1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

More Range Weapons

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Xiones, Mar 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

As much as I love Bows and Crossbows. I wish to see some Muskets, Blunderbuss, grenades, etc etc.

We have pirates in game at Tenebris Harbor.

[​IMG]

Browncoat Jayson and Numa like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Love the wheellock guns.

"A wheellock firearm had the advantage that it can be instantly readied and fired even with one hand, in contrast to the then-common matchlock firearms, which must have a burning cord of slow match ready if the gun might be needed and demanded the operator's full attention and two hands to operate. On the other hand, wheellock mechanisms were complex to make, making them relatively costly."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheellock

[​IMG]

5. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I think guns are a little advanced technology for the game, even old loose powder types that had very slow reload times.

We do have explosive potions as of grenades. You should check them out.

Maybe we should have more such as an Incendiary Potion as well (i.e. Magical Molotov) or even a Cold Blast potions (Viable in real life) and Lightning Potions (Likely entirely fictitious) and crystal shard (i.e. an earth magic shrapnel blast) potions, Poison Gas Potions (death magic) and Confusion Gas Potions (Chaos Magic)

A skill to boost the use of thrown potions might be good as well.

Finally, as of other ranged weapons, I think throwing spears and javelin would be a good addition. I'm not sure where they would land.

Xiones likes this.
  6. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Wouldn't say Muskets are that advanced vs the Kobold weapons, but if the muskets are put into game have them do high damage but longer reload time, but do agree with potions as grenades that would be fun.

7. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

They're going to have to make gun ammunition work or nerf the above weapon's performance once it becomes functional for players.

Xiones likes this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

We'd need a thrown weapon skill, though, for any of that stuff since it wouldn't fit under the ranged skillset. Throwing knives and throwing axes would fit the same category. For things like grenades, I once suggested that when they add in more skill combos, that this could be an aspect of a rogues skillset, with something like combining an explosive potion with caltrops, to spread out shrapnel similar to how ancient Chinese grenades were filled with iron pellets to create fragmentation. If they ever build in more interaction between magic and the environment, we could also have grenades or potions that act more like flaming oil (Ultima) or Greek Fire and set things like bushes etc on fire to create traps for monsters.

For the ranged skillset the only thing I can think of besides guns is sling-type weapons.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.