Bludgeon Stuns/All Stuns in PvP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abstrax Phoenix, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Currently, stuns are a little underwhelming in pvp. I can have a friend 6 stack knockdown, and I can just spam spacebar, or click knights grace and get out of it. A little underwhelming for the amount of time he has to take to stack it. Im fine with maybe certain stuns being like this, maybe body slam having the mechanics like this. But it's just too easy to get out of bludgeon stuns, its completely ridiculous. I think for the better of pvp balance, if you are specialized into bludgeon, your stuns/knockdowns should last a minimum of 3-5 seconds. For the first 3-5 seconds the stun, you cannot get out of it. And then after that period of time, you can spam spacebar, spam knights grace, or do whatever you do to get out of stuns. And obviously to prevent stun locking, but maybe a 7 second cooldown on stuns, or make bludgeon stuns in PvP give a high amount of cc resit for 7 seconds so that its very hard to stun the same person again. Body slam should be a short stun, or maybe a staggering effect. For air skills I think the same thing should do with what bludgeon would do, but not last as long as bludgeon.

2. Restless

Restless Avatar

100% disagree. This will cause more imbalance than even tactic's magic warding is doing. This change would make light armor and anything but a str / heavy armor build completely useless. As if there aren't already enough melee / ranged running around with the current complete imbalance.

kaeshiva and Dhanas like this.
  3. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

I don't see how it would make light armor builds useless? Body slam would be changed to a short stun or a staggering effect, air stuns can stay the same or make them a few second lasting stun like bludgeon and then you can get out of them, and then bludgeon would be changed to a 3-5 second perma stun. Nowhere in all of that do I see anything nerfing light armor.

4. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Then for those 3-5 seconds you will die.
    Stun should be reworked yes, heavy stun should be(which cannot be jumped out) but for max 1-1.5 sec, from extremely advanced bludgeon/airmage.
    P.S. When I see bludgon pvp guys I already dont want to fight against them, very heavy damage, and even small stuns break spellcasting ability, not sure there is a need to buff them more )

5. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Ok yeah, 3-5 seconds is overkill. But it should probably be 2 seconds, because being able to spam jump is just a little dumb.

6. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Put jump on a 1 sec timer?

7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Does anyone use this? Losing 100+ attunement in EVERY magic tree sounds huge. Heals would hit for less, buffs would be for far less, etc. The only people taking this would be players who don't cast any magic or heal themselves which if there are any players out there handicapping themselves like this... good luck to them as they must be a real badass :confused:.

8. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Yeah people do use it, one person for example is Antrax Artek. No hate to him, but its almost impossible for me, a death mage to kill him. He has 100 death warding, super high tactics warding, tons of attune, full death warding gear, purify, celestial belssing, a shield, and a magic resist potion. It makes it almost impossible for me to kill him since all of my heals are from damage. Honestly fighting him is like fighting undead, I mean I can heal from him, but not for a lot.

Numa likes this.
  9. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Yes pvpers use this , with my mage I cannot damage at all you and antrax, tactic ward totaly ruins mages in pvp, is something that shouldn't have been added at all. Mages with more than 330 attunement doing from 1 to 20 dmg is ridicolous.
    You will have noticed the low amount of mages in pvp, everyone is melee/ archers.
    And yeah, kinetic hitting antrax for 26 with ice arrow and i hitting you for 0 with fire with 330 attunement and 6 x skill is ridicolous.
    Potion + warding gems + specifical warding was already enough, there was no need to add this tactic ward that nullify mages in pvp
    P.S. wish i could have a puncture/ piercing shot ward ;)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  10. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

He hasn't super high anything trust me, imagine those one that have it super high for Real like sara

11. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

You don't need just magic anymore to heal yourself, healing potion are super powerful now

Crowquills and Abstrax Phoenix like this.
  12. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Even without super high stuff, he still resists most of my stuff. I would be fine without tactics warding, because against a death mage theres a shield, death warding, purify/purify burst, celestial blessing, resist pot, death warding gear, and death attunement. With all of that combined, it makes it near impossible to damage him, not to mention that all of my heals only come from damaging people, making it almost completely impossible to beat someone who has all of that stuff. Theres nothing I can do about it, its not like I can take their gear off, or get rid of their shield, or make them not able to use tactics warding, everything is not in my power. Its not like I can get better gear, because my gear is practically perfect. To even add maybe an extra 20 damage to my skills I would have to get hundreds of millions of xp, but even that wouldnt help enough. I usually dont try and complain about my own build or try and get others nerfed, but this is just really stupid. Honestly tactics warding should get removed. Without it in the game it would help balance a lot in pvp. Because as you mentioned, you and Kinetic, both of you being some of the best in game, should be able to do some damage to Antrax, but kinetic hit him for 26 with a 6 stack, you hit him for 0 with a 6 stack, and im critting him for 100 at most, and thats only because I get low hp and do that. Not to mention that he can use a shield and block a 3rd of our attacks? I mean its really just broken. Without tactics warding im sure most of this could be avoided. Its basically just forcing the mages in pvp to switch over to physical, which shouldnt be like that, we should be able to play what we want and do fine with what we want, but we cant, because guess what? We cant do crap for damage.

