1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 67308] Banker/cryer in Crossroads are broken by Compendium Teleporter

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by that_shawn_guy, Feb 1, 2020.

1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Been this way for at least 2 releases.

They stand on the same spot that tends to be in the water.

Sonja and Anpu like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

It's the Teleport to the Compendium of Pain and Suffering near the park (city lot). As soon as I picked it up, they walked back in to their proper place. When I put it down, they stayed in their proper place until the instance reloaded.

Sonja, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Nick, this affects you too: i just loaded into soryn fields and the banker was in the river, and you have this teleporter near the docks too. he did pop back onto land after a bit, but it's gonna keep happening.

Sonja, Anpu and Nick like this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Some objects (some decorations, doors, deep water, etc.) have a special "NPCs can't stand here" quality to them. It sounds like the objects being placed had those qualities. They didn't push the NPC away, but it did force them to one side when the scene reloaded and the NPC respawned. Not being a programmer, I'm not sure how complicated a prgrammatic fix would be, but in the meantime it sounds like you found the right solution, to move decos away from the NPC spawn point and reload the scene to ensure the NPC is in a good spot.

Sonja likes this.
  5. that_shawn_guy

That makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is the distance. Hop into Crossroads and see how far away from the docks the teleport to the Compendium of Pain is.

Hopefully, that "NPCs can't stand here" distance from the the item itself is easy to turn down.

Thanks

6. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I just went to Crossroads and, wow, yeah, that is pretty far. I checked the object and didn't see anything obvious that I could fix, so I assigned this as issue #67308 to a programmer.

7. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

08/22/2020 22:05
    Title: Twin Spire home. Pet's/ can not enter home or climb stairs.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: Can not place pets inside the home. Pets placed outside the home can not gain entry.
    Steps to Reproduce: Summon pet while on property.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (12) System RAM: 24487
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series GPU RAM: 3051
    SotA.Win.64.1269.Date.08.16.20
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End
    Area Display Name: Rift's End
    Loc: (-42.9, 90.3, 18.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJpZnQncyBFbmR8KC00Mi44OTgsIDkwLjMzNCwgMTguMDMyKXwoMCwgMC4xMDQsIDAsIDAuOTk1KXw3NzAuNzM4MXwyNy4yODgyOXwxMy4xMzA5MQ==

8. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

UPDATE: I can not place any pets (Deco Pets) within the Evil Eye Tavern as the pet will fall under the stairs. No matter where I place them within the home.

9. Cathy Earnshaw

Cathy Earnshaw Avatar

For me it’s the Compendium of Pain teleporter on my lot. I Recently moved and pets were moving fine, I went to set up my dungeon entrance and the Compendium teleporter and my pets got stuck. I removed the Compendium teleporter and they started moving again. My pets didn’t move on my other lot with the teleporter up I just thought my house was bugged, I never tried removing the teleporter.

Sonja likes this.
  10. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

1. Title: Town crier and banker wiggling and blinking at resident's front doors!
    2. Reproducible? Yes.
    3. Blocker? Partial.
    4. Details: For probably over a month now my town crier and banker have been wiggling and blinking right at my resident's front doors and sometimes jump on top of each other. It's difficult to click on them and they automatically close their windows sometimes.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Constant issue, relogging does not help. :(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am also seeing this as well:

[​IMG]

On entering this scene at the Docks (no one else was in the scene) I saw the Town Cryer at the Docks (and no banker). Then after a few minutes, the town crier disappeared, and then they suddenly appeared above in the picture above.

04/14/2021 22:10
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1376.Date.04.09.21
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01_template/Brittany Fort
    Area Display Name: Brittany Fort
    Loc: (140.7, 37.2, 266.0)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8QnJpdHRhbnkgRm9ydHwoMTQwLjY2LCAzNy4xNTUsIDI2NS45NzkpfCgwLCAwLjcyLCAwLCAtMC42OTQpfDU5My4yMjEyfDIyLjIwMzczfDE3Ljk5OTk4

Sonja likes this.
  12. Alley Oop

Anpu and Sonja like this.
  13. Alley Oop

@Sonja let me know if that works for you, because if it does i'll merge it into the other thread but if it does not then there's another glitched item that will have to be tracked down.

