1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68373] low FPS and hitching / GUI causing huge lag

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Echondas, Mar 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

03/26/2020 16:41
    Title: low FPS and hitching
    Reproduction Rate: ?
    Blocker?
    Details: Getting a lot more hitching in exp parties this release and pretty low FPS (~10-15)
    Steps to Reproduce: Was in East Reach Gap - quit the game and reloaded so it was a fresh load and only scene to have been loaded - that helps a bit briefly but the game will still start to bog down after a few minutes of partying.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 32679
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1143.Date.03.26.20
    Area: Novia_R4_Desert01_EastreachGap
    Area Display Name: Eastreach Gap
    Loc: (-127.4, 129.6, -131.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfRGVzZXJ0MDFfRWFzdHJlYWNoR2FwfHwoLTEyNy4zODcsIDEyOS42NDksIC0xMzEuMTM4KXwoMCwgLTAuMjU3LCAwLCAwLjk2Nil8Njc0Ljc3NTN8MjUuODc4OTF8OS44ODk5OTg=

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  2. Araminis Darkblade

Araminis Darkblade Avatar

close to same issue here takes a bit but gets slower and slower especially in towns. Have to restart multiple times a day, maybe 2-3 times an hr sometimes. checked my system over multiple times, my room mate is running fine think something to do with Nvidia drivers maybe only difference in our systems is he is running AMD GPU. its getting super annoying.

Rada Torment likes this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This tracks with what I'm seeing as well, but it started before yesterday, its been the last couple of weeks. In graphic intense areas getting slowdowns so bad it even lag symboled me back to login once, game becomes like, less than 1 FPS, and sometimes freezes completely for several seconds, but then once all the effects stops, is fine. Getting 'hitch buildup' the longer I'm in a scene the worse it gets until I have to close it down. 99% of the time its totally fine, but notably gets bad when lots of monsters are on the screen at once being caught on fire.

4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Same here, super annoying in towns.

Started like a month ago? its not related to last release.

5. Araminis Darkblade

Yeah about a month ago it started for me also. I have restarted my client at least 15-20 times today already

Rada Torment likes this.
  6. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I have been testing tonight and its unplayable for me. I can play if I don't leave the map, once I change the scene my framerate drops to 5-10 fps. I'm gonna stop for now until a new fix.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Araminis Darkblade likes this.
  7. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

Game very laggy in crossroad alleys when farming. haven't seen it this laggy before. Restarted game twice tonight.

03/29/2020 01:58
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32699
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1143.Date.03.26.20
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01a_template/Crossroads Alleys
    Area Display Name: Crossroads Alleys
    Loc: (373.1, 52.6, -173.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxDcm9zc3JvYWRzIEFsbGV5c3woMzczLjA5MSwgNTIuNjEyLCAtMTczLjc5OSl8KDAsIDAuMDk0LCAwLCAwLjk5Nil8OC44MTUzMjR8MzAuODQyNjJ8Ni42NDMzOTQ=

8. Araminis Darkblade

I played with 2 friends last night and they have had the lag also for a few weeks, around time deco limit/pets increased. Same as I.

9. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

Araminis Darkblade and Alley Oop like this.
  10. Araminis Darkblade

Sator Faryn likes this.
  11. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

I started to get very slow performance for both my Aurora R6 (GeForce GTX 1070) and Aurora R8 (GeForce RTX 2080) on Sunday.
    Just a day after I told @Atos about getting great performance on both after I change my video cable output to the dispayport.
    From what I can tell I am getting 0.0% now on the Nvidia GPU for the GeForce RTX 2080. It was 36% . And the onboard GPU is at 99% and was 19%.
    The Aurora R8 is getting 10-12 FPS.

The Aurora R6 test PC is getting 20-27 FPS in Ardoris. Its very sporadic. Its GeForce GTX 1070 is now getting also 99% for the onboard GPU and the Nvidia GTX 1070 is at 6-10%.
    It used to get 55-60 FPS in Ardoris.

So far I tried to rename the above file on the Aurora R8 from GDOC.DLL to GDOC.DLL.BAK. No change. Did a couple of reboots. No observable change. Still around 10-12 FPS. (corrected typo. I didn't get 112 FPS. lol).

I did a full uninstall and re-install. No change.
    I dropped the graphics down to fastest. No change.

So right now my older PC the Aurora R6 is faster at about 20-27 FPS.
    The Aurora R8 is slower at 10-12 FPS.

On Saturday I told Atos I found a difference in output by switching between a USB/HDMI cable to a DisplayPort/HDMI cable. I sawa 20 FPS increase switching
    to the DisplayPort/HDMI cable adapter. I would think using the GPU onboard HDMI out would be the fastest. But its not. Also leave that reservedfor my Oculus Rift HDMI connection.

