Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] Bard - Atonal Aria not damaging enemies in Desert Encounter

Discussion in '***PTE (QA) Bug Archive (After R75)***' started by Aeryk, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

03/06/2020 20:35
    Title: Bard - Atonal Aria not damaging enemies
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Damage numbers are shown in combat log and flying combat text on screen (if enabled) however enemy health bar does not change. Tested casting multiple times and allowing for sufficient damage to kill enemy to eliminate possibility health bar was simply not updating.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    Start encounter.
    Target and engage enemy.
    Cast Atonal Aria.
    Wait 15 hours seconds before song starts.
    Observe enemy status placard displays Atonal Aria negative status icon (animated to show 2 second cycle).
    Observe combat log and flying combat text damage numbers are shown.
    Observe enemy health bar does not move (turn off auto attack to make sure).
    Observe creature never dies even after repeated casting.
    *update* Replicated both for encounters and static scenes, both PvE and PvP.​
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 16308
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.963.Date.03.05.20
    Area: RandomEncounter_Desert01/Atavist
    Area Display Name: Desert Encounter
    Loc: (139.9, 133.1, 105.9)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX0Rlc2VydDAxfEF0YXZpc3R8KDEzOS44OTgsIDEzMy4xNDUsIDEwNS44NzkpfCgwLCAwLjUxMywgMCwgMC44NTgpfDcwLjY4NzY1fDI1LjgxODYyfDEwLjM4NjA0

Notes:
    Sometimes the spell does not work at all and no negative status indicator/icon is shown on the enemy placard. There could be a resisted mechanism going on behind the scenes, but i did not observe feedback (combat text or otherwise) in those cases. I certainly may have missed it!

While i love you guys, this unfortunately happens with a great many things. If there is one thing we should teach all designers first, it is that all actions must have affordances to indicate success/failure (and in between where appropriate).

These need not always be obvious of course. We are doing games here, not system interfaces -- sometimes the fun for a player is in figuring "it" out. But "it" must be something to figure out or you are wasting your player's time; on top of this we make it much more difficult to determine if something is broken.

Check Reddit (as hard as it is to sort through that garbage) for uncounted documentation of this. Everything broken being the tired refrain for game after game. :'/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    FrostII likes this.
  2. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

I also tried this out in a corpion encounter in the Grunvald Desert, as well in Southern Grunvald Barrens and North Majestic Forest zones and found Atonal Aria is not damaging anything, nothing at all. However the other day when I was testing this and reported a plethora of bugs I had tested this skill in the Southern Grunvald Barrens and was damaging things, unless I just didnt notice the health bar not decreasing and not just the numbers in the log, though I was getting more damage numbers feedback than I am now. Curiously its still doing damage to a single Practice Dummy(the one thats targeted), even though two are in range.

03/09/2020 22:50
    Title: See OP
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    SotA.QA.Win.64.963.Date.03.05.20
    Area: Novia_R4_Desert01_01
    Area Display Name: Southern Grunvald Barrens
    Loc: (177.8, 134.8, -105.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfRGVzZXJ0MDFfMDF8fCgxNzcuNzg1LCAxMzQuNzYyLCAtMTA0Ljk2Nyl8KDAsIC0wLjE4MiwgMCwgMC45ODMpfDI4NS4xMjYxfDIzLjg3ODQ0fDEwLjU0NjMz

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    FrostII and Aeryk like this.
  3. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

I believe this is fixed with 972. 2 ticks of damage after a 15 second cast.

There is still no affordance when the skill fails. At least, if there is i did not catch it.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I am on 972 right now.
    The damage you're seeing IS in the chat log - but it lies... Target(s) take ZERO damage if you watch it's actual health.
    Interesting in that the damage numbers do fly off the target, but ZERO actual damage is done.

Aeryk likes this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Not sure if this is still happening but as this report's a month old - this issue still persists on live.

Aeryk and FrostII like this.
  6. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

[Fixed] Per testing this appears to be fixed. Wolves in a desert encounter are taking 100+ damage in the initial hit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.