1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Bard Skills: Savage Sonata does not work if near enemies

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Griffler, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

03/30/2020 00:08
    Title: Bard Skills: Savage Sanata does not work in POT's if near a practice bummy
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Savage Sanata will not cast in a POT regardless if a party member or tamed pet is hard targeted when you're standing near a training dummy, but works fine if not or in adventure scene.
    Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to cast Savage Sanata in a POT, observe it does not work. Cast it in an adventure scene and observe it works as intended.
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Rinzai
    Area Display Name: Rinzai
    Loc: (-3.8, 38.6, 128.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxSaW56YWl8KC0zLjc4LCAzOC41NjYsIDEyOC4yMzUpfCgwLCAwLjcyNSwgMCwgLTAuNjg5KXwtOTMuMTAzOTJ8MjguNzE0OTh8MTEuNTk5Ng==

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    FrostII likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Griffler, i am able to cast this in a pot. it needs a party member or pet to hard target. "Gives allies and tamed creatures combat bonuses."

3. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Updated post, doesnt work if youre near a training dummy.

FrostII and Alley Oop like this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm able to replicate this problem. If I hard target my pet, I can excecute it, but if I step closer to a training dummy it decides its not going to work.

It works fine here: (Targetting my pet)
    [​IMG]

But if I move a few steps closer to that training dummy (I'm still quite far away)
    [​IMG]

I still have my pet hard targetted.

Whether my pet is in front or behind me doesn't seem to be relevant, nor does my directional facing, if I get anywhere close to that dummy, the skill disables on my bar (goes dim)

FrostII, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Also doesn't work with an automaton in range...and mobs? and other weirdness. The skill is randomly able to be used. I even ran onto a completely open lot and was not able to use it.7

FrostII likes this.
  6. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I was able to use it at random times during an Upper Tears run last night - but it was sporadic and often the skill tile in my hot bar was darkened and unclickable (even when I had someone or a pet targeted). Later, during an East Reach Gap run, I was never once able to use the skill no matter what I did or targeted. Given oddities with the targeting system (pets get between, random loss of target, etc.) I suggest having a target person or pet might not be the way to go - instead, simply auto-cast on the bard and affect the surrounding area.

Tirrag and FrostII like this.
  7. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

It gets disabled if an "enemy" is too close (which includes training dummies). Trying this at a control point I would imagine is impossible to use due to the mob density.