors have all had their part to play in this.

Violet Ronso, Anpu and OzzyOsbourne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.