Tale of the Red Hat Gnomes- Part 3

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Mingo, Oct 1, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

me -- Ponders the irony of the red hat gnomes all suffering from Inclusion Body Mytosis and wasting away...

Red Hat, a linux distributor, was recently bought by IBM. The default GUI in RedHat is "Gnome".

Mingo likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

*awakens by the blinding light emitting candle and listens to the tune*

Mingo likes this.
  3. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

(author's note)--1) there was no knowledge of the Linux software "Red Hat" when this story began. 2) The cellular structure of Hamster and the other gnomes is crystalline and growth is not via the same vehicle (cell division) as fleshy beings. Gnomes are animated but not "living" beings with a vastly different physiology than humans. Inclusion Body Mitosis (or sometimes Myopathy) is a condition of muscle tissue, of which Gnomes have none. Their body structures analogous to "muscle" are more similar to springs and bi-metallic constructs which can expand or retract depending on stimuli, usually electrical. Additionally, Gnomes ARE magic beings, in the Golem line of beings. They do suffer from physiological ailments (heartburn after eating coal for example) but not in the same manner as fleshy beings.
    --Interesting conjecture however, Mishikal

4. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

(Somewhere on a pier at dawn)--Fluffed up to double his normal size, Quoth the Raven cawed "Cold !!" in complaint to his companion who sat cross legged on the planks of the pier jutting out into the bay. "Quiet bird, you'll scare the fish," the man replied.
    --"Fish stink. Rabbits better." replied Quoth. "Corn!"
    --"I'm out of corn."
    --"cold" the raven said softly before hopping onto a fold of the black wool cape which surrounded Mingo TheBard as he sat there fishing. With a fluff of his feathers, the raven sat close to the bard. "Sing" he demanded.
    --Mingo did not sing, but began humming a tune "Jill's America" from Once Upon a Time in the West."
    --"Nice" commented Quoth. "nice"

Rentier, Bodhbh Dearg and Fireangel like this.
  5. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

The lady suddenly thought of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and hummed Bless Your Beautiful Hide before she caught herself. Her small hand popped over her mouth and she blushed. "Ahem."

Rentier and Mingo like this.
  6. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

(Somewhere on a pier at dawn)--The fish dangled suspended from the line which had been drawn from the water. It was not a big fish, maybe 2 pounds. "Good enough," said Mingo to Quoth the Raven.
    --"Corn better!" the Raven protested.
    --removing the hook and placing his catch in a small creel our erstwhile fisherbard faced the rising sun. The chill of the morning hung in his air as the landbreeze blew against his back. Quoth flew up to perch on his shoulder. "I guess we'll go back now, eh Quoth? It's a bit of a walk from here..."

7. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Having finally found a little time for myself, I rematerialize in a corner of the Firelotus Inn, and look at the table, disappointed to see the tumbler with its content have disappeared...
    “Ceann amháin níos mó uisce beatha le do thoil, gan uisce, gan oighear,” I say, before catching myself... “One more whiskey please, no water, no ice!”

8. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Many whiskeys later I realize that I probably should go out and venture out in to New Brittannia, as I have been cooped up for much too long, and it seems Mingo has changed realms again for an unknown period of time... "Alas" I sigh, "It seems I may never hear the end of this story..."

9. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

--Six months had passed since Mingo TheBard disappeared from the realm of the Fire Lotus Tavern. Frida also had mysteriously disappeared, following a visit from a messanger Raven. Now Gerta posted a message on the Tavern bulletin board. Patrons perused the message as they wandered in and blinked in consternation and confusion. the message read:

"Hail and well met old comrades in song! My sojourns have interrupted my story telling I know, but I have survived...somewhat...although with loss of half a leg and an eye. I tried me hand at piracy once again at the behest of an old friend... There was some benefit however. Come ye and see me new Inn, "White Raven" in the newly discovered land of Mistrandur...Mistrendur? whatever....there be a big green island off the main island, and in the middle, towards the southern coast, the town of Meridian. Ye can't miss me inn, it be 4 stories tall with a statue of a white raven outside ....well actually it is a turkey, but as close as I could find to a raven."
    ==Perhaps Mingo will say more about the story he was telling. Perhaps he will have new tales (oh ha ha ha). Look up the new thread "Mingo's White Raven Inn" here in the Library of Fire Lotus forums....come all and join in!

10. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

"Four stories tall! My, that is a tall tale." She listened for a ticking sound. "Must be a different pirate."

Mingo likes this.
  11. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

*awaking from a drink too much*
    white raven - turkey ....whats the difference again?
    *moans and fells back asleep again*

Mingo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.