Stun skills

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by krakenvarados, Mar 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

HI! i think there is some problem about STUN skills in this game. so... my new light armor spec mean that i'll not use body slam anymore! i thought thats not a problem! we have stone fist that at 131 skills he give 71,5% stun! i tryed a lot of time...but seems don't work at all! so i tryed shield bash, that he give 100% stun at any level, but that seems don't work too! so... let me understand, what is the problem? body slam that work really well or the other that don't work at all? let me know :)
    ps: air stun seems to work properly too

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

All depends on what you are trying to stun, for the most part.

3. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

player! mostly in heavy armor, so they have a bit resistance to stun, but body slam work properly on them 80% of time, the other abilities I listed above don't work, or he do 20% of time

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Oh, PvP..

5. Zen Kamudo

Zen Kamudo Avatar

Hello.(^^)
    When you beat me duel, you stunned me stunningly.

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I think one of the main reasons behind this is that Body Slam's stun can go over 100% effectiveness (as seen in tooltip, should be around 105-106% at GM), meanwhile skills like Shield Bash, Stone Fist, Lightning, Chain Lightning, and others, won't go over 100% as easily (air skills are under 100% at GM + GM spec and GM Rapid Discharge, Shield bash seems to reach 60% at GM, Stone Fist goes to 71.5% at 131!). This means that all these skills have a much lower chance to stun compared to body slam, and will go even lower if the target wears heavy armor, has already ben affected by a CC in the past few seconds, and double that if he "jumped" out of the CC. This seems to be just that Body slam has a far more reliable stun, as the numbers go to show!

krakenvarados likes this.
  7. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

Hey :) i think you mean leg sweep, but this is a knockdown not a stun ^^
    And yes you're right @Violet Ronso , but i don't understand why heavy armor skill Is more effectivness than a shield skill, that shield bash Is absolutely useless xD try it

Zen Kamudo likes this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'll try to analyze it through the eyes/goggles of RG and CS as they were designing skills, I think getting smashed into by a guy running full speed in full plate might disorient me more than someone using his "weaker" arm swinging his shield at my head.

Honestly that is the only image I got that could explain it, can't really provide any more in depth analysis than this lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.