Quest XP is 10x its normal amount right now... so the amount it normally should be

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Not trying to gripe, just a friendly reminder that quest XP has literally been an insult in most cases, and bumping it up to 10x that amount... well honestly it's still weak (outskirts excepted).

As an example, finishing the main questline, the big shabang at the end, is 2 million if it is 10x the normal amount.

2 million... that's like 6 minutes in a Control Point?

And for crafters, you can get nearly that from crafting one of each ugly sign.

So 10x is probably the FLOOR of what adventure XP should be NORMALLY, considering it is a 40 hour experience if you're going through normally.

One exception, the Outskirts, which are the ONLY good questing XP in the game, are now going to be worth 2.5 million each. So basically the incentive is going to be to go do those, then quit beause suddenly "man XP used to be good now it sucks".

I know Bilbo never made it past the starting zone, but here's the progression: Outskirts: Good XP -> Rest of the quest line: So spread out and attention intensive that you're only getting a quest finished every now and then, and there's usually only a few per scene.

Anyway, it's nice to hear it happening finally. It should be the norm at a minimum (And you better tone down the outskirts if it IS the norm).

Net, Astirian, Olthadir and 6 others like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

At least they're trying.
    You know what they say about looking at the gifted horse's mouth..........

Black Tortoise, Anpu and Mishra like this.
  3. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

How does one do this? The only time I hit a million XP was when grouped with my guild at Upper Tears for a couple of hours. Or am I getting this much but wasting it on existing skills so when I look I still only have like 400k on a REALLY good day?

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The only gift here is me taking the time out of play DOOM to bother with feedback. My mistake.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If we get a free quest reset and x10 quest xp, that’s going to be an insane amount of xp....

I personally don’t have a problem with that but wow...

6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Prior to the recent bump in XP, a group at a control point could hit the then current attenuation mark of 5 mil XP within about 30 minutes. Prior to that, you could hit the previous attenuation mark of 2 mil within about 30 minutes at UT (unless I am misremembering on that last part...it has been a while for me.)

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

A few million for finishing the main quest isn't an insane amount, it's kind of the floor of what should happen. 10 million wouldn't even be an insane amount.

What was an insane amount was 800 Xp.

Now, with 10x, you will get 200k for doing the dragon quest in Ulfheim. That's a legit amount. Not insane, a "we are actually taking game design seriously" amount.

This DOES make the outskirts insane, but that is because they are the only place that got a game design balance pass once they realized that the rest of the XP was so low.

My point is this: Double XP for combat is double XP. 10x XP for quests is "Fixing the broken XP system" (outskirts excepted).

If this is temporary, and they turn off the 10x, well... it's just sad. That's all. It's all very sad.

Mhtic and Gravidy like this.
  8. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

I agree. I just finished the quest-line with a friend, and the amount of XP you have at the end is frustratingly low. IMO It should be increased by about 10 million or more. The repeatable quests might be a different story, but they should still give out something respectably close to what a CP can do. (e.g., it's easy enough to attenuate in Tartarus inside of an hour, a quest that takes "about an hour" should probably give about 1/4 to 1/2 that value ... so, today, 2-4 million XP, not 8,000)

Cordelayne and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  9. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Quest XP should very on the difficulty and how long the quest is. I agree Quest XP needs a bigger boost. Don't get me started on Crafting XP.

10. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

You do realize that you can GM a new crafting skill every 3 days without crafting a single item just through doing sieges right?

Violet Ronso likes this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Speaking about that dragon quest. Where is he? Once I find the barbarians I get locked into a black magic gate and die. Surely the dragon is not in there.

12. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Good thing the game isn't grindy for pointless reasons...

Hornpipe and Cordelayne like this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You're going to need friends. You have to beat that wave battle and several more, as you work your way up the barbarian town.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Nerf that one then, obviously. You don't keep a whole broken system because changing it caused one other thing to go out of balance.

Anpu likes this.
  15. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Thats not the only one, there are multiple repeatable quests that the x10 xp just invalidates months of producer progress.

Putting a blanket x10 xp unbalances everything. It should be removed and the individual quest rewards should be looked at rather than just taking the quick and easy approach.

Spungwa likes this.
  16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

[​IMG]

Just FYI for now....

Rentier likes this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Interesting, because I just got 20000 xp from the oracle and another 16000 from turning in trollnails.

[edit] Come to think of it, that probably was 160000 previously and likely was what people were exploiting.

18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That would be a wise move.

19. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

And that right there is one of the problems. That 160k for the trolls has no cool down so can be repeated as much as you like.
    But where exactly is the exploit?
    It used to give 16k before the x10 so is turning it in an exploit?
    It can be repeated by design so is that exploit to repeat it?

One of the things people were doing though was taking the daily turn ins like sieges, creating a second character on their account, doing it again, deleting and creating a new character, do it again....and since the xp is pooled for all characters on that account you could potentially get 480k per turn in of Adventure AND Producer xp and bypass the daily cool down.

As a result Atos is now removing the shared xp pool for characters on the same account and removing any gained xp from those that did this.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Right, and that's probably why it's actually 16k now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.