I have the latest Nvidia drivers and all updates on my two Alienware Aurora PCs.

If I can get a list of things to test and try I'll work very hard on it at 5 pm Eastern. I love troubleshooting and finding the solution to problems.
    But right now its looking like the current build of the game is not set to work with the Nvidia RTX 2080. And it has limited/lowered communication
    with the Nvidia GTX 1070.

But at this point trying to re-decorate my POT at 10-12 FPS or 20-27 FPS is just not going to be possible or fun to do when re-building a Keep sized maze.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

While things have been "generally bad" for the last month or so, last night's patch made it go from "bad" to "unplayable." I've done this dance with Sota in the past, and I'm not willing to mess about reinstalling things and updating things and finding new drivers for things for the umpteenth time when history has taught me that this likely doesn't help/change anything.

Nothing's changed on my end. Game was working fine. They do a patch. Game works less fine. Its been a kinda slow downward spiral for the last couple of years in terms of performance, but the difference this last month has been significant. We've got several machines with different hardware configs in this household that play Sota and its "worse" in every case. This last month has been worse than normal. But last night, a very significant degradation was seen before and after the most recent patch where even my friends who have "supercomputers" are going through their steam libraries finding something else to do until this is resolved. I thought last night's patch was just turning off the 10x XP (there's no notes so, who knows?) but somehow its had the side effect of catastrophic performance issues. #mysteriesofsota

13. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

I haven't been able to play for some time due to covid causing a huge uptick at work, but performance has been a killer for this game. I was still getting the ice effects bug causing slowdowns as of 2 months ago, not sure what it looks like now.
    Testing now
    Seeing hitching, even at 75fps / best (4k)..
    renamed referenced dll. now getting about 400 errors per second in /debug NullReferenceException
    hitching is gone, FPS has dropped to 51fps.

03/31/2020 14:15
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16) System RAM: 65440
    GPU: NVIDIA TITAN RTX(x2) GPU RAM: 24152
    SotA.Win.64.1151.Date.03.30.20

14. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

lots of artifact on lighting effects

15. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

Please Wait....

just sits there until you kill the process when you quit. I waited 15 minutes.

16. Araminis Darkblade

Still having issues with lag from before this last really bad lag issue, mostly in towns, deco or something is really messing with FPS, starts off ok then 15-30min in cant even play, CICI could see me lagging. been going on for few weeks now, checked my internet/firewalls/antivirus/ reset CMOS/redid BIOS/checked other games no issues/ reloaded clean drivers for everything. PLS help fix this, I deco alot and craft when im unwell and cant do anything atm in town for long.

17. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

So after the patches today I went from 10-12 FPS to 13-15 FPS. I'm still not even close to the 55-60 FPS. My Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 is at 0.0%, and my onboard Intel UHD Graphics 630 is at 99%. The game is just not playable for me at 13-15 FPS. Is it possible the QA server could be rolled back to the build the main server was at on Saturday March 28th? Something before build# 1148. That is when my performance dropped from 55-60 FPS down to 10-12 FPS. I would like to test that to see what results I get with a build before 1148 on the QA. But if its too hard to roll back like that, I understand. So I do see a slight increase in performance, but still it looks like Unity is not communicating with the GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080. @Chris just saw your twitter post from today April 1 at 7:17 AM - "Kicking off a QA build shortly with lots of changes. This will include the changes that broken everything 2 days ago so we can try to understand what happened and why it works locally but not in a full player build." I'll test as soon as QA has a new build.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  18. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

FIXED FOR ME - Normally my primary monitor is connected to my motherboard's display port connection with a displayport/HDMI adapter. I normally get 55+ FPS in Ardoris. But after the patch on Sunday, my FPS dropped to 10-12 FPS. Today I tested again after the patches and it was still 10-12 FPS. I normally can't use the displayport connection directly on my Nvidia GPU because it is used by my Oculus Rift S which I use for testing my VR games in development. I just switched the displayport/HDMI adapter to my Nvidia displayport cable and I'm back to over 55+ FPS. I'm actually getting 59 to 63 FPS! I'm also getting this high frame rate in Owl's Head.

19. Araminis Darkblade

Wish that would work for me, Im already running both monitors on display port, seems this really is affecting RTX cards alot, I havr an MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11G GDDR6, dropping down to 3-5 FPS in towns after a short while, adventure areas seem fine for me, has to be with housing,dynamic lighting or something, even turned everything to low settings no help at all.

Sator Faryn likes this.
  20. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

Just curious, but test it in my POT the Haunted Keep of Solania if you have time. I'm getting 58-61 FPS with my GeForce RTX 2080. Not many lights or buildings. Just curious what you get. Its in the upper left of Mistrendur, or you can still get to it by the wagon at the entrance of Solania. Tell me a name of a town where you are getting 3-5 FPS and I'll go test it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.