1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved 64597] Intermittent lack of sound when playing ABC files

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Ser Kyrlieon, Mar 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ser Kyrlieon

Ser Kyrlieon Avatar

03/21/2020 12:20
    Title: I ARE BROKEN!!! haha, Cannot hear my music
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: zero clue how I got here, Was playing Scales on my flute then crashed and been broken since, It has been 24 hours with multiple restarts of my pc.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz (12) System RAM: 16177
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU RAM: 5980
    SotA.Win.64.1134.Date.03.16.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Knight's Watch
    Area Display Name: Knight's Watch
    Loc: (230.2, 37.2, 315.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxLbmlnaHQncyBXYXRjaHwoMjMwLjIzNiwgMzcuMjIzLCAzMTUuMjY2KXwoMCwgMSwgMCwgLTAuMDEzKXwtNjAyNi4yMTV8NzB8MS4yNQ==

I ARE BROKEN!

Ok I don't know how to reproduce this but I cannot hear music when I play it. The animations are happening but no music. I can however play singular notes and hear them. I have been to multiple zones and maintained the same issue. Everything is turned on how it is supposed to be. Secondly I cannot hear OTHER character's music either. Fun Fact if they are playing a song, and then I start playing a different song.....I can NOW hear my MUSIC!!! Also works vice versa if I am playing something (that I cannot hear) and then they start playing something randomly, I can hear theirs then......Good Luck with this one!! :)

2. Toular

Toular Avatar

I had this problem a while ago .. maybe a year? I have a small laptop that can just barely play Shroud, so I logged in on that with my second account to see if it had the same problem. Nope. I could hear both characters playing (one on a grand harp and one on a drum.

Passed it off to it just being the flaky motherboard sound (I've had other issues with it) and just went out to kill stuff. Then a few days later, tried playing instruments again and it worked fine. Haven't had any problems since.

3. Ser Kyrlieon

Ser Kyrlieon Avatar

Well if you read my specs you would know I don’t have a flaky motherboard and my laptop can DEFINITELY run it. I run on mid-max settings all the time. It’s obviously something wrong on my end of the program but it’s what causes it that I want found out. Not just a temporary bandaid.

4. Toular

Toular Avatar

Dude. Take a chill. I was just relaying that others have also had a similar problem. Sheeesh.

Anpu and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

For a long while I thought I had found out the "cure" for this. Alas, I was wrong. I was losing my sound frequently and discovered that my sticky W key was almost always stuck down when I started playing. Could not reproduce reliably, so I did not bug it. Might be worth it to see if you have a stuck key, or are moving and playing just after a scene entrance while your character is still showing the "safe" colors. The only way I got it reset was to relog.

6. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Known bug being worked on under issue# 64597

7. oneandonly

oneandonly Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This has been around for a long time, I wish there was a reliable repro. If anyone can provide any details on what they were doing before, it might help.

8. Toular

Toular Avatar

I've also recently had the mining and harvesting tree sounds cut out. Other ambient sounds such as my fire elemental were still working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.