Dhanas likes this.
  13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery, archery.

kaeshiva likes this.
  14. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Sounds about correct. Almost everyone is archer now. Giuseppe P, Antrax (one of his side builds), Grayiods, Ranger Hagge (he was always archer but you get it), BeDbMa, and more. Who isnt archer? Me, Fzol, Crow Crow, Sara Dreygon, BookIn, Kinetic, and Dhanas. The amount of archers and non archers in pvp are probably equal.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. Restless

Restless Avatar

Ranger, bed and Giuseppe are all originally archers. Ant and Gray are the only two who switched. Even Gray was an archer who went to polearms because archery was completely broken for pvp until 2yrs after launch.

So really the only person who has switched was Ant. You have named far more who are another class and also pvp.

The caveat is that Bookin, Gray and Dhanas prefer mage but it is absolutely not competitive because of tactics warding and anything but fire, you cannot solo attn with.

The current warding setup putting attunement negative also separates pve and pvp. As an example, a water mage will want fire warding. This means they cannot use fire to pve with so that person will sit all day waiting for pvp instead of going to pve. This is not good for the game.

So much for a “classless” system.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Dhanas likes this.
  16. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

The fun part is that there were no buffs to archers after the endless pages of complaints about the little nerf of charged shots, thinking about how archer is too good and the amount of people who left sota saying that it was unplayable is just silly.

Anyway i'm both polearm and archer, exactly like Sara and other competitive PVPers forced to that cause the 100% armor pierce skills of both trees.

A balance of archery tree was asked long ago, being able to crit over 1.5k from 30+ yards against full armored players is just dumb.

But talking about death mages, i think i never used bow to fight them, spear+shield and a good amount of stuns is the way to go there.
    I think warding gear is what plays a major role combined to warding skills.
    When i wear my everyday gear i still take crazy damage from fire and i have 0 chances against death mages, doesn't matter if they're weak or strong.

PS: When double lich ring was possible even with all the wardings on ,i couldn't do anything against death mages.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Aeryk, Violet Ronso and Dhanas like this.
  17. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

I agree, I think the wardings are a little unbalanced/not thought out well. And yeah, I did mention 8 non archers, but I mentioned 5 archers, and there are others too. Grumpy is starting to play, Kill Joy, and a few more I forgot the names of. I think it really shows that the amount of people who are and arent archers is equal, which kind of shows that archer is considered better than most classes. And its not like its not true, archer is definitely very good, it has the highest dps in the game on single targets in most situations, gets to attack people from a range, and can kill people within seconds if the person the archer is attacking isnt ready. Melees are also in a good place currently, one melee has a armor piercing skill and one of the highest damaging skills in game with huge crits (polearms), one has a finisher and has good sustained dps (blades), and one has stuns that can stun a whole group for a second or two and has some debuffs (bludgeon). Now lets look at mages (well the viable mages), Fire mages are pretty good, the dots are high damaging and last a while, but you can use purify to instantly get rid of all the dots. also if you get enough fire resist you can take close to 0 damage from fire arrows and some of their dots, making half of their tree useless. Ice mages are pretty good, with tons of slows, hard hitting spells and great heals from the water elemental. The main thing is that ice arrow is the only good damaging skill in the tree, and it also can be resisted a lot with water warding/water attunement. Still a good tree overall, but can be hard to play. Eearth mages, these are probably one of the best mages in game, with a arrow that can ignore armor, earthquake which can do really good damage and also has a long stun. very good overall. Air mages, not high enough damage, and torpid just ruins a air mage. They do have good stuns, but im not sure its enough to make up for low dps. And lastly, death mages. All heals come from attacking, so if someone blocks your attack you will not be in the best position. There are also more ways to resist this class than any of the others because of celesital blessing and purify. You can also summon an undead and it will mess up this class, because if a death mage hits undead they wont heal, thus wasting one of their attacks. Not to mention that ALL of these mages have wardings and warding gear that can be used against them to lower their damage a lot. I think you see why people dont play mages as much, with all the wardings it makes it very hard to. Physical attackers on the other hand only have damage resist to deal with, which if you are an archer or a polearms user you can completely negate that with puncture/piercing shot.

18. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Nope, I'm an archer in PVP. Main school is blades of course and I use that in PVE but good luck against a PVP archer. Much easier to stack up resist and defense and pew pew pew. Can kill most 1v1 just defense and click pew pew.

We agree!

Violet Ronso and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

pew pew. I like that! :D

Violet Ronso likes this.
  20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This is the part that amazes me, after a whole year or so of complaining that archers hit too much, there were a few little nerfs here and there which made the casual archers rage quit, but then PVP is still centered around archers, and they are the main complaint of everyone who wants some fun PVP... its is insane...

@Chris This thread is possibly the PERFECT example of your game needing PvP specific balance passes, balance that is only applicable when it is in a Player versus player environment, because your PvE crowd is leaving if you nerf them, but the PVP crowd needs the nerfs to have a balanced environment... PLEASE GIVE PVP SOME LOVE

Dhanas and Sara Dreygon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.