Help me decide my specs...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fister Magee, Feb 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I'm specced right now in Earth and Death magic, and wish to probably get rid of Death Spec and choose either: Tactics, Focus, or Heavy Armor Spec instead. Maybe someone has a suggestion for a different spec even?

Reason is I don't feel two specs in magic is beneficial for my style, which I heavily stick with Earth for the most part. I wear Chainmail chest and cloth mostly.

I want to keep Earth Spec because it makes my earth magic so much more useful, especially with the stun added to Stone Fist. And honestly, I can't think of a good reason to keep Death specced.

Anyone have input on the Tactics, Focus, or Heavy Armor Specs? What do you feel would be best for my build? I'm looking for input before I zap my Death spec and test out a new one.

I like the idea of less fizzle from Focus spec. I like the idea of better DA or DR from Heavy spec. And I think Tactics is great for parrying or something (Oh, I also use blades when I find creatures that are immune to magic/Earth, like those damn Obsidian Golems)?

Thanks for any/all input!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I was earth spec for awhile, but changed to water. As a melee, the slowing effects for ice fist and ice field, and especially the healing effects from water elemental suited my melee build best. I left all my skills high in earth, so run with high attunement there. I decided against tactics because using the stances all damage armor and I don't like to be repairing or replacing armor all the time. Thus really not using much out of the tree to justify specilization there.

Numa, Anpu and Fister Magee like this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

If you are a mage best option between the ones you listed before is heavy armor spec which provide around 20% more damage resist, more max dr, 6 stack of glancing blow, inner str, body slam and absorb impact: if you want to take less dmg this is best option. Imho tactic or focus spec are not realy functional for your build.

4. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Unless you are always using melee, i would reconsider. Same armor here and I am loving Earth/Moon. Ill pull out a pole or bludgeon when fighting things that are magic resistant.

Numa, Fister Magee and Anpu like this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yes, mostly mage, actually yes, am thinking of my blades xp pool, and wanting to maybe push to bludgeon, which would give me more xp for bludgeon, which of course helps strength and my build. I just hate thinking of the fantastic swords I could wield as well! But I think a lot of that mentality is in fantasy movies (as nothing important have come out of blades, legendary or crafted). I think so far, Heavy spec, and get rid of swords for bludgeon.

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This sounds really cool actually. But I love Sun as well. So I'm not sure if I can take a hit there, but that definitely makes me think more about my choices!

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

You could always just spec sun for the extra int and crit bonus. You'd have to use enlightenment instead of strength, but it would also help any other magic damage you mix in.

Numa and Fister Magee like this.
  8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yes, I was thinking this is the way I'll likely go! :) Plus, screw blades, and go pure bludgeon.

Boris Mondragon and Lazlo like this.
  9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

This advertisement has been approved by Atos!

Ok, Maybe not. But he does like Bludgeon ;-)

Boris Mondragon and Fister Magee like this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Polearms are nice for damage. But I love crowd control, and that’s what bludgeon does well.

11. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

Healing spec would help you alot, and would be useful everywhere. So even if you play as a mage or a fighter sometimes, your survival rate will be greatly increased.

But you might get addicted to the casting speed.

Death is really tricky. I am now a death/chaos mage, its awesome but im very limited to what I can kill, and theres many undead in this game.

What ever you try, I suggest you dont turn down the skills, unlearn the specialization with a obsidian scroll of unlearning and keep the regular spells/innates the same.

From what ive heard you lose 50% of the exp from turning them down.

Boris Mondragon and Fister Magee like this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

I recreated my alt char to be a paladin with blades/polearm/ranged for offense and shields/heavy armor for defense.

After monitoring this thread have decided to chuck swords too for bludgeon since I wasn't happy with the sword+shield combo. Have a combat pet so DPS isn't as much of a problem.

Trying to recreate the ESO warden class so have Earth/Water/Life with a bit of Sun thrown in :)

Will probably spec in Heavy armor and Earth.

[​IMG]

13. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Fister Magee ; Brother, just pick the one you think will be the most fun until @Chris nerfs it cause someone told him it’s OP. I personally run swords and tactics which most people here think is crap compared to bludgeon but I still enjoy it. Should be a fun preference IMHO. Good luck with your choice. R/Boris/El Pirata

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.