Patch Feed in need of culling?

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Griffler, Mar 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

http://patchserver.shroudoftheavatar.com/sotalive/torrents/SotATorrentFeed.xml

Currently, at a grand total of 272 files, the feed has a large percentage of seemingly redundant/useless files as each release gets a new complete patch of ..._0_1126 as of the latest making all previous _0_ full patches unnecessary. This seems to be adding a large bandwidth leech for anyone adding this feed new, and wasted media space currently of ~840GB. *if I understand the patching process correctly*

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

The older versions of the _0_#### should not be being requested from the launcher so the "bandwidth issue" might not be a big concern.

But I agree they should remove all except the current one and maybe the previous 1 or 2 versions (in case someone needs to rollback to resolve an issue). If nothing else, it would help someone doing it manually find the most current version easier.

Those files being removed should probably be archived somewhere first though... just in case. ;)

3. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Aye, that's why I added the caveat of someone adding the feed new, without micromanagement, will download nearly 900gigs of useless patches, hence the bandwidth concerns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.