"Reaching Out-Rising Up" Support Group Every Saturday From 4-5PM CST (9-10PM UTC)

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I'm hoping your Saturday is going well! If it isn't and you need a safe space to relax with others and chat, the depression support group is starting shortly!

Sonja and Spoon like this.
  2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

@Fionwyn Wyldemane I was wondering if you would be willing to do an audio interview about this program with me for avatars radio? I'd also like to pair that audio Report with an online news story. I think this is awesome and very much needed.

3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Let me chat with @Justyn04 and @Fireblood ! Justyn was the one who saw the need for a support group and Samsara (Fireblood) has been instrumental in being a backup when Justyn is away. I'm sure one or more of us would love to get the word out in a bigger way. Thanks for the offer! <3

4. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Reminder: Meeting today at 4pm Central.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Hi there everyone!

The depression support group is still going strong. We are a small group, but dedicated to better mental health. Discussing our struggles with depression is NOT depressing. Quite the opposite - it is a place to be safe and explore paths to a better, more enriching life. What is said in support group stays in support group.

The in-game meeting location has moved. We are now meeting in Wolves Den, a POT near Ardoris. For more information contact me, @Fireblood or @Justyn04 .

<3 <3

Fireblood, Sonja and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I think I might just put this in the upcoming weekly update, if ya don't mind :) Hi there Fionwyn!

By the way, in case you didn't already know him, @DrDyaus aka Dyaus Braethe (www.twitch.tv/drdyaus) is a Shroud streamer who's also a mental health professional who has a similar support concept during some of his streams. Figured I'd give him a shout out :)

7. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Elgarion sorry for the late reply, please add in information in any update you think is best! As for @DrDyaus , I do know him and value his input and support of the project :)

We will be meeting today at our regular time of 4PM CST.

Sonja and Elgarion like this.
  8. Elgarion

Awesome! Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist. I hope the group meeting goes well :)

Sonja, Anpu and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  9. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Just a reminder that our meeting starts at 4 today in Wolves Den. Whisper me in game if you need help finding us!

10. VesperMadeMeChangeIt

VesperMadeMeChangeIt Avatar

Thank you so much for the assistance you have given me. I am sorry I was not able to remain as part of the group due to irreconcilable differences with some people.

You guys are doing a terrific thing here, keep it up.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  11. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Wow, awesome use of a community game for something good!

Sonja and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  12. Elgarion

This happening tomorrow? I can put in weekly update going out today :)

Sonja likes this.
  13. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Airing your issues in public over the internet isn't the best environment most times. I feel for you, but a forum for video games shouldn't take over for professional help and private avenues of support and you can't expect everyone to be nice and constructive. Good luck.

Sonja likes this.
  14. Aeryk

Aeryk Avatar

Part of the issue is most people are wired to try to help -- yet most are at the same time not equipped to do so constructively. Health issues are best handled by professionals. As an ally for someone that is suffering, it is best to connect with the individual for guidance -- and most importantly where practical -- the professionals that are part of the healing process.

Sonja and Cordelayne like this.
  15. VesperMadeMeChangeIt

VesperMadeMeChangeIt Avatar

My apologies for my posts. It has been pointed out that this person was correct and I in fact was wrong and discussing things like this publicly is hurtful to them.

Take care of each other.

Numa and that_shawn_guy like this.
  16. Numa

Numa Avatar

I came across a fragment of this quote, chased it down and am posting it here. Thought it was very appropriate and relevant specially in these perilous times.

"We are as forlorn as children lost in the woods. When you stand in front of me and look at me, what do you know of the griefs that are in me and what do I know of yours.

And if I were to cast myself down before you and weep and tell you, what more would you know about me than you know about Hell when someone tells you it is hot and dreadful?

For that reason alone we human beings ought to stand before one another as reverently, as reflectively, as lovingly, as we would before the entrance to Hell."

-Franz Kafka

Sonja and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.