Sonja likes this.
  14. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

@Alley Oop Thank you very, very much! Removing that thing allowed both the banker and town crier to go back to their normal locations and function correctly! Yay! However, what's weird is that entrance thing has been there in the exact same place for a year and not caused problems with the town crier or banker until now, so it may be a recent change that re-caused the issue?

[​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  15. oidon

oidon Avatar

05/13/2021 02:49
    Title:Teleporter to Compendium of Pain and Surrering's block radius is very large
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?No
    Details:Teleporter to Compendium of Pain and Surrering's block radius is so large that it has interfered with AOE chanting, pet summoning, and pet movement in unintended locations.

[​IMG]
    Placing a teleporter will, cant AOE chanting.

[​IMG]
    Removing a teleporter will, can AOE chanting.

[​IMG]
    Placing a teleporter will, can't summon pets.

[​IMG]
    Removing a teleporter will, can summon pets.

The block radius of this teleporter is way too wide to be represented in a screenshot!

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (6) System RAM: 32686
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1384.Date.05.10.21
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Wakoku
    Area Display Name: Wakoku
    Loc: (68.2, 36.0, -103.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxXYWtva3V8KDY4LjI0OSwgMzYsIC0xMDMuNzA0KXwoMCwgLTAuOTk3LCAwLCAwLjA4MSl8MTg5LjMyNzl8NTkuMDU3ODd8NS4zMjk5OTk=

Sonja and that_shawn_guy like this.
  16. that_shawn_guy

This also affects NPC that avoid the area to the point they can become broken.

Was reported shortly have this was released in game and I would love to see it fixed so I can put it back where I originally wanted it.

Sonja likes this.
  17. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

06/04/2021 23:11
    Title: Tamed pets will not follow and cannot be teleported in my POT
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No, but quite annoying
    Details:
    - When I summon a pet in Duanor, the pet does not appear at my side. Instead, it appears on whatever house lot is closest to me.
    - The pet will not follow me.
    - The pet cannot be teleported to me.
    [​IMG]
    - There is *one* exception to this - if I am right down at the edge of the water, I can summon a pet and it will appear beside me.
    [​IMG]
    - And the pet will follow me - as long as I am right at the edge of the shore (although he 'paths' in an unusual way).
    - And I can teleport the pet to me if I am by the water's edge.
    - But the pet will not follow me if I move away from the shore and I *cannot* teleport the pet to me if I am away from the shore.
    [​IMG]
    Steps to Reproduce:
    - Play around with a tamed pet in Duanor and see what you can and cannot do with it.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32590
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GPU RAM: 8011
    SotA.Win.64.1388.Date.05.27.21
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Duanor
    Area Display Name: Duanor
    Loc: (-168.5, 26.0, 301.1)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RHVhbm9yfCgtMTY4LjQ3MiwgMjYuMDAzLCAzMDEuMTQ0KXwoMCwgLTAuNTczLCAwLCAwLjgyKXwtNTYuNDIyMDR8MzguMTc5NDl8MS4yNQ==

Sonja likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

19. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

@Alley Oop Now, that's some wicked 'secret sauce'..! I just picked up the Compendium teleporter (without my pet out) and put it back down. Then I summoned my pet but it tells me that I "hit nothing." The pet is still on the whistle.

So I picked up the Compendium (which was on POT land) and put it into my backpack.

Then I summoned my pet and he appeared - beside me.

How on earth did they figure that one out?? So, the Compendium is bugged. That's a shame - I would like to place it on POT land.

Oh, wow, and now it will not allow me to put it back down. Next step - I tried to place it on a lot (that I am co-owned to) and it would not allow me to. Then I put it in the bank and took it back out again. After doing that, it will now allow me to place it on the lot I am co-owner to.

Finally, I moved it to a lot that this character does own. (This reminds me of the "splattered blood" bug from long ago...)

Any idea if/when they will fix it so it may be placed on POT land? Or is that intentional?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Sonja likes this.
  20. Alley Oop

not intentional! @that_shawn_guy figured it out, disassembling his town on qa. i don't think it's just a matter of being on pot lands; you'll probably find that having it on a lot in the area will still cause glitches after a scene reload. i have no news on its status. merging with existing!

Sonja likes this.