Question about PVP Team Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

Was visiting one in Ardoris, its quite spacious. With 2 teams (virtues and chaos) and spectators (I assume they can only observe and will not be hurt).

Yet all these years, I've never heard anyone talked about it in the forums.

Has anyone actually fought in them? Just curious why there weren't any tournaments held in them. Is there a problem with them?

Bedawyn, CICI, Aeryk and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Last time we tried it was bugged, didn't work; need to be fixed, and Yes already asked for a fix lot of time but nothing.

Aeryk, Mhtic, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Yes, the Ardoris arena seems to have been broken since before launch, really. It’s likely still near the bottom of the Jura pile.

Anpu, Nick and Dhanas like this.
  4. Nick

Nick Avatar

wow.... I feel for you guys.....

@Elgarion , can this be bumped up in Jira? I believe this deserve some love. I mean, its broken even before launch. That's pretty sad.

Aeryk, Mhtic and Numa like this.
  5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ragnarr Lodbrok, Aeryk, Mhtic and 5 others like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Avatar

@Dhanas / @Stryker Sparhawk , would one of you mind dropping a bug report? I am not sure what the problem is. Please?

7. Nick

Nick Avatar

@Mac2 are you able to get a few others and help test this as well? Seems like an awful waste if this isn't actually fixed and used.

The same tech can be used in a POT for faction battles maybe? Enter town, choose a side, then get teleported to the faction's side.

Aeryk likes this.
  8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Why isn't anyone (who knows what the bug is) willing to report it if it's so major and long lasting?

Nick likes this.
  9. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Why doesn't any Dev/Moderator just open the ticket themselves rather than wait for a player to do it when they see posts like this? I could have been confirmed and fixed by now.

Nick and Dhanas like this.
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

For the same reason neither Nick or I aren't doing it - neither of us have actual PvP experience nor firsthand experience with this particular bug.

Besides, filing the report is a sure sign of the affected player base wanting/needing to have this fixed.

Nick and Sulaene Moon like this.
  11. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I am not playing sota anymore and even if I log i don't have enough player to test it ( if I don't remember bad it needs 4/5 player ). Problem was the event didn't start btw.
    I am sorry but we already reported lot of times ago when there was enough player to test, i ll try to find the old bug report if I can.

Aeryk, Mhtic, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  12. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Why did they say it wasn't ever reported yet??

13. Nick

Nick Avatar

Thanks. :)

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this arena was introduced in release 9. to my knowledge, it never worked, but it's hard to tell: bug reports from that far back are not visible in the archive. chris tried a lesser variant when he tried to make one level of tartarus pvp, and he ended up ripping it out and just making it a seperate scene.

given that there's been more than one attempt to get it working locally for a single scene at a time over the years, i suspect that the next attempt will have to involve game-wide changes (which will allow more than just having that one arena scene work: it'd flat-out be a new faction system). that makes it an improvement rather than a bug fix; same as making practice dummies work when the owner isn't there.

Aeryk, Mhtic, Dhanas and 3 others like this.
  15. Nick

Nick Avatar

wow... release 9. I see BDF and Darkmoon in that post too.... who's no longer in use?

Well, still think there should be a bug report and get the devs to take another shot at it. If they can't fix it for one scene, can't imagine them doing game-wide changes. Thanks for the info!

Aeryk, Mhtic, majoria70 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Nick

Nick Avatar

So I finally got a buddy to get into the Arena with me. It seems to work with just 2 of us. I fought. Got killed within a min.....

My only issue is after I get killed. I can't find an Ankh to resurrect, nor can I find a way out. I could only time out and resurrect to the waiting area. Not sure if this is a bug or by design. @Elgarion, should i bug report this?

Anyone else knows what's the bug about? Its a nice scene. Would be nice if people start to use it for competitions.

CICI likes this.
  17. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Release #9??? Holy crap! I cannot even begin to digest this. 60+ releases later and we are saying that there isn't even an open ticket for it. We know that there was a ticket for it but it was closed in the mass closing of all things that was done earlier. This is just depressing to read.

Anpu and CICI like this.
  18. CICI

CICI Avatar

19. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I don't see an open ticket for that arena, yes -- I'd say create a bug report :) Be sure to use the /bug command when inside of it so they have the debug string, coords, scene name etc.

20. Nick

Nick Avatar

Thanks! Have reported. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../pvp-castle-arena-2-bugs.163506/#post-1288188

Just saw that there's a red and blue tower with 20k+ hp. Destroy each other's tower. kinda cool. Why nobody uses it????

So there's 3 issues I see. Its a 10 mins Team vs Team pvp.
    1) Die, you become ghost and you gotta time out and resurrect with death penalty etc
    2) You actually can end up with 2 vs 0 if 2 players choose the same faction
    3) You gotta wait until times up before you can leave the arena.

1 and 3 could be by design. For 1, You die, you go back weakened. Just that the timer is kinda long. For 3, you wait until competition ends. Both sounds fair enough actually. (just gotta spell out the rules)

Anyone knows of any other bugs?

@Elgarion, is it possible to nudge Chris to host a pvp event there? maybe participants get 500 cotos each. winning faction another 500 cotos each? That's for 10-30 mins of testing. Audience get a cloak for being there.
    Find the problems and fix them.

Jikininki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.