New Player here, Hello and what's good to buy in Crown Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HarryQC, Feb 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryQC

HarryQC Avatar

are the weapons and armor OP God Mode:):D?
    i have 1000 crowns so far: 900 from my sub and 100 free from Steam Download....i'm going archer in-game and what bow/armor is good?

SmokerKGB likes this.
  2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Weapons and AR in the crown store are patterns only I believe.

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

COTO stuff in the crown store is just for looks.

If you want powerful stuff then sell the cotos ingame (can fill buy orders) for roughly 200g each, take the 200k gold, and spend it ingame.

Lenore and SmokerKGB like this.
  4. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

Crown Store items are only decorative, so they don't have any special combat changing stats. You're just buying new visuals for the same type of item. E.g. Crown Store Axes can be applied to player crafted / found axes, Crown Store swords to swords, Crown Store leather armor to leather armor, etc.

Lenore likes this.
  5. HarryQC

HarryQC Avatar

ok thanks everyone 4 the replies

Ragnarr Lodbrok and Lenore like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

*shrugs* I usually use indestructible gear.

7. HarryQC

HarryQC Avatar

when i click on a bow in crown store, it compares it to my starter bow.....starter 2-7dmg crown bow 7-22dmg.....why? i'm confused lol:D

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

7 - 22 is the base damage for longbows and crossbows. The starter bow is crap.

Anpu, Retlaw and Numa like this.
  9. HarryQC

HarryQC Avatar

so it does replace my starter weapon stats...yes?

Barugon likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

BTW, here's the difference between crossbows and longbows:
    • Crossbows have longer range and get more material bonus from the wood.
    • Longbows shoot slightly faster, get a little better strength bonus and receive more material bonus from the string.

Vaiden Luro and Numa like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Absolutely!

12. Numa

Numa Avatar

^What he said :)

Weapons and armor/equipment from the Crown store usually have patterns embedded within them. These are skins obtainable by salvaging the object on a crafting table to extract the skin which can be used to change the appearance of the same object type that you can make on a crafting table.

Remember, stuff that you make yourself are always more powerful than those found in the Crown store.

Barugon and HarryQC like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also imo save those crowns for lot upgrades etc. Just play the game a bit to see what kind of ideas you get later. I never sell my crowns. I use them myself. Welcome to the game @HarryQC . I am Majoria in game if I can help.

Barugon, HarryQC and Numa like this.
  14. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

If I were you, I'd purchase a membership for $9 mo, you will get 900 cotos every month AND any prizes given away during Live chats...

I sell all my cotos on my vendor for 200 gold each AND I have found others buying for same price in Adoris (you need to hunt for them), I found some in Soltown too at slightly lower prices, but 200 g seems to be market pricing...

In the coto store, check the potion list and see if you want any of those, I will purchase anything that deals with "increased carry capacity" and since I'm a gatherer, ones that deal with meticulous collecting too...

You can purchase "indestructible" tools for gathering from the store as well, learn to gather everything... Learn to craft, whatever you want to start with, all are better than game purchased armor/weapons... Once you're over a Million gold, purchase from players, some have very good items for sale, but they're expensive...

Ask the Guild members for leads to good purchases, go to POT to see what's available and check the public vendor in Adoris (seems to be the only one being stocked)...

Good Luck...

Numa likes this.
  15. HarryQC

HarryQC Avatar

read my post again:D:) i am a member....still new to game and learning....where is crown vendor in Soltown and what is POT in-game?

SmokerKGB likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not true. The prizes they give away during the livestreams are random drawings. Subscription members get 900 cotos, 3 obsidian potions and 3 unique items every month for their $9. They also get a dye bundle and unique title every three months. The unique items for March are...
    • Clover Pavers
    • Leprechaun Statue
    • Pot o’ Gold with Rainbow Effects
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    Numa and HarryQC like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi again. POT is player owned town which is the kind of free land deeds given out from doing quests. In this game these towns are mostly set up for resident convenience in mind.

Once you get a lot deed click on a vacant lot marker in any pot that has them set to claimable. Some require a whisper or mail msg to the governor of the town to become a resident of their town.

No crown vendors anymore. Player vendors sometimes sell coto aka crowns. Just advertise in the in game trade channel selling or buying cotos. Also the crown shop is in game upper right corner to buy things with your crowns.

I suggest drag out a few windows to separate conversations. Have a universe chat, trade window, and combat related. I do a 4th that is for whispers and zone chat. I have instructions for many things on the bulletin board near the entrance in Wizards Rest. I am the town manager. The Town has been in game with the same governor since 2013. It is located on the cliff behind Owlshead in Hidden Vale by the volcano. So much to learn but we are always willing to help.

18. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes, I read that after I posted, sorry...

Enter soltown at the default location, then run through town, on the left side (I think 2nd ploit) there was a vendor selling for 200 g each & buying for less depending on how many are offered, It's been a long time since I've been there....

If you run down to adoris, I come in at the N. entrance then take a gondola to conservatory, ask Oracle to be "tested" for 500 g & 1000 exp per day... then I run to the "sequana square" (where bank is), then out to all the vendor stalls for farmers, etc, just run to docks (up some stairs, over 1st bridge to Left, the 1st alley of row houses, 2 vendors on left side were sell/buying cotos...

POT is player owned towns, N. of Brittany there is supposed to be POT set up for vendor sales, I haven't checked it out yet, don't know where it is, sorry...

If you take Gallion to Kings Port (hidden vale), in Kings port come in at default, then over the bridge, turn right, had a Long Bow merchant selling variety of Bows +11, I bought mine for 22k... and I bought some recipes down another ally, you just need to run around to find vendors...

If you're ever in Braemar, come in at default, then run through town, take 1st street to right, my vendor is "Slick Willy O'Toole" 1st house on right side, I deal in chain armor mostly, some leather, but it's tough to keep up, I only play casually and refuse to be price gouged for resources, so I mine my own which takes a long time to create a set of Good Chain armor...

I'm buying Gems for 200g each and other ores, but I guess I'm not offering enough, haven't had many takers... Some woods too... Just put "scrap iron" for 3 g ea per 1000, I try to keep my buy quantities low, so new players can supply the orders, but...

Good Luck again...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  19. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Isn't there a "secret" word to say in game that qualifies you? So it's a rafle now?

So what's all this other stuff I get each month? Fine Oak book shelves, empty, half full, full... I have quite a few of those and they seem to be giving me more each month...

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This was part of the replacement for the signed book pledge item. Also, they used to have telethon stretch-goals and you would automatically get those for being a subscriber but that switched to just getting a straight three unique items each month.

SmokerKGB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.