1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Episode 2 Player Owned Town Voucher Redemptions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Feb 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Ok so if I understood this right it's ok for me to pick me spot etc but wait to click finish on my town form for my new city that way I can set biomes to the location and possibly interconnections to near by towns once I get my spot confirmed?

TaiKee Vetrae likes this.
  2. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Sounds right to me. I wont complete pot form until last minutes in case (and i hope soo) new template comes up :)

Manerd likes this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It's not necessary but perhaps a good idea to submit it when you know you got the location you wanted. Let's say if your first choices were all swamp, but you got bumped and you ended up picking mountain areas. Maybe you'd want a different biome than before.

There won't be a new biome available yet by time of the land rush. Sometime in 2020 is the hope for sure.

4. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

In about 6 hours people will start the process of picking locations in the new lands... I expect some people know more about the new lands than others but from what I can see you (the first 20 people) still have limited information on what the actual marked locations will be... I was hoping by now we would have more information on each of the marked locations... I have to wait until wave 4 (March 23rd) to make my choice... Based on what we see today I have no clue which spot to take... If you go with proximity to future NPC towns or identified adventure areas you might end up with a really good spot or a really bad spot depending on what you are looking for...Example..I heard talk about a pirate zone or something...Is that a PVP zone or just a zone containing Pirates... I am a lousy PVPer but I like the idea of being close to a Pirate zone that is not PVP...Do i look at one of the places near Adventure zone 2 or maybe try to get something near a mine which would also work for me...But I can only guess at those locations also...How about just a bit more detail, maybe the nature of the zones, and which zones will be mines or even the expected levels of the zones...anything is more than we have at the moment...

Thanks,

5. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Oops, sure go ahead and add to the thread with exactly what I am looking for :) Just found the added information about the zones added after the zone maps... Thank you for adding that...Good hunting everyone!!

Skutter Luchnyk, Elgarion and Numa like this.
  6. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

@Elgarion
    I see that the adventure scenes have a small description about them along with a little scale for threat level. Can you give us an indication of what a Tier 5 zone would be on that scale? Not looking for specific numbers but Medium to High thread depends on your definition. For some a medium threat might be Tier 5. For others Medium could be T3 or T9 etc.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Redhammer likes this.
  7. Elgarion

Low would be scenes suitable for newer players or players that really haven't leveled their characters much. Medium threat, ya, that sounds around a Tier 5 or 6'ish. High probably 8'ish. Extreme Threat 10+ easily. We're leaving it a bit vague because within the scenes themselves there could be considerable variance. Sections which are higher threat than others. But yes, there'll be a wide range of difficulties so players of all level can enjoy gameplay in the new continent.

Skutter Luchnyk likes this.
  8. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Perfect, thank you.
    Knowing that Medium is considered Tier 5-6 gives us an indication for the rest.

9. Elgarion

Lots of perfectly formatted submissions coming in—thank you! Should be easy for me to process as they roll in. Starting tomorrow I’ll be processing the previous day’s intake.

Sannio and I hashed out some more workflow concepts this morning—we’re ready!

Already did a few replies :) Full status report and all replies coming in the morn!

Stay safe folks :)

Mhtic, Skutter Luchnyk and Numa like this.
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

Meanwhile....

[​IMG]

11. Rees2

Rees2 Avatar

Reading through this, other then the town name, is there any reason to submit the POT submission form with more information?. Looks like location can be picked later, interconnections, Bio, etc during the session to place the town. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something and submit the POT form right so there are no delays. Thanks!

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Once Closed it will cost you a service voucher to reopen if i remember correctly

13. Elgarion

We had a batch of submissions that allowed me to start processing the first 9 selections! I gotta wait on notifying others of their selection once the bracket expires unless the 10th person chimes in. I'll update the graphic and remove the numbers between every Bracket, but also here are the numbers thus far awarded. Grats guys!

Here's the player facing spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jctrWhm0u-A2LuAksCMyO5mbX5fcSWjUO-deL_c0ER8/edit#gid=0

Sean Silverfoot, Anpu and Mhtic like this.
  14. Elgarion

The 3 move vouchers do not come with a form unlock, only the new town ones ($500) do, since they've never had a form populated. We're just moving you over and you're keeping all your existing interconnections, name, biome etc. initially. BUT -- if you want to time some changes, get an unlock voucher and we'll unlock it for you. But yes, you can wait until after the land rush as well. Sannio will be one busy fella! ;)

Don't forget we've had a policy revision on the unlock and transfer vouchers as well to slow their roll a bit during land rush. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...t-interconnections-pot-voucher-update.162338/

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  15. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Come on number 10!!! (said number 11)

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  16. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

just thinking out loud here....waiting on someone to choose a spot seems counter productive...I expect all three choices had been taken by others? And you are waiting for three m0re choices? Might be prudent to have everyone choose say 10 locations...that might move things along :)

17. Elgarion

Someone simply hasn't picked. The bracket closes out on the 17th, and I'll reveal all remaining numbers based on what was submitted within the bracket's timeframe. Extra locations are fine (alternate 26, 27, 28 etc. if you want hehe), 3 at a minimum though please.

18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I cannot wait to see what other town spots are taken! The suspense... :)

Dara Brae selection is today. Pins and needles.

19. Numa

Numa Avatar

A new race? Did the obsidian genetic experiments spawn something I'm not familiar with? o_O

[​IMG]

20. Elgarion

Hahaha, time will tell. The Fomorian races only included trolls, elves, fauns and satyrs (and technically some Kobolds per something I learned from Scottie and the first novel). New Britannia is abundant with life of other varieties.
    Hahaa! Glad you're excited, I'll be working a lot of Land Rush stuff today. People sending submissions today might not hear back from me until tomorrow, as I close out the choices for Bracket 1. Hopefully I have time to process some of Bracket 2's intake today :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.