Advice on working with plantingBeds and columns

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Last Trinsic Defender, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Hiya,

I stumble throughout the land over places like this one:

[​IMG]

I have been reading many articles and sites about this but didn't find any infos about this one.

I try to work with blocks and columns and to put planting beds on them but have no success so far. Is there a special trick (like the old badage-trick in UO)? Right now I can get no position to place a large planting bed on any other block except on plain earth. My lot I work on is a village-lot in a POT. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Last Trinsic Defender

No one knows anything? Is it a bug? Should it be reported then?

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Working with columns follows the same general set of principles as working with granite blocks. You need to create a support structure on both sides of whatever you're trying to elevate, whether its a block, planter, etc. There have been various guides to this over the years however the 'rules of building blocks' have also changed several times over the years and some may be out of date.. Its something that's probably easiest to show you - hit me up in game and I can walk you through it.

Anpu and Last Trinsic Defender like this.
  4. Last Trinsic Defender

Cool thanks. Yes, I've found guides who are certainly out of date and most are for vertical gardening in buildings (building-height max. 5). I will try with support structures and if I fail I will hug you ingame for help.

5. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Take two 4x4 Granite Blocks and one Small Doric Column. Place the Small Doric Column down, and put the two 4x4 Granite Blocks on each side of the Small Doric Column. Scale the 4x4 Granite Blocks to max size and scale down the Column down to where it is slightly under the Granite top. Take your Large/Medium/Small Planting bed and place it on top of the Column it should turn green and there you go, and drag the Column to move the Column/Planting bed in place where you want it. Leave the 4x4 Granite blocks in place to make more.

You can always take a look at my property in Cross Roads. and see what I have done. lol

Last Trinsic Defender likes this.
  6. Last Trinsic Defender

Yeah thanks. The post is already a bit older and I've player with it in the meantime myself. And yes - that's the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.