Just say Hello to everyone

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Xantha, Feb 29, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xantha

Xantha Avatar

Hello
    Finally , i installed Shroud of the Avatar... why ? because i saw it is free to play now and i noticed the subterfuge tree.
    I am an old Europa UO players and i play also on "private" servers. I don't need to say i love UO.
    Uo is an example of a perfect game , a shiny rough diamond.
    Can Shroud of the Avatar will reach this perfection ?
    First i have been disappointed by the character creation , i was just able to change my color eyes , my skin and my hair... why i don't know, the other features doesn't work...
    I just read there are no classes , so that could be a good thing ... maybe .
    I loved on uo, use skills people don't use a lot, like begging , i loved treasure hunting and opening chest , stealing rare items from chests and npc, looting corpses, be a pirate, be a survival savage living in the wild without buy anything on vendor, speaking with dead.
    To sum up i loved the possibility to role play and play any kind of character and interact in differents ways with people and npc .
    Hope i could found this lifestyle here

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Welcome to New Britannia! :) I hope you find your time enjoyable in this Realm.

Aeryk and FrostII like this.
  3. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

Welcome to SOTA...……….if you have any questions please let me know and I will help you as best as possible. SOTA has a great community of people from all over the world and we are always willing to help players.

Aeryk and FrostII like this.
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Remember, lots of stuff is still being fleshed out. The game is not UO, and has it's own character. Steep learning curve the first week to a month. Just remember that there are tons of people ready to give you a hand getting the handle of things. In this very forum you can find a recent post regarding the character creation problems. They will be resolved shortly!

Aeryk likes this.
  5. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

There may be a new bug in character creation. There appears to be a lag time between when the character creation slider is changed and when the model of the avatar is updated. I am not 100% sure this is new, but i did notice it when creating new characters recently.

The skill systems work similar to UO, though i would say much of the rest of the game is more modern. The skills in the subterfuge tree tend to compliment other trees, but the experimentation is part of the fun for many, so i will not add any spoilers unless you are looking for them.

Cheers and welcome!

~ The player of Aeryk and others.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that should be fixed now.

http://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1233564399903936512

Anpu and Aeryk like this.
  7. Xantha

Xantha Avatar

Thanks a lot , all, for your answers and warm welcome.

Sentinel2, Aeryk and Barugon like this.
  8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Welcome aboard @Xantha ; Several pirates dwell the Novian seas. R/Boris/El Pirata

9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'm 'Sentinel' in game. Feel free to friend me. I play at odd times inconsistently due to work. But when I'm on, I've taken people to the high end ore mines and clear the area out so they can gather. Sometimes I've taken people Mountain Troll hunting. Torc Dawl the Broken is one of my favorites to farm. Good XP too.

Although not perfect, this is a very deep game with lots to do.

Welcome!

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome to SOTA!

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the game @Xantha. I'm Majoria in game if I can ever help. Good thing about this game is that it is still being added to. So if you have ideas or comments jump right in since Devs will listen to our feedback and are committed to improving and adding things that make the game better and better. *cheers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.