Crafted Gear Set Bonuses (Brainstorming Session)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elgarion, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Elgarion

How about a set bonus for all indestrctible gear (crown store, reward, quest, etc.)?

Numa likes this.
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

I second this idea. It's a nice little bonus, makes sense and is in no way destabilizing to the game.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I agree - Link @majoria70 ?

majoria70 likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

5. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

6. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

According to the 2020 vision at least 2 spells per tree will be added, you guys need to implement the new skills before making these new sets otherwise it will create more inbalancing to the system.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    Numa and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  7. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I was not able to read through everyone's post but if there is going to be a set bonus I recommend the Devs figure out a way for vendors to sell sets. Maybe there could be a bundle or box that crafters can put full sets in to sell on vendors. Going piece by piece is a pain.

We also have to be mindful that what ever process we come up with it can't corner the market for a few crafters.

8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Sorry, I don't agree with this: same maker, makers mark bonus... As explained earlier: you're shooting yourself in the foot by tying "same maker" to the bonus, if that player leaves the game, then all players with their equipment will suffer because they can no longer be able to find that crafter... Their gear will cycle through the loot tables for a long time after they no longer play....

If you remove the: same maker from makers mark, then you have something... This would allow "marked items" to add up to the bonus... What's important is: they all have a makers mark (although from different makers)...

What is also important is: type (fortified, epic, etc), as also stated earlier some players (don't know % of) like to mix/match, so: type needs a bonus AND makers mark needs a bonus (any makers mark)... Of course if you want a ++bonus for all same maker, makers mark to top off the set, the player can take that chance...

I've read some concerns for "agro" and was thinking down the road: plants we grow could be ground into "oils", to be used on different type cloths, to "polish" armor/weapons for temporary agro adjustments both to prevent agro (dulling agent-defensive) and to improve agro (shining agent-offensive) or to make potions to consume for the same effects and be temporary (last few rl days)...

Same thought to prevent "fizzle" (lower rate) temporary... Drink the oil...

Add sockets to all crafted armor, this alone will increase attunements and wardings effects...

Sorry, but I don't agree with "artifacts" being able to be enchanted and/or masterworked, they should be powerful out of the box and crafted items should be "as" powerful when enchanted/masterworked, just MO...

As far as I know materials give added "set" bonuses when straps for example are used when needed, but what if you added more straps when crafting the item, shouldn't that give twice the bonus? Could you add more straps later? Everything I've ever made uses some combo of items straps/bindings along with the bolts/leather/coils/plates used... Let us add "more" to get